AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 7 18.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 35.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 29.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 8.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-15, 03:14   Link #21
lilfrizz415

I think it was her split personality. Midori(mio) was the one interacting with the kids at school. Now that she will be more social her split personalities will fuse with time.

But it is fantasy anime so who truly knows
Old 2013-01-15, 05:00   Link #22
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

I never really liked Mios route, so I was looking forward to this arc to see if the anime could do a better job of helping me understand her appeal and her route, but the anime was kind of so-so too. I agree Midori's screentime was too brief to even establish her as a character, and Mio is so emotionless it is hard to feel any emotion for her other than a little pity. I must say I'm surprised at the good reception that this episode has got. Anyone who felt emotional over this episode, I must say I am jealous . That all said I probably prefer the anime version because it's length .

Both routes have been kinda meh for me. I loved Komari's route in the VN though. I think by now it's a bad idea to have any expectations as far as this anime feeling really engaged or emotionally moving, speaking from a VN readers POV. I feel that J.C. or if you don't wanna blame J.C., than the staff on this series, is just inept at building bonds between the characters and the audience as well as tension during the climaxes of the arcs. I agree this arc was better, but I'm losing hope fast on their ability to improve on what makes an arc great.

When I read Key or watch an Anime Adapated from Key, I pretty much know that I'm going to get to know the characters well enough so that they feel like family and that I begin to unconsciously care for their well-being before building up the crises during the critical parts of the arc, which is where i start being filled with a sense of urgency and worry for the heroine, making me very emotionally sensitive. I think J.C. is underestimating the power of moe and making the viewer fawn over the heroine which is so key to starting this chain reaction of emotions that lead to the viewer crying and feeling that an arc was moving and perhaps beautiful in it's own way. Urggh, I'm looking forward to Kud's route and I'm not looking for to it. The music is great at least, but they need to stop using that Natsukage song that's in a different key or something, lol.
Old 2013-01-15, 09:51   Link #23
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Mio: (with Midori smile) Hello, Riki-kun!!! (switch back to Mio :| ) It's a joke.
Riki: .............
Old 2013-01-15, 21:08   Link #24
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfrizz415 View Post
I think it was her split personality. Midori(mio) was the one interacting with the kids at school. Now that she will be more social her split personalities will fuse with time.
But it is fantasy anime so who truly knows
Err... no.

Midori is her imaginary friend, which Mio imagined to be an exact opposite of her... which she was basically forced to forget because of her mother. Kinda twisted in a sense, really.

In a sense, Midori used Mio's shadow to become "real", thus both of them have no shadow.
Old 2013-01-19, 05:12   Link #25
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It's been a long trend that I feel that Key undermines itself by excessively relying on magical elements. Sure it's not Key without magic but in this case I think that their tendencies of taking analogies way too literally stunted the growth of this story as well as the fact that the arc was way too short for my own liking.

It just feels too condensed. So I do get the main point that Mio really doesn't want to be herself and doesn't mind if her counterpart takes over. But of course, perhaps the very fact that she's still here means that maybe there is something left to go for.

On the good side, it's nice to know that the whole theme of sticking up for each other really helps and I guess that sorta build up with Riki and Kyousuke being totally bros helps the whole thing.

I also liked the part how Midori was challenging Riki's memory. It was pretty screwed up in a calculated fashion, as if Mio had used her abilities for evil or something. But as fragile as these memories are and even if they hold meaning for only one person, it's one person that all it takes and one to make it matter.

As a side note, she had longer hair when she was young. Maybe grow it back?

I'm giving this an 8/10 just because I like character therapy sessions. But unfortunately I must say I am disappointed and until Yuiko comes along, I think that's it for me and this show for now. I'm not going to abandon it, but I'm not going to follow it as actively.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-01-21, 00:40   Link #26
eduard3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Looks like I was right, Midori was Mio's split personality aka her other self.

Duno, I didn't really like the arc. It seemed to miss something emotionally and we never really got to know Midori so I barely have any emotions towards her.

So far this is the poorest Key work =/

It simply doesn't have that emotional attachment as others did... and looks like next episode is a one shot again.
Meh, I find Air to be the worst. Barely got anything from that show ~_~

FLAME ME!
Old 2013-01-22, 13:45   Link #27
Haiprbim
Banned

I loved it!
Midori and Mio combining, it was just the best solution possible.

Although Mio did look a bit sad at the end, it ended happily.
Old 2013-01-23, 23:08   Link #28
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm close to taking down my backlog for Little Busters!

For some time, Under-the-Sunlight Midori wanted to be as real as Under-the-Parasol Mio, and is planning to eliminate the traces of Mio's memories from the only person with those intact, and that is Riki himself. Although Midori manages to sow a seed of doubt in Riki's heart, Kyousuke manages to talk him into avoiding that doubt from clouding his memories of Mio.

Meanwhile, Mio is already prepared to leave this world, but through Riki's intervention, she was brought back into this world, and Midori chose to disappear in her stead.

Like I speculated earlier, Midori is a product of Mio's escapism of sorts, using her colorful imagination to create a friend that will accompany her through life. However, she is forced to abandon her as reality dictates that Midori should not exist. At that point, Midori became so real to Mio that losing her was like losing a part of her, which in this case, is her shadow. And because Midori also is dependent on Mio to exist, she became just as incomplete as her, and she eventually longed to be complete.

To me, the Mio Arc was a better one than Komari's, particularly because hers had a weak motivation.

By the way, is Mio's decision to off herself by jumping into the sea a realistic decision or she actually knew something about the "Secret of the World"?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-01-26, 10:59   Link #29
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduard3 View Post
Meh, I find Air to be the worst. Barely got anything from that show ~_~

FLAME ME!
Last episode alone beat all Key works to date because he had guts to do what he did.
Show was not the best but ending got far more emotions from me than any other key work. Whole drama in Clannad was useless after final so yeh... flame me but After Story was the weakest for me, not counting this.

Masquerading Lunatic
It is not an imaginable friend, they have same face and share same body. It is her other self that she keeps hidden. In next episode you can notice that she is more active now what indicates that after accepting Midori she is being more open.

Split personality doesn't mean talking to yourself literally.
Old 2013-01-26, 11:26   Link #30
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'm close to taking down my backlog for Little Busters!

For some time, Under-the-Sunlight Midori wanted to be as real as Under-the-Parasol Mio, and is planning to eliminate the traces of Mio's memories from the only person with those intact, and that is Riki himself. Although Midori manages to sow a seed of doubt in Riki's heart, Kyousuke manages to talk him into avoiding that doubt from clouding his memories of Mio.

Meanwhile, Mio is already prepared to leave this world, but through Riki's intervention, she was brought back into this world, and Midori chose to disappear in her stead.

Like I speculated earlier, Midori is a product of Mio's escapism of sorts, using her colorful imagination to create a friend that will accompany her through life. However, she is forced to abandon her as reality dictates that Midori should not exist. At that point, Midori became so real to Mio that losing her was like losing a part of her, which in this case, is her shadow. And because Midori also is dependent on Mio to exist, she became just as incomplete as her, and she eventually longed to be complete.

To me, the Mio Arc was a better one than Komari's, particularly because hers had a weak motivation.

By the way, is Mio's decision to off herself by jumping into the sea a realistic decision or she actually knew something about the "Secret of the World"?
Since she decided to do that, I think she knows something about the secret.
Old 2013-04-21, 10:07   Link #31
s07195
However,

I thought this episode was great. Though it was kind of mystical on many senses, I've really come to expect that already in most KEY VN routes.

Mio remains one of my favorite characters so far. Props to Riki for facing up to his problems and discussing it with Kyousuke and not just keeping it to himself. Riki's not as bland as I thought, though he does repeat the same stuff he says once every few episodes.