AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-24, 01:25   Link #2761
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
I'm glad no one is being reincarnated. Characters carrying around baggage from a previous life suck.

En kneeling before Hakuei was sweetness. Obviously this was back when she was the 1st Imperial princess (technically she still is) and he was 5th in line for the succession. I'm inclined to think that the meeting was shortly after he'd conquered his first dungeon, since I do not believe he was the 1st Imperial prince when he achieved that. I like it when an author actively promotes a ship I can get behind.

I'm inclined to believe that the white god and the black god are one in the same. Appearances are far too similar.
En and Hakuei always felt like they had a relationship that would have probably progressed relatively quickly had they not been step-siblings already.

Perhaps the original god fell into depravity when it realized that only death would bring absolute peace. A dead world is a peaceful world, as there will be not a thing left alive to destroy it in the first place.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 01:29   Link #2762
ellifeedn
Thinker

I thought En and Hakuei were cousins.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 01:37   Link #2763
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

solomon and sinbad are alike in many ways
Old 2014-02-24, 01:43   Link #2764
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
En and Hakuei always felt like they had a relationship that would have probably progressed relatively quickly had they not been step-siblings already.
Rather their relationship would have progressed if he didn't have so much responsibility. If the 1st Emperor and his sons hadn't been killed and En hadn't been propelled further in terms of importance, he would probably be a scholar when he wasn't being used as a battering ram against Kou's enemies.

There's just a lot of things that indicate those two as being a couple.

The mangaka had an interview in her encyclopedia where Hakuryuu is teased about how well his sister and En get along. Hakuryuu becomes defensive and obviously very jealous lol

Hakuei has had nothing but praise for En. She's compared him to her father, who was apparently a great man, except she believes En to have more compassion and mercy. She also protested when Gyokouen made a move on En.

When Kougyokou went to meet with En, Hakuei beat her to it, and Kougyokou was very jealous of how friendly Hakuei was with En.

When En threw Alibaba into a volcano, Hakuei instantly understood En's intentions with a smile on her face. She understands him.

When considering who to marry off to Alibaba, Hakuei hadn't even entered into En's mind, even though she is every bit as much a princess as Kougyokou.

And yes, they are cousins and they are step-siblings. However, cousins in some cultures are okay to marry, and they are also royalty in a country that threatens to be divided by civil war, a country where marriage to cement political arrangements is common. Besides, in some circles of animefandom, shipping cousins and step-siblings is very appealing. That En and Hakuei are a double entre must blow some people's minds.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 01:57   Link #2765
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Well they are, and they're also step-siblings; Gyokuen remarried the brother of the First Emperor, the Second Emperor whom was En's and the other princes and princesses father.

After thinking about, technically there's nothing wrong with the relationship, I think; neither En nor Hakuei are genetically related in any troublesome way (we don't even know if they shared the same genetic grandmother due to how Kou's concubine system works, as well as the general uncertainty regarding their country's past), other than particular cultural norms regarding step-siblings and their responsibilities, there's little stopping them.
You mean that the 1st and 2nd Emperor might have only been Half-Brothers.
Old 2014-02-24, 02:09   Link #2766
LystAP

Quote:
You mean that the 1st and 2nd Emperor might have only been Half-Brothers.
Perhaps, there have also been cases of royalty adopting exceptional individuals into their households. Besides that, you have to admit, En and Hakuei are like ideal for each other; on that character guide that went out, I think, both En and Hakuei's ideal partner basically defined each other, respectively.

Kouen: His favourite type of person is a smart woman and he dislikes indecisive people.

Hakuei: Her favorite type of person is a strong man and she dislikes people who don’t try to talk things out.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 02:29   Link #2767
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Perhaps, there have also been cases of royalty adopting exceptional individuals into their households. Besides that, you have to admit, En and Hakuei are like ideal for each other; on that character guide that went out, I think, both En and Hakuei's ideal partner basically defined each other, respectively.

Kouen: His favourite type of person is a smart woman and he dislikes indecisive people.

Hakuei: Her favorite type of person is a strong man and she dislikes people who don’t try to talk things out.
Even their Djinn have synergy with wind and fire being complimentary elements.
Old 2014-02-24, 05:07   Link #2768
hamazura
whatever

dat kouga guy will definitely sad
Old 2014-02-24, 06:06   Link #2769
Breimoon

some of the djinn over there look too much like some of the human characters.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 08:55   Link #2770
Awrya
U mad?

I hope one day Kouha and Sinbad meet with Aladdin calling out Focalor and Leraje, it will definitely be an interesting conversation.
Old 2014-02-24, 13:11   Link #2771
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I hope one day Kouha and Sinbad meet with Aladdin calling out Focalor and Leraje, it will definitely be an interesting conversation.
Leraje would take one look at Sinbad and smash him with her pipe.
Old 2014-02-24, 16:51   Link #2772
sonicgx11

Quote:
That Ugo is Aladdin's father is pretty apparent. Even Alibaba seemed to wonder what the connection Ugo had with Aladdin.

Gyokuen's mole is a very prominent feature. The person's face we see speaking with King Solomon has no mole. He/she looks a great deal like Aladdin.

I'm discarding the idea that the staff is evidence. Magician staves change hands frequently when they die. Aladdin has inherited two staves so far. There doesn't seem to be a personal connection to a staff, they are all merely tools, completely interchangeable.

We know that the "Medium" was defeated in Alma Toran, yet Alma Toran was still destroyed by the god. This would mean that there were two such mediums. The first medium was Aladdin. The 2nd medium was Gyokuen after she saved Aladdin.
HOLY SHIT!! I forgot about that mole

Interesting fact about the staff

But I dont remember Gyokuen saving Aladdin, (sigh) looks like ima have to reread a couple of chapters
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 17:41   Link #2773
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgx11 View Post
But I dont remember Gyokuen saving Aladdin, (sigh) looks like ima have to reread a couple of chapters
No, no. That was just speculation. Gyokouen hasn't regarded Aladdin as anything other than an obstacle and not in a personal way.

I admit, it's a bit of a stretch. It's just that Gyokouen has no personal connection to anyone aside from Hakuryuu. She's not very interesting. Even the reveal that she was a Magi from Alma Toran wasn't all that important since she literally sat back down after pulling her staff out of storage. Nothing happened even though she acted like she was going to rush off and fight Aladdin.

And as much as Gyokouen is in need of development and personal relevance to the cast, Aladdin is in desperate need for development. Even though he hasn't been benched once in the entire course of the manga, he still hasn't really confronted any difficulties.

I swear, I thought we'd have a nice arc where Aladdin wasn't anywhere to be found for the better part of a year, just like what happened with Alibaba and Morgiana, but we can't seem go even five chapters without Aladdin popping up.
Old 2014-02-24, 19:19   Link #2774
Kyuusaisha

Quote:
No, no. That was just speculation. Gyokouen hasn't regarded Aladdin as anything other than an obstacle and not in a personal way.

I admit, it's a bit of a stretch. It's just that Gyokouen has no personal connection to anyone aside from Hakuryuu. She's not very interesting. Even the reveal that she was a Magi from Alma Toran wasn't all that important since she literally sat back down after pulling her staff out of storage. Nothing happened even though she acted like she was going to rush off and fight Aladdin.

And as much as Gyokouen is in need of development and personal relevance to the cast, Aladdin is in desperate need for development. Even though he hasn't been benched once in the entire course of the manga, he still hasn't really confronted any difficulties.

I swear, I thought we'd have a nice arc where Aladdin wasn't anywhere to be found for the better part of a year, just like what happened with Alibaba and Morgiana, but we can't seem go even five chapters without Aladdin popping up.
This true, very true. Sadly he is our protagonist and I can't say I like him more than Ali or Mor or even Kougyoku, Hakuryu or Hakuei. He just feels very flat in comparison to them(although I admit there's not much on Hakuei either).

Perhaps this is due to my preference for fighters over mages but I can't say that Aladdin progressed even a tiny bit during the Magno Arc. Sure, he got stronger but he went totally OOC(although.. who knows) when he didn't go batshitmoralcrazy when faced with the production facility.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 19:32   Link #2775
sonicgx11

Quote:

Oh okay, I understand now
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 21:01   Link #2776
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
Sure, he got stronger but he went totally OOC(although.. who knows) when he didn't go batshitmoralcrazy when faced with the production facility.
He was going to take off his limiters when Meyers showed up. After that, he barely had anything to say. Titus ended up taking a righteous stance, actually arguing with Mogamett, but Titus had some crippling weaknesses that Mogamett exploited; that he was going to die and that Mogamett could help Marga to live.

Aladdin really didn't do or say anything. He frankly lucked out that the world didn't end up being destroyed because of his decisions (decisions he didn't have to justify to anyone in a manga where characters and their actions are held under a microscope).

Personally, if Aladdin really hadn't done anything, if he remained a mere observer of events as they unfolded in the Magnostadt arc, I wouldn't hate him as much as I do, but single handedly deciding the outcome of a war while pretending to be neutral without anyone saying a word against him makes him, in my eyes, a Sue.
Old 2014-02-25, 00:17   Link #2777
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Ithnan is that guy Sinbad killed, right?

Who's the busty, evil-looking chick with him?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 08:32   Link #2778
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

So from the new chapter, we got a tons of new information:

1_God "Ilah" made 500 humans ( all remaining human atm ) into magicians and wanted them to be the dominant species to preserve his world. God does move in a mysterious way, indeed!. I think what he gave them is the knowledge and the ability to see/manipulate rukh/magoi since every living being have magoi inside them.

2_Although full of magicians, humans need about 800 years to unify the world and its races. During this period, human probably shared their knowledge with other races ( Some Djinn are clearly not human or half-human: Vinea, Agares, Astaroth ). I suggest that some human magicians started to develop their superior complex during this period of chaos.

3_Djinn have relationship (Well, they're actual living being ) and it's really funny to see Focalor ( This guy is just like Sindbad ). I wonder what Astaroth would do If he has to fight Zepar - his son.

3_Despite his greatness, Solomon doesn't strike me as a honest guy. The way he said :" Do you really think that?" made me think the guy wasn't so sure about his work. We do know that he did something strange enough to make at least half of his magicians betray him - They even dubbed it " Solomon's Arrogance" ( I still hold my theory about him trying to get rid of all magic for equality between magicians and gois. From Magnostadt arc, we know that even magicians parents still bore goi children. I suppose the number of Goi in Alma Toran is above average ) And boy, that magi is creepy! He does look a lot like Aladdin, though.

4_The God Ilah and The Father seems to be the same. It's probably like two side of the coin: One is for Creation, the other is for Destruction. There must be some kind of mechanism to trigger the side of Destruction ( Falling into depravity, maybe )
Old 2014-02-25, 11:23   Link #2779
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
4_The God Ilah and The Father seems to be the same. It's probably like two side of the coin: One is for Creation, the other is for Destruction. There must be some kind of mechanism to trigger the side of Destruction ( Falling into depravity, maybe )
Actually, I find what Father and Ilah did isn't so different. To me, they both look like cruel gods who playing with mortals in twisted ways. In his appearance, Ilah immediately annihilated all orges around to save human, the race he favor, no way a benevolent god would do that. Then he gave human magic, the power to oppress all other spices. That means he want them to unify the world through mere power instead of understanding and respect. I bet in those 800 years, a lot of blood was shed so that human, the weakest race could stand above all other spices. In Father's case, maybe he hates human, so he wants to destroy them and then creates a world where the race he favor rules or something.
Old 2014-02-25, 11:36   Link #2780
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
In his appearance, Ilah immediately annihilated all orges around to save human, the race he favor, no way a benevolent god would do that.
Maybe the ogres deserved it? A god punishing sinners? Not at all unusual, even for a benevolent god.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen