AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-31, 20:37   Link #421
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I feel sorry for Rinon in this episode
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 21:04   Link #422
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

lawl, 67.

And he still gets a damn pat on the head.

Looks like summer's finally starting. BRING ON THE DRAMAS.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 22:00   Link #423
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

lol. I didn't get the Tamiya reference until I watched the episode again. I can't believe I missed that one. It was so popular back then. Anyone here still remembers those race cars with side wheels? XD
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 22:32   Link #424
Kakkou
Tch.

I'm getting damn tired of the delusion scenes already. Only a matter of time until someone starts pulling out D-Swords.

Well, now that summer's started we can get this big ball of pent up drama rollin'. Who will be the first couple to kick off? Will it be at night again? Will it involve teen pr_______? Will Lemon reveal herself to be Ichigo? Time to find out.

One thing's for sure, Kai's health affliction will no doubt come at the most convenient times.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 02:08   Link #425
justsomeguy

Did JC Staff have to pay Madhouse for the HoTD scene?

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 02:14   Link #426
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Did JC Staff have to pay Madhouse for the HoTD scene?
Interesting point there... I don't think the animation studios hold the rights; rather the production committees, so there must be a connection there, TV station maybe, sponsors, anyone checked already?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 02:24   Link #427
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I would think Madhouse would be thrilled for the free publicity - not to mention the writer and animation director worked on both shows.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 02:32   Link #428
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I would think Madhouse would be thrilled for the free publicity - not to mention the writer and animation director worked on both shows.
OK, that's the connection then and Madhouse would only be happy only if it is part of the production group.
Old 2012-02-01, 10:45   Link #429
cyth
Banned

I'm still undecided whether I like Ichika's and Kaito's lack of character. All the others seem like their character stems from issues they have with others, exempt Lemon. Whereas Ichika and Kaito don't have any particular traits, they just find one another cute.

So it's kind of an odd situation: I'm fully aware that these are all normal high school kids (as normal as you can find in anime, actually) and I know that their personalities aren't yet evolved to the point where I could find them charming. What I'm getting at is that this anime is too lifelike to be particularly interesting from the character POV. Aside from Lemon, none of the characters seem to be based on any stock anime archetype. Kanna showed potential to be a tsundere, but she's too nice for that! Mio seemed like she's the stock airhead, but she sure can read atmosphere. Well, there's Kaito, the stock dork, but still ... I guess I'm saying the drama had better be effective in the upcoming episodes.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 11:52   Link #430
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
OK, that's the connection then and Madhouse would only be happy only if it is part of the production group.
Geneon (leading investor on both production committees) is involved with both shows as well.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 12:19   Link #431
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I'm still undecided whether I like Ichika's and Kaito's lack of character. All the others seem like their character stems from issues they have with others, exempt Lemon. Whereas Ichika and Kaito don't have any particular traits, they just find one another cute.
I couldn't agree more with your assessment, that's the one aspect where I find the show lacking. If the preview is any indication some drama is on the way, and I'm hopeful that it will be a good chance to flesh out the characters more.

Its funny to me that in this episode Ichika didn't see Girl C (Kanna, lol) as much of threat. Lemon pointed out that Kanna is her rival and she didn't even blink. However sexy and well endowed Manami on the other hand ignited a ton of jealousy and suspicion. Maybe it's because Ichika's realized that Kaito's got an onee-san complex and his type is older, large chested and motherly women, and that's why she's not as threatened by Kanna. Though to be fair she was a little jealous of Kanna the previous episode and I'm suspecting that she will indeed be her biggest rival.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:44   Link #432
ookamigirl

The awkward behavior was kinda interesting to watch.
Their love life was pretty funny ^^
Nice and fun episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 14:36   Link #433
Kyrok
Mad Scientist

Not sure if I'm really getting into this series yet, but its similaries to Please Teacher/Twins is painfully obvious. Town by the lake, huge love triangle going on, main heroine is from space, and Lemon is exactly like Ichigo. I'm seriously sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for Kei or Mike, or Mizuho to just make some random cameo appearance. Also is this town the same from Pleaase Teacher/Twins? I doubt it but it deffinately could be.

Random unlikely but awesome thought, doesn't Ichika seem like she could totally be Kei and Mizuho's daughter or something?!

Haha just thought about the identical beach scene from Teacher/Twins. watch its going to happen here too.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Kyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 15:15   Link #434
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrok View Post
Not sure if I'm really getting into this series yet, but its similaries to Please Teacher/Twins is painfully obvious. Town by the lake, huge love triangle going on, main heroine is from space, and Lemon is exactly like Ichigo. I'm seriously sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for Kei or Mike, or Mizuho to just make some random cameo appearance. Also is this town the same from Pleaase Teacher/Twins? I doubt it but it deffinately could be.

Haha just thought about the identical beach scene from Teacher/Twins. watch its going to happen here too.
That's not even half of it... there are whole dialogues directly out of Onegai Sensei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrok View Post
Random unlikely but awesome thought, doesn't Ichika seem like she could totally be Kei and Mizuho's daughter or something?!
We mentioned that during the dream episode of Ichika... and unless they pull some kind of cameo and/or connection Onegai Senpai should go down as adaption rather than a sequel/spin-off of Sensei
Old 2012-02-01, 15:34   Link #435
TJR

Ano Natsu is definitely a spiritual successor to Onegai Teacher. However, for legal reasons (the Onegai series was produced by Bandai Visual and GENCO, whereas this is a Geneon x GENCO follow-up), I doubt there's any official connection.

Nevertheless, viewers are free to run wild with theories.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 15:48   Link #436
Malkuth
Banned

So it's a almost legal adaption... God(s) or whatever, I hate those pesky copyright laws that always find a way to make everything so boring!
Old 2012-02-01, 17:26   Link #437
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

And episode 4 of "Onegai Sempai" manages to be the best episode yet.

I can imagine that little scene between Kaito and Tetsuro after Kaito has another one of his daydreams will launch a thousand yaoi doujinshi. But I do find myself liking the friendship between the two more and more.

As far as Kaito himself goes, I hope that I have finally deduced why a wimpy, below average student like him is the male lead. Perhaps the whole point of it is a coming of age story for him and the rest of his friends, and that "unforgettable summer" is where he discovers his inner Kamina or Tetsuro plays Kamina to his Simon, and Kaito finally becomes a man who is motivated, and maybe he actually starts to assert himself so he won't be forced to be Manami's "toy". In this, Kaito being the way he is would be essential to the story, rather than him being a wimpy protagonist that the viewers can mentally place themselves in his shoes. If showing Kaito undergo some serious character development is the purpose of this, then I will salute the creators and the director.

It was also amusing to see Ichika act borderline yandere for Kaito after she sees him with Manami. Poor little Rinon though.

As always, Remon was good to see. Remon in a swimsuit achievement unlocked. Good job, Kaito! Also I sort of winced when I saw how Kanna is just locking herself out in the friend zone for Kaito. Although that certainly puts Tetsuro then in an interesting position if both Kanna and Mio like him.

Episode nets a 7.5 out of 10 for getting closer to that right mix of comedy and human drama.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 19:27   Link #438
Utsuro no Hako

So can we have plot next week? 'Cause Kaito and Ichika being awkward around each other isn't cutting it for me. Yeah, it's amusing, but that's pretty much all there's been for two episodes, and it's not enough.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 19:41   Link #439
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So can we have plot next week? 'Cause Kaito and Ichika being awkward around each other isn't cutting it for me. Yeah, it's amusing, but that's pretty much all there's been for two episodes, and it's not enough.
Probably. In the end of the show, they mentioned how their unforgettable summer is about to start.

INB4EVERYONECRYMANLYTEARSFORDRAMA
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 21:18   Link #440
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Plot? This type of shows are not particularly fertile ground for plot, that's what makes them popular to begin with

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen