AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-22, 22:48   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Hidan no Aria - Character Discussion - Hotogi Shirayuki

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Hotogi Shirayuki related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Hidan no Aria fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-05-23, 01:03   Link #2
Jze0
Hmmm...

Let me be the first to say that Shirayuki was extremely awesome and hilarious in the last episode. Also I did not know she was a M.
Old 2011-05-23, 01:39   Link #3
tsunade666

Shirayuki will fall into any kind of fetish in the name of kin-chan
Old 2011-05-23, 01:53   Link #4
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

She finally gets her own thread.....Of course she would say screaming Kin-chan Sama loud enough would finally bring acknowledgement...
Old 2011-05-23, 02:57   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Speaking of which, she never said 'kin-chan-sama' at all last episode!

Shiraiyuki's delusions are fun, her childhood romance is sweet, and her yandere tendecies are pretty mild, im not a fan of yandere so thats a bonus for me. But i think her most admirable quality is her loyality to Kinji.
Old 2011-05-23, 03:12   Link #6
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Shiraiyuki's delusions are fun, her childhood romance is sweet, and her yandere tendecies are pretty mild, im not a fan of yandere so thats a bonus for me.
My brain malfunctioned for a second after seeing that, but it's okay now.

I s'pose there are those rare folks out there.~
Old 2011-05-23, 03:25   Link #7
tsunade666

what's bad on not being a fan of a yandere? I'm not a fan of one. The murdering tendencies are bit problematic. Though I like Shirayuki but man if she start drawing her sword it's another matter.
Old 2011-05-23, 03:32   Link #8
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I was joking, it's fine if one doesn't like yandere characters.

I just find them incredibly entertaining. I blame Higurashi for that.

Also, I agree I'd never want to have a girlfriend like that in real life. Sometimes they can get downright frightening.
Old 2011-05-23, 04:13   Link #9
tsunade666

Higurashi? but those are yangire. Much worse or rather at least yandere still has .....well both are worse but yangire's smile is just.... scary in different way from yandere.

Shirayuki is yandere not yangire
Old 2011-05-23, 04:55   Link #10
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I was joking, it's fine if one doesn't like yandere characters.

I just find them incredibly entertaining. I blame Higurashi for that.

Also, I agree I'd never want to have a girlfriend like that in real life. Sometimes they can get downright frightening.
Does this mean Shirayuki is the new Flandre?
Old 2011-05-23, 08:24   Link #11
Spat

Thanks to last episode, Shirayuki is now my favorite girl in this series (I 'm a yandere fan, so what would you expect... ). But apart from that, I see her as the kind and sweet type (well, that explains the dere part...) which is another thing that appeals to me. So, in my opinion, she's awesomeeeeee...

Fact that she's a miko is the finishing touch.
Old 2011-05-23, 10:05   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
My brain malfunctioned for a second after seeing that, but it's okay now.

I s'pose there are those rare folks out there.~
Well they can be fun in comedies, but those yanderes that are the 'real deals', ie Yuno from Future Diary and of course the Higurashi girls; it can be quite disturbing.
Old 2011-05-23, 11:57   Link #13
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

i normally don't like yanderes, but i have to give Shirayuki an exception. She's just great
Old 2011-05-23, 14:49   Link #14
Miraluka
Banned

Finally!
Shiroki is yandere, the way to express the author hidden self

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-05-23 at 15:16.
Old 2011-05-23, 20:20   Link #15
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I don't like her because I don't like her type. I don't like seeing obsessive girls falling over themselves to please a man as if nothing else in the world mattered.
I mean, get some self-respect, girls!! DX

I sorta feel insulted when I see girls treated in this manner (I mean by the author) though I can't really complain since I'm not the targeted audience anyway.....
Old 2011-05-23, 22:14   Link #16
Shadow5YA

For a character who used to be completely sheltered, she sure opened up to a lot of things.
Old 2011-05-24, 01:46   Link #17
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Higurashi? but those are yangire.]
Not quite. I am aware that Higurashi had mostly yangire, but there was still one true yandere in that series regardless.

Quote:
Does this mean Shirayuki is the new Flandre?
Not sure I get what you mean.

I know you're talking about Flandre Scarlet from Touhou, but I don't know anything about her.

Quote:
Well they can be fun in comedies, but those yanderes that are the 'real deals', ie Yuno from Future Diary and of course the Higurashi girls; it can be quite disturbing.
True enough, but that's part of the draw for those series.

Quote:
I don't like her because I don't like her type. I don't like seeing obsessive girls falling over themselves to please a man as if nothing else in the world mattered.
Quite the feminist then?

As some have mentioned earlier, this part of Shirayuki is really only played for laughs and should not be taken seriously.

But out of curiousness, what would you think of an obsessive clingy guy? I have heard there are definitely characters like that out there.
Old 2011-05-24, 10:53   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Quite the feminist then?

Yes she is You should have seen her in that thread about whether "shoujo manga series are anti-feminist" or something like that

Moving back on topic; I can't really blame Shiraiyuki, the Hotogi clan really have brainwashed her with their traditions, it's a miracle she was even allow into Butei High.
Old 2011-05-24, 11:30   Link #19
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Quite the feminist then?
Yes, but it's a double-edged sword. Yandere men are just as bad.

Quote:

But out of curiousness, what would you think of an obsessive clingy guy?
I hate hate hate HATE THEM. XD Extreme hate. They're pathetic too. Always mucking up my shoujo manga, trying to get in the way of the main couple! It's so annoying. Like Akira from Watashi Ni XX Shinasai omg adlfjljflads;jfj HATE. xD

You see, the main reason why I dislike girls and boys alike who are this way is because they come off as very selfish characters, which is all the more irritating when they claim to love the mc "more than anyone". My attitude is "If you really love them, you'd bloody back off and let them decide who they want to be with. There's a big difference between trying to win someone over....and acting like you already own them like some kind of trophy. It's like they're putting their own happiness before their "beloved"'s happiness and that's not really loving someone at all.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-05-24 at 11:47.
Old 2011-05-24, 21:56   Link #20
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
You see, the main reason why I dislike girls and boys alike who are this way is because they come off as very selfish characters, which is all the more irritating when they claim to love the mc "more than anyone". My attitude is "If you really love them, you'd bloody back off and let them decide who they want to be with. There's a big difference between trying to win someone over....and acting like you already own them like some kind of trophy. It's like they're putting their own happiness before their "beloved"'s happiness and that's not really loving someone at all.
The the same should applied in every single girl interested on him, don't you think?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters