AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-05, 18:45   Link #221
marvelB

^Huh, well color me surprised. Guess all the experience they gained after their struggles with Sora FC/SC bore fruit, after all. I can still see it being a good while before we get Sen 2 though, at least.

Also, since signs are sadly pointing to there never being an official translation for the Crossbell arc, I'm all the more grateful that there's a fan translation of Zero in progress (which may be followed by Ao at some point, who knows). But I do at least hope that Xseed includes summaries for the "missing" Kiseki/Trails titles whenever Sen/Cold Steel is released. The Crossbell arc is pretty heavily connected to the Sen titles, after all (both storylines literally happen at the same time, in fact)....

Edit: Huh, looking at that blog post, I notice they confirmed something I mentioned a while back.... the "Cold Steel" title IS taken from the OST! And I guess there is a chance (if slight) of Zero and Ao making it overseas after all!

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-06-05 at 18:59.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:19   Link #222
Iron Maw
Banned

I'm glad this is confirmed for overseas release, but it's hard not for me to still be a bit bitter about missing over an arc and plus 3rd for it come over. I 'll definitely buy it however just show XSEED that there interest in the series over here and enjoy as much as I can.

That said IMO, XSEED should at least try to get 3rd out before Cold Steel (or Cold Steel 2)... otherwise Ouroboros actions and where everything fits will be even more difficult to understand.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 22:42   Link #223
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I'm very happy with the E3 surprises they gave us. Sen 1 this fall & 2 soon? that means we might get Sen 3 not too long after its Japanese release. The blog post was also assuring and it answered a lot of questions about the series. It's good that it has a future in the west.

I hope people seriously buy SC and Sen 1 so we get TC and just maybe the Crossbell arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I think it'll be alright if what they said is true

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/12...s-localization

Kinda sad that they're going for dub though. Hopefully dual voice will be confirmed or something
No dual audio at all, I think. They tried to get it but unfortunately they couldn't.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/607367827100540928
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 10:29   Link #224
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
No dual audio at all, I think. They tried to get it but unfortunately they couldn't.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/607367827100540928
What a bummer. Now I don't think it remains in my day 1 priority anymore.
Old 2015-06-08, 11:01   Link #225
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Dropped :^)

lol jk though that's still a massive disappointment. Hopefully they're going to pick bunch of nice VAs for it.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 11:15   Link #226
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I hope they have the option to mute voices like some games.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 12:14   Link #227
Frontier

No dual audio is definitely a bummer, but hopefully they'll get a great cast in the English dub to match the All-Star Japanese cast .
Old 2015-06-08, 16:53   Link #228
marvelB

Count me in as also being disappointed at the lack of dual audio, but at the very least I still have the JP versions for both Sen games anyway, so it's not a total loss for me.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 18:37   Link #229
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I'm not bothered at all with the no dual audio deal. Maybe because I don't even (try to) remember 99% of VA names (be it English or Japanese ones) other than a small "That voice sounds familar from another source" aha-moment Personally, I had hardly a case where I felt that the VAs were bad (especially if you have not played the JP version)/bad enough to ruin a game. Obviously there are situations where even I notice when a VA sounds too "emotionless" or "lacking"
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-11, 00:28   Link #230
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Even though we’re working on Trails in the Sky SC for PSP now, all the effort going into its PSP launch is a labor of love, not profit.
Damn, I wasn't getting the game because I kinda want to play the Evolution remaster, but this alone is making me day one it. I'm thinking twice too, as no way in hell I can go back to the PSP screen, so I'd have to get the digital and the physical version just so it can go with my Collector Edition FC.

Or maybe I'd just get the physical, and wait for Evolution whenever they get around it. Hmm.... I'll think about it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-11, 10:40   Link #231
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well english VA are improving these days so I have less doubt for them. I'm just hoping that Xseed would pick good VA for this series carefully

Old 2015-09-11, 19:20   Link #232
Iron Maw
Banned

Ahahahaha, I should've seen this coming when Cold Steel actually had a demo and much less vague target release date.

Anyway XSEED is preparing a special LE for CS soon. When details and such come out I think a new thread should made soon.
Old 2015-09-12, 12:14   Link #233
Shadow5YA

Hasn't it already been mentioned on their blog that Falcom is pushing Sen because they want their more recent games out, and XSEED had to comply so as to not ruin their relations with Falcom?

Also that the Sora Trilogy is pretty much a labor of love at this point?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 01:07   Link #234
Iron Maw
Banned

I understand that and entirely appreciate what they doing, but doesn't make me feel less bitter about it. If XSEED had set a target for this Summer and kept saying it will very soon this wouldn't be such bitter pill.

The other problem with this is that we are also essentially jumping into another completely different story arc without even finishing the current one. I personally plan to pick up CS, but I won't play it until after SC drops which is still hopefully sometime this year.
Old 2015-09-13, 10:58   Link #235
Iron Maw
Banned

Well seems like SC coming before CS isn't quite off the table yet.
http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index...50#entry897634
Old 2015-10-11, 13:07   Link #236
Zakoo

So just finished sen no kiseki 1 & 2 and it was really nice, I will straight buy a PSP Vita and the III when it will be released in Japan

Arisa best girl Really after 100 hours of game ( 50 +50) you kind of begin to enjoy those chara and their interaction, really nice games. The second was especially great seeing the fighting was greatly imprived ( everybody love big robot)
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 16:49   Link #237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

We got English trailers! Release date is still set to be this holiday.

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 17:03   Link #238
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

I must say the dub isn't that bad. I like the character voice and almost burst out laughing at Machias with how fit he sounds in the dub The narrator is pretty bad though, also Sara and Laura aren't really great either

Old 2015-10-17, 19:17   Link #239
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

For anyone curious:

Rean - Sean Chiplock

Laura - Marisha Ray

Fie - Cassandra Lee Morris

Emma - Rena Strober

Sara - Carrie Keranen

Machias - Edward Bosco

Jusis - Ben Diskin

Gaius - Kaiji Tang
Old 2015-10-23, 12:44   Link #240
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251290/

Not sure where to put it but holy shit that's pretty fucking sudden. At least this game came out before Sen

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria