AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-23, 10:57   Link #9161
Eratas123

@ Zero - So it's more of a cousin crush then? It happens in real life and tends to be seen as alright most of the time since 9/10 times they end up being temporary. Though, there have been cases that succeeded and japan legally allows marriage for cousins and adopted siblings. Does Riko still like him or is it over?

Irish's physical contact is limited to helping partners out or trying to kill someone. He's really stunted and it shows more as the story as goes on that he's basically a child when it comes to interaction. Thankfully, he has the most touchy feely partner

Side note - How the hell did Irish become an ISper? His hatred of the IS and refusal of the supernatural (He's not affected by psychic phenomenon due to his view on things) should pretty much take him out of the running.
Old 2011-11-23, 11:04   Link #9162
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

irish as ISper is irony beyond irony, so cruel that the universe will explode with sheer hilarity and awesomeness and the superdense frigid logic will absorb all the pieces and implode into nothing...

Anyway, Riko might stay there to like him until he got a girlfriend or she can find true love herself, basically she allowed herself as training dummy for him, hence why Rito builds better immunity to girls.

This posses some problem though... since one striking feature of him is he being whipped and teased all the time... and this feature is reduced...

(Insert a shameless girl): "Good Morning, Rito"

Rito: "MORNING MY ASS! THIS IS MY BED! AND ON TOP OF THAT, WHY ARE YOU NAKED?!"

Yeah, that's not OOC, if you read earlier volumes or original TLR then you should knew...

Back to topic, what kind of Dynamic would he have with Ichika had they meet?
Old 2011-11-23, 11:09   Link #9163
Eratas123

@ Zero - Two dumbass harem protagonists? It depends if both are oblivious to love or note. You have to make both of them unique in their own way (Shadow does this by having fundamentally different protags). What makes Ichika and Rito different from the usual harem protag?
Old 2011-11-23, 11:22   Link #9164
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Two dumbass harem protagonists? It depends if both are oblivious to love or note. You have to make both of them unique in their own way (Shadow does this by having fundamentally different protags). What makes Ichika and Rito different from the usual harem protag?
Similarity
> Both are superdense chick magnet and two of them in close proximity will create a gravitational field so strong the girls around them is QUADRUPLED in numbers ...
> Both are temperamental (standard Shonen hero)
> Both knew and REFUSED to believe they had harem (uncommon features that only few harem protagonist have)
> Both of them are Badass Abnormal
> Both of them are Deadpan Snarker

Difference
> Rito's temper easily cooled down (but he often being irrational when angry), Ichika has more control in holding his anger (but once he breached the limit, oh boy, his sanity is nonexistent )
> Ichika use Selective Obliviousness to cope with the harem, Rito is prone to Lampshade hanging and handwave. They basically slapped the fact to each other and still shrug it as coincidence!
> Ichika is extrovert while Rito is more introvert.
> Ichika is optimistic, Rito is somewhat more pessimistic.
> Ichika is more sarcastic, Rito is more direct and deadpan.

Ichika is the Blue Oni to Rito's Red, they basically the same entity when together but can easily distinguished. THink yin and yang.
Old 2011-11-23, 11:30   Link #9165
Eratas123

@ Zero - Uh.....Ichika looks more like the red oni than Rito. The blue oni should be more calm and introverted while the red oni is energetic and hot blooded.

Anyway, they're relationship reminds me of Ichika and Irish's. One is optimistic and extroverted while the other is pessimistic and cynical. One also tends to snark at the other and does frequent lampshades. Both are also dumbasses to romance (Though Ichika is better).

Their dynamic changes depending on how friendly they are to each other. If they're vitriolic buds then their relationship is more comedic and they get along well in serious situations. If they're buddy buddy then they get along better but that means there's no snark offs or any other random snipping that makes people laugh.

What's their relationship?
Old 2011-11-23, 11:40   Link #9166
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Uh.....Ichika looks more like the red oni than Rito. The blue oni should be more calm and introverted while the red oni is energetic and hot blooded.
I knew, but most of the time it's Rito who get the hot points, such as

Ichika: "I wonder if the girls are enthusiastic about it"
Rito: "There's no way they can't be enthusiastic" (finding Lala in the Closet, taking a bath) "Lock the door if you take a bath!"

Remember Ichika's reaction to Houki in towel and Charlotte's baths scene?

While Ichika is more optimistic and extroverted, he also the one that has better brain at handling 'unexpected' situation, usually either being dumb and silent as brick or shrug it cool, unlike Rito who often grumbles or rants about it.

Quote:
What's their relationship?
Just like Yoshi (that's if Yoshi is exist at all...), he and Yuu Kotegawa are tester of prototype Armor Stratos Units (Rito was chosen due to his medical background, Yuu was chosen as representative from JDF).

They failed at their first task intercepting a Golem, that's where he and Ichika met and form odd friendship based on similar situation.
Old 2011-11-23, 11:45   Link #9167
Eratas123

@ Zero - So fire forged brothers then? Fighting renegade IS units and volatile Yandere's tend to make you closer to one another. Still, they're relationship should be leaning more on vitriolic buds and not complete buddy. Dan already fulfills that role.

Side note - What do you call someone who only seems to attract foe yay?
Old 2011-11-23, 11:53   Link #9168
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - So fire forged brothers then? Fighting renegade IS units and volatile Yandere's tend to make you closer to one another. Still, they're relationship should be leaning more on vitriolic buds and not complete buddy. Dan already fulfills that role.
Hmm, I think I'll try with them debating about trivial things because of difference in opinion and Point of View. On the other hand, Rito already has Vitriolic best buds; Saruyama.

Quote:
Side note - What do you call someone who only seems to attract foe yay?
Batman? (no, really) I dunno. Even Villains want him?

EDIT: felt sleepy, I'm calling it a night.
Old 2011-11-23, 11:55   Link #9169
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
A short Snippet from the Past.

Spoiler for Adarna Arrival : C'rnadyne Facility:

lol this post took a lot out of me lol
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 12:00   Link #9170
Eratas123

@ Zero - So Ichika has a best bud (Dan) while Rito has a vitriolic bud (Saruyama). Why don't you make the two meet? It would be hilarious.

How about just friends who snark at each other then?

Foe yay in this case is different. All of Irish's and some of Kyuukai's interactions with possible LI's tend to have foe yay implications (Irish's hatred of the IS counts while Kyuukai has admirers from PT). Ichika and Madoka as well to a certain degree.

@ Saint - Are you going to post that on fanfiction.net?
Old 2011-11-23, 17:46   Link #9171
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - So Ichika has a best bud (Dan) while Rito has a vitriolic bud (Saruyama). Why don't you make the two meet? It would be hilarious.
if Dan and Saruyama meet, they'll wail about how their friend always stole the spotlight.

Quote:
How about just friends who snark at each other then?
Precisely what I had I mind, for example

Ichika: "I wonder if I do something wrong again? Houki seems annoyed greatly"

Rito: "Pfft, I think you should loosen it up a bit?"

Ichika: "Woo thanks, precisely what I expect from you, of all people" (Sarcasm)

Rito: "Yeah, definitely expected from me" (Deadpan snark)

Both; "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha"

(yeah, they knew that they have the harem indeed)

Quote:
Foe yay in this case is different. All of Irish's and some of Kyuukai's interactions with possible LI's tend to have foe yay implications (Irish's hatred of the IS counts while Kyuukai has admirers from PT). Ichika and Madoka as well to a certain degree.
Well, I knew about harem on the OPPOSING side, but how Irish' hatred for I.S. counts?
Old 2011-11-23, 18:35   Link #9172
Eratas123

@ Zero - Do it! Make those two meet! The ensuing clash of butt monkeys will be a truly epic (fail) moment.

So they both know they have a harem? Then what makes them clueless?

Side note - The foe yay comes from the fact that he hates pilots and all he seems to attract the attention of are IS pilots.

1. Tatenashi

2. Tabane's daughter.

3. PT operative.

All of these aren't exactly good for someone who's been raised to hate the IS.
Old 2011-11-23, 18:48   Link #9173
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I see....
As for the dense, they're aren't that clueless, here's sample of the interaction in valentine

*Both receive a chocolate from their respective Tsundere Haremette*

Houki & Yui: "W-would you accept this? Don't worry, it...it's just a Giri-choko"

Ichika: "Hmm, thanks, you're really my Childhood friend"

Rito: "Do I really deserve a Giri-choko this huge?"

Yeah, Ichika prefers straight up self-denial and Rito prefers to miss the point.
Old 2011-11-23, 18:57   Link #9174
Eratas123

@ Zero - Why are they denying it though? I did it once, but that's only because I was still shy and partly gynophobic at the time.

Also, does Rito still have his GIANT harem from To-Love-Ru.

Side note - Most of the Foe yay is one sided except for three. Number 2 is a bokke and tsukommi routine though since she first interacts with him by trying to experiment on him. She found his tenacity to survive despite stupidly stacked odds interesting. Obviously, he wasn't amused.
Old 2011-11-23, 19:13   Link #9175
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Why are they denying it though? I did it once, but that's only because I was still shy and partly gynophobic at the time.
As For Ichika, you know he doesn't want any girlfriend yet, and even if he DID, he aren't ready to broke the nakama dynamic, and so many things he should consider (it's implied in the Canon that he's just entering puberty).

As for Rito, he's only want to concentrate with one girl, Haruna, problem is, Haruna never shown him any overt and direct attention like everyone else that he's damn oblivious that she liked him back (the same is with Yui, though Rito doesn't like her that way).

Quote:
Also, does Rito still have his GIANT harem from To-Love-Ru.
Yeah, he did, though I discounted Momo and Nana, and add Rin and Saki to the roster (Though one of them will end up with MOTEMITSU of all people, and one of his harem will move to REN... and of all people it was SARUYAMA who has harem no-ending, how unexpected)

(and yeah, I knew this will make their fans go raeg )

Quote:
Side note - Most of the Foe yay is one sided except for three. Number 2 is a bokke and tsukommi routine though since she first interacts with him by trying to experiment on him. She found his tenacity to survive despite stupidly stacked odds interesting. Obviously, he wasn't amused.
LOL
Old 2011-11-23, 19:17   Link #9176
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

Hi guys! What I miss?

On a side note, I have one important question: What is your opinion of another male OC entering HotM in the ISA groups' second year? I intend to deconstruct the "male pilot shows up at ISA, instantly loved" concept. I also intend to keep him far away from the sue-level. VERY FAR AWAY. His piloting rank starts off as C, and very slowly makes its way up to B.

But first, I'd like to know your opinions on this before I post his profile up.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 19:20   Link #9177
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthernalRain View Post
Hi guys! What I miss?

On a side note, I have one important question: What is your opinion of another male OC entering HotM in the ISA groups' second year? I intend to deconstruct the "male pilot shows up at ISA, instantly loved" concept. I also intend to keep him far away from the sue-level. VERY FAR AWAY. His piloting rank starts off as C, and very slowly makes its way up to B.

But first, I'd like to know your opinions on this before I post his profile up.
Lol, I plan exactly the same thing with Yoshi / Josh, though it was his mental state that become problem, and he can't pilot real I.S., only the Duplicate with Sub-core.

EDIT: I guess there's no problem.
Old 2011-11-23, 19:30   Link #9178
Eratas123

@ Zero - But doesn't Haruna like him in canon? She makes it pretty obvious later. Also, does Rito's made of Iron abilites get explained here?

Side note - The experiment was a parody of saw using a bunny theme. He managed to escape the traps pretty easily which gained her interest.

@ Rain - Also planning a deconstruction for the male IS pilot concept. All of them were made using cruel genetic experiments and most of them died. All of the ones who survived can't even pilot so it's all for nothing.

The male OC deconstruction show up for Irish. He's not instantly a chick magnet and gets harassed a lot of the time during his stay. His willingness to attack back is also surprising for the girls of ISA who expect males to act like Ichika.

Just make sure tk handle it well and you'll succeed.
Old 2011-11-23, 19:41   Link #9179
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - But doesn't Haruna like him in canon? She makes it pretty obvious later.
yeah, she will become more assertive later. Bear in mind she's just a shy as he is at first.

Quote:
Also, does Rito's made of Iron abilities get explained here?
It's mostly due to his enhanced regenerative capability, flexible but dense muscles and very strong bones. It's all due to the nanomachine residing in every single part of his body.

(yeah, his BASIC powerset is similar to Ichika, but the sources of those power are different, Rito doesn't have his super reflex though, but he has agility and dexterity)

He's influenced by EMP flux and will be stunned for a second or so, but mostly a single explosion, regardless of power output. Multiple EMP discharge WILL make him unconscious or even dead.

This is because most of his organ slowed down the moment his body received EMP, to preserve the nanomachines from the brink of destruction by diverting some of the power from nerve into a built in EMP shielding....

Quote:
Side note - The experiment was a parody of saw using a bunny theme. He managed to escape the traps pretty easily which gained her interest.
What experiment?

Quote:
@ Rain - Also planning a deconstruction for the male IS pilot concept. All of them were made using cruel genetic experiments and most of them died. All of the ones who survived can't even pilot so it's all for nothing.
It's all due to Agetreme's influence of us that ALL OF US have a plan to deconstruct Male I.S. Pilot
Old 2011-11-23, 19:54   Link #9180
Eratas123

@ Zero - Oh~ So, will he end up with Haruna in the fic or is thins going for the harem end like the original did?

The abilities sound interesting but you have to be careful. Making him too overpowered will turn off readers who like balance for the characters.

Side note - Tabane's daughter (forgot her name) tries doing experiments on the protags. They're just prank traps but they have a definite "Saw" feel to them. Ichika cand Kyuukai can't get out and get carroted (Ichika was panicking and Kyuukai had no idea how the trap worked). Irish manages to get out by using his environment to his advantage so she becomes curious about him.

@ Rain - Do you mind if I have Irish deconstruct Kyuukai's behavior? Like saying that he's killed more people than he did, his tendency to carry weapons despite him being in no danger and the fact that he seems to relish in being the "hero of London". As good as Kyuukai is, he's still a proud and flawed individual.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest