AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-03-09, 14:15   Link #7761
Jellal
Anime Critic

At this point, it's clearly obvious the tournament is going to be interrupted similarly to the S-Class trial arc.
The intensity of the beginning of this arc related to the last and we know how that got handled/trolled right?

So this "Ominous" force caused by Zeref is going to cause all the games to go bye bye.
Man, why am I not surprised?
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 14:29   Link #7762
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post

-Looks like something happens to either Lucy or Levy. Probably Lucy, although I can't imagine Lucy dying at this point in the story.
Other than Hades and that blond psycho who i can't remember Zancrow, who's ever died in Fairy Tail?

Tho I'm hoping for some good Levy or Lucy stuff later, or both.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 14:36   Link #7763
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
Other than Hades and that blond psycho who i can't remember Zancrow, who's ever died in Fairy Tail?

There's also Lucy's dad (although that's off-screen). And that Zoledo guy (person who possessed Capricorn) just kinda vanished, so that might also count. Oh right, and Simon, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Alright, so Meldy's first lesbian experience with Ultear, we're gonna chalk that up as experiment failed, never let Ultear wear the strap-on in that relationship.
For some reason, this led me down a train of thought that led to all perverted ways Meldy's powers could be used. Would it be voyeuristic, or what word am I looking for here, someone help?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 14:36   Link #7764
Jellal
Anime Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post

Simon did by Jellal in the heaven's pillar arc.

There's also Lucy's parents.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 14:54   Link #7765
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellal View Post
At this point, it's clearly obvious the tournament is going to be interrupted similarly to the S-Class trial arc.
Actually the way the dialogue went at the end of the chapter indicates differently.
Seems Levy leaves this note after the tournament ends so as it stands I'd say the tournament does end properly.

Altho I wouldn't say there isn't a chance of the tournament being interrupted, cause this is FT after all.
Nothing ever seems to go as planned
Old 2012-03-09, 16:06   Link #7766
immblueversion

Maybe unlike the S-Class exam, the tournament is the cause of the troubles, or at least strongly related to it and/or its organizers, and will be seen to the end.

And how can anyone else forget poor old Rob?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 16:08   Link #7767
Rahan

How come the thing that interested me the most in the last page was the fact that Lucy was Revy's "beloved".
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 16:21   Link #7768
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
How come the thing that interested me the most in the last page was the fact that Lucy was Revy's "beloved".
Because when someone reads that, the first thing that comes to mind is lesbian relationship/love scene?
Old 2012-03-09, 16:50   Link #7769
sergel02

Quote:
I spent too long reading that one line over and over.

Personally i think Levy wants Gajeel with some Lucy on the side. Or they could just be sisterly.
Old 2012-03-09, 18:15   Link #7770
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
I can't help but be amused at that... not for any humor value in the word or sentence itself, but because of what rabid shippers will do. If we didn't already have hints elsewhere, you'd have people falling all over themselves, claiming it as proof the two are romantic lesbian lovers.

So I'm glad I have a more jaundiced eye now, so that I can see such things and know that such statements mean the girls are good, close friends. That people can love each other without it being romantic.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 18:31   Link #7771
orangejuicetang

Well, time for speculation ahoy!

The 'for my beloved Lucy' note from Levy thing is rather interesting. First of all, it's likely not with any romantic shipping intention, and it's just signifies them being rather good friends. However, it also does seem to imply that something rather serious has happened. As far as I can recall, the two of them are often very casual with one another, with Levy usually referring to Lucy as Lu-chan as opposed to her name. In addition, there is the fact that Levy has written this in 'note' form, as opposed to simply telling Lucy means that for some reason, they are unable to contact the other. The 'beloved' actually kind of makes me feel that Lucy died/Levy is dying at the time the note is being written, but I actually find that somewhat unlikely. Also, it seems to be passing on some sort of information about some things that happened during the games/right after the game, so it can be assumed that Lucy doesn't know it. From this, I think that Lucy will either die (unlikely as mentioned), get knocked into a coma, or get kidnapped/vanish. Either that or Levy herself gets kidnapped, and is sending a message to Lucy to explained what happened.

Of course, this be all speculation. Thoughts?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-03-09, 18:47   Link #7772
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I think this is the only Ultear troll I actually like^^;;. Seeing Jellal and she was like, YOU WANNA SHOW OFF FOR THE FUTURE WIFE DO YA!? NOT ON THIS MISSION BLUELQUIORRA! *Looks at Meldy*Oh Mellllllllldyyyyyyyyyy~~~~, let me teach you something new about womanhood, it's called, S&M *evil smiley face*.

Orange: Hmm, that's a good speculation. I don't think Lucy will die, not at least until finding Pisces and Libra's, and maybe Ophiuchus' keys. Also, there's also the mystery with her mom and how much of an influence she had on the world of magic during her time being alive. Although something tells me that the kidnapping may not be that far off. It could be a repeat of the Phantom Lord arc, but this time, with Gajeel and Juvia on our side.
Old 2012-03-09, 19:20   Link #7773
MechR

Hilarious end to that fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
-Ultear, you troll you. Also, I'm impressed Meredy's magic can actually reach/link Jellal, considering the distance between them.
They might not be as far as you think; in ch.269 they could see into the coliseum from a nearby cliff.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 20:39   Link #7774
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Although something tells me that the kidnapping may not be that far off. It could be a repeat of the Phantom Lord arc, but this time, with Gajeel and Juvia on our side.
Actually, I wonder if the 'Gajeel is a double agent pretending to spy on Fairy Tail for Raven Tail but actually spying on Raven Tail for Fairy Tail' thing is going on.

I could actually see when Raven Tail making some move against Fairy Tail, Gajeel appearing on Raven Tail's side due to his mission from Markov to be a double agent. Hell, it'd be interesting if he's the one Raven Tail orders to kidnap one of the Fairy Tail members, due to Gajeel being 'one' of the Fairy Tail members and thus 'trusted'. And then Markov tells him to do it in order to keep his double agent status secret but make sure the kidnapee doesn't get hurt. And then this is currently beyond speculation and straight into wild mass guessing about the next arc lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
They might not be as far as you think; in ch.269 they could see into the coliseum from a nearby cliff.
mhmm, true but it's still way further then Obra's 'canceling magic from within the stands' range. Makes me curious just how far Meldy can use her magic.

Old 2012-03-09, 22:15   Link #7775
sergel02

She was able to link to Gray across the island, so I'm guessing girl's got range.

but yeah, i find the last page the most interesting part of the chapter, since it creates tons of speculation. Taken as it was, it wouldn't be that strange until the last 2 lines. Since Lecy has been narrating so far, makes me wonder why Levy is doing it. But she's writing to Lucy, so my guess is that Levy might get trapped somewhere and leave. Maybe she's responsible for stopping the great majic (magic should be spelled with a 'j' lol) power thingy. And if what orangejuice speculated is correct about Gajeel, and given Levy and Gajeel's relationship, I could see it happening.

Then again all my speculations have been wrong so far so....
Old 2012-03-10, 01:11   Link #7776
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Jellel got trolled so hard, as much as I wanted to see him win I honestly did LOL at this chapter.

More ominous foreshadowing, it catches my interest but I really want them to focus on the tournament itself for this arc.
Old 2012-03-10, 01:23   Link #7777
immblueversion

What if the ominousness ties into the tournament instead of disrupting it?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 01:25   Link #7778
Miraluka
Banned

It seems this arc will involve Levi just like Tenrou Island Arc involved Kana.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 01:50   Link #7779
sergel02

Currently Listening to: Nine Muses-Ticket; BENI-Ti Amo

Two lines and I can speculate hours on end.

As far as the beloved thing, "To My Beloved" may not have the same connotations in Japanese as it does in English.

The way its written, I'm guessing...

1. Lucy dies. But i doubt that.

2. Lucy goes missing/gets kidnapped/gets put in a state of suspended animation and Levy writes to her.

3. Lucy goes on a journey and Levy writes to her. Given Levy's powers, recording info seems to be her job.

4. Or, something could happen to Levy and she's doing her final job of recording the tournament before it happens.

Lol two lines only and I love this chapter. And I love Jellel too of course.
I'm gonna dub Levy and Lucy as Lecy from now on tho. Or should I go with Luvy?
Old 2012-03-10, 10:04   Link #7780
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It's official - I actually like Jellal when I can't see his face... It's either that or him being treated as badly as some of the other Fairy Tail people. I suppose that Mashima's figured that since he can't make Jellal all "...what is a heart...?", he'll make the guy get abused for a bit like every other Fairy Tail member. Which is fine by me.

Ultear keeps her men on a tight leash. I want to be on Ultear's leash!!!

That aside, GO JURA!! That was awesome magic prowess he displayed. Next to Toph, he's my favorite Earth-bending, I mean, mage... >.>

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen