Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 16:42   Link #2521
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
emh... did you see valvrave ?
Up to date with it yes. But the courts/government and science foundations aren't going to take Valvrave as legitimate evidence or proof.
They spend too much time arguing with one another as it is, what makes you think an anime(SAKI <3) will change their minds and coerce them to make a unanimous agreement with each other.
Or I totally have no idea what you are trying to ask me?
On-topic: So who's going to quit watching the anime after finding about the end of this series?

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-06-07 at 16:54.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 16:55   Link #2522
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Even if this is the case, it really doesn't change the way that the final kiss should be interpreted. If anything, it makes the ending that much more clear to me. Kyousuke used his one wish to kiss her again which is the same thing as him saying he still loves her. He could have asked her for a multitude of other things, yet he used it this way which speaks volumes.
Yes, but it could also mean "One last time".
Seriously, if the short story doesn't tell me they live together and love each other, I'm gonna cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
On-topic: So who's going to quit watching the anime after finding about the end of this series?
Most definitely not. Just imagining the kiss animated is making me all fidgety.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 16:58   Link #2523
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I guess the problem is that kyouske love to kirino come out of blue
there was no hint from volume 1 to 10 that he love her romantically and in last volume > BAAM > he love her romantically
I guess author plan to have Kirino Ending from the beginning
but because this is last volume he end up cutting a lot of stuff
(his love to Kirino should start from volume 11+ little by little not out of nowhere like "I Love Kirino romantically !!!")
Well, as has been pointed out before, there were signs/hints (particularly visible in retrospect), but they were subject to interpretation, and there were also signs pointing towards other heroines at the same time. All of the hints towards Kirino could be masked if you just dismiss the whole thing as "oh, they're just very, very close siblings" (even Kyousuke himself sometimes dismissed his feelings that way), and that's the sort of fine line the author was balancing.

The essence of this sort/style of romantic comedy is to keep the options open for as long as possible (keep people guessing), and then to reveal at the very end. Spreading it over multiple volumes may make for better storytelling in that sense, but so much of the suspense is over "Who is he going to choose?" that it all deflates once the choice is clear, so the momentum is lost.

So basically, if the author had fully-explained Kyousuke's feelings sooner, it would have killed the suspense. And I can definitely see where a big part of the fun of this series to a lot of readers was the way they were kept guessing, even though it basically means that no possible ending can "live up to the hype". (If Kuroneko had been chosen and Kirino and Kyousuke returned to normal siblings, there obviously would be less controversy in this thread, but some people would say that the end was too obvious/boring. And if Ayase or another heroine had been chosen, you'd have entirely different debates going on about the logic of the author's choice and what that means for Kyousuke's character.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Yes, but it could also mean "One last time".
Seriously, if the short story doesn't tell me they live together and love each other, I'm gonna cry.
I don't really see how it could mean "one last time" because that would mean Kirino would have to reject him. Do you honestly see that happening? Of course, what they're going to do about it is the entire issue left open.

But that aside, as I said before, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about the short story. Nobody actually knows what the contents will be, and the title could just be misleading.
Old 2013-06-07, 17:11   Link #2524
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I guess the problem is that kyouske love to kirino come out of blue
there was no hint from volume 1 to 10 that he love her romantically and in last volume > BAAM > he love her romantically
I guess author plan to have Kirino Ending from the beginning
but because this is last volume he end up cutting a lot of stuff
(his love to Kirino should start from volume 11+ little by little not out of nowhere like "I Love Kirino romantically !!!")

And even Minami character been change a lot
e.g: When she get angry at him:
-first time he is not scare even if she was angry
-second time he was so afraid if she was really angry
-third time he was not afraid if she was angry but know it will be bad since she can use word to control the flow if she get angry
-finally she just enter "street fighter" mode when she get angry
About Kyousuke's feelings for Kirino: He already said "No matter if it is now or three years ago, my answer is the same." thus leading to this ending. It also is kinda misleading cuz we only got kirino's background for her love for her brother and to an extent nothing from Kyousuke's perspective other than him being caring and considering her as a precious little sister.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 17:14   Link #2525
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't really see how it could mean "one last time" because that would mean Kirino would have to reject him. Do you honestly see that happening? Of course, what they're going to do about it is the entire issue left open.

But that aside, as I said before, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about the short story. Nobody actually knows what the contents will be, and the title could just be misleading.
This, after the whole series I can't see Kirino rejecting him at the very end when it is what she basically wanted the entire time. I can see where he is coming from with the whole one last time thing though, if he had to use his wish to get that one last kiss then it might be the end to any open showing of affection but that still wouldn't change how they actually feel.

I feel like I and most people would be angry if the author created that title just to be misleading. I don't care what would be in it but I want some kind of epilogue that shows how things turned out for all of the characters in the future since this ending, well fulfilling to me, also seems somewhat abrupt.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 17:16   Link #2526
sooj

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
As long as it doesn't involve the genitalia(sex organs), it cannot be considered sexual intercourse.
On-topic: I'm surprised that no one made any fan fiction yet since the response to the novel was very polar.
some family have for custom to kiss on the lips. it's not because you (as in the person you were answering to) experience things a certain way that no over way exists. Even if in anime and manga we see kisses as definitely romantic, to a court, indeed, it proves nothing.
And I'm not surprised there aren't much fanfictions yet I mean, people are still really busy being confused and/or angry?
sooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 17:20   Link #2527
Kakurin
大佐

Next part... Duh, it's a huge one... EDIT: Only one part remain of chapter 1, but it's huge. Don't know whether I'll do that one. Perhaps I just go over it once, write a summary and translate a couple of funny / important conversations.

Spoiler for Continuation Volume 12:

Last edited by Kakurin; 2013-06-07 at 17:32.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 17:36   Link #2528
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Next part... Duh, it's a huge one... EDIT: Only one part remain of chapter 1, but it's huge. Don't know whether I'll do that one. Perhaps I just go over it once, write a summary and translate a couple of funny / important conversations.

That turns out better and better.Don't know why so many have problems with this volume but I love it so far.Can't wait for the next part. x3

EDIT: I would appreciate it if you could translate the last part of chapter 1 just like you did with the other parts (I think others would too).But yeah it's your effort and time,so it's your call to decide.^^
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 17:37   Link #2529
sooj

AH, it keeps being good, it keeps being good-- BUT given their current interaction I really don't see how kirino will drop the whole DISGUSTING!!! act by the end of the novel and, well, you know what happens then.
sooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 17:49   Link #2530
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
That turns out better and better.Don't know why so many have problems with this volume but I love it so far.Can't wait for the next part. x3

EDIT: I would appreciate it if you could translate the last part of chapter 1 just like you did with the other parts (I think others would too).But yeah it's your effort and time,so it's your call to decide.^^
You read my mind.
I've skipped forward and am translating the ending of chapter 1. Stay hot.
Old 2013-06-07, 17:49   Link #2531
Wilshere

Quote:

This is getting much more awkward, love it. epecially kirino's thinking lol carry on the good job mate
Old 2013-06-07, 17:58   Link #2532
type-R!

So some stuff from the commentaries from the blu-rays are actually becoming true XD
Spoiler for Kyousuke likes:

Actually those commentaries would fit nicely if you assume the characters are doing them after knowing the end of the novels.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 18:00   Link #2533
Kakurin
大佐

The ending of chapter one:

Spoiler for End of chapter 1:
Old 2013-06-07, 18:06   Link #2534
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:

Oh man,Kyousuke is really more straight forward with his feelings than in the previous volumes.I would love to see this chapter in a anime episode.

PS: Any chance to get chapter 2 translated?
Old 2013-06-07, 18:09   Link #2535
Kakurin
大佐

The Chinese guy hasn't translated chapter 2 yet, understandable, he should get some sleep. By the way, this only is the ending of that last part. It's like only 10-15%. I look how far I get with the entire part.
Old 2013-06-07, 18:11   Link #2536
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
The Chinese guy hasn't translated chapter 2 yet, understandable, he should get some sleep. By the way, this only is the ending of that last part. It's like only 10-15%. I look how far I get with the entire part.
Still impressiv how hard and fast he worked on the first chapter,of course you too.
Would be great if you could translate the rest of chapter 1,too.^^
Old 2013-06-07, 18:12   Link #2537
Wilshere

Quote:

Hmm nice very nice liking it more and more and yeah can you translate chapter 2 ?
Old 2013-06-07, 18:57   Link #2538
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Like I said before, please don't pester people for translations, or make posts just to ask/thank for translations. If you want to thank please use VM/PM, and for the translations themselves please just be patient. Don't ask/pester. We'll try to keep things on-topic.

That aside, regarding the interview on AkibaBlog that was mentioned earlier today, a lot of it is more "trivia" than anything else (like the thinking behind the title), but the one bit of interesting news is that the original novel author will be writing the script to one more anime episode between now and the end. He says that he worked to think of new elements in that episode (that weren't in the novel including the last volume) that will help bring the story to its climax properly, and to look forward to that. (That doesn't necessarily mean that it's an anime-original episode, but more that the original author added some enhancements to the episode that weren't in the original.)

Edit: I want to add a clarification to the above. What is being implied is that the added bits will make the path towards the climax of the story more clear. It doesn't mean he's changing the climax, and it doesn't mean he's changing the ending. We don't yet know what episode he's working on of all the ones that are left.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-07 at 23:59.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:01   Link #2539
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Like I said before, please don't pester people for translations, or make posts just to ask/thank for translations. If you want to thank please use VM/PM, and for the translations themselves please just be patient. Don't ask/pester. We'll try to keep things on-topic.

That aside, regarding the interview on AkibaBlog that was mentioned earlier today, a lot of it is more "trivia" than anything else (like the thinking behind the title), but the one bit of interesting news is that the original novel author will be writing the script to one more anime episode between now and the end. He says that he worked to think of new elements in that episode (that weren't in the novel including the last volume) that will help bring the story to its climax properly, and to look forward to that. (That doesn't necessarily mean that it's an anime-original episode, but more that the original author added some enhancements to the episode that weren't in the original.)
That sounds pretty interesting. I wonder if it'll be something that airs this season or down the line then.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:14   Link #2540
Kakurin
大佐

In this post I compile the entire quick translation / summary of chapter 1. Please note, it is not based on the Japanese original, but on a Chinese quick translation. As such, the translation is far from perfect, or even reliable. But it should provide insight in the book and show nice moments / conversations. Last but not least, the source is legit. Now, I'm out of here, tired. See you guys tomorrow.

Spoiler for Chapter 1:

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings