AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-31, 15:02   Link #2061
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Which would make it 'Holy Emperor'

Now why do I feel the sudden need to put on gigantic cybernetic steel armor, pick up a heavy rifle loaded with explosive rounds and charge into foes shouting "For the Emperor!"

Though I think that at this point we need more sources give us the Heilige Kaiser in German rather than Japanese. People are too rooted in the Saint King to change it on a whim. Just like Velka/Belka and Raging Heart/Raising Heart, we need more official sources on this.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-05-31 at 15:23.
Old 2009-05-31, 16:20   Link #2062
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Which would make it 'Holy Emperor'

Now why do I feel the sudden need to put on gigantic cybernetic steel armor, pick up a heavy rifle loaded with explosive rounds and charge into foes shouting "For the Emperor!"
/Stops polishing his inquisitorial insignia/ Because Old Belka perfectly fits? I really want to read crossover... not fusion though.

Quote:
Though I think that at this point we need more sources give us the Heilige Kaiser in German rather than Japanese. People are too rooted in the Saint King to change it on a whim. Just like Velka/Belka and Raging Heart/Raising Heart, we need more official sources on this.
Ehm... Cradle control computer spoke German, not Japanese... And on nanoha.com she is listed as Kaiser, not King. Heilig vs Sankt is only contradictory thing.

/Leaves to do his boltpistol maintenance/

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2009-05-31, 16:20   Link #2063
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Three thoughts:
- Fate is so cute when she's surprised...
- Damn, Erio's gotten tall.
- Did Teen Vivio's breasts grow?
Old 2009-05-31, 17:00   Link #2064
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Ehm... Cradle control computer spoke German, not Japanese... And on nanoha.com she is listed as Kaiser, not King. Heilig vs Sankt is only contradictory thing.
Like I said, it's Velka/Belka and Raging/Raising Heart all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
- Did Teen Vivio's breasts grow?
If you mean larger than her anime teen form, no, not really.
Old 2009-05-31, 17:12   Link #2065
Drethillsh

Quote:
And for anyone wondering about her breast size, it should be the same as Signum's, since that's clearly where the rest of her torso came from.
Old 2009-05-31, 17:15   Link #2066
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Heh

I wonder when Ingvalt faces Seiou!Vivio, there'll be a slight comic relief about Vivio's breasts being bigger than hers
Old 2009-05-31, 17:28   Link #2067
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
/Stops polishing his inquisitorial insignia/ Because Old Belka perfectly fits? I really want to read crossover... not fusion though.

/Leaves to do his boltpistol maintenance/
I agree with this though Holy Emperor has a better ring to it then "saint king" so I don't know why it would be that big of a deal to change it.
Old 2009-05-31, 18:21   Link #2068
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpawelw View Post
In anime episode 25, at 0:20:59 (DVD version), Cradle's AI announces an alert: "Heilige Kaiser --- keine Reaktion. Funktionsverlust des Systems [...]"
(subtitled in Japanese: 晴王陛下、反応ロスト システムドウン).
*corrects a little* Err... sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpawelw View Post
Now which form is more canon? The meaning is the same, but the Cradle's form is "purer" German. (BTW shouldn't it be 'Heiliger Kaiser'?)
Ah yes... the good ol' Cradle's announcement system. It's "German" gave me the creeps.

Yes "Heiliger Kaiser" would be correct.
Heilige (without r) is the form used for females, and even though Vivio is a girl, it is still incorrect as this female form would never be used together with the male word "Kaiser".

EDIT: I made a mistake here: True "heilige" can be used with the male word "Kaiser" but only if you put "der" (male form of "the") in front of it.
So: "Der heilige Kaiser" would be correct. But if the "der" is missing the "heilige" replaces it and mutates to "heiliger".
I apologize for my confusing explanation.

I stuck with Sankt more because Seiou Kyoukai is officially "Saint Church".
So we have Saint as an official english translation, and "Sankt" (the Saint titel in german) on the homepage.

The problem I have with the anime (and the DVDs) is, that it already showed to have errors.

For example in the DVDs first opening: Caliber is written Cariber, Lanster is written Lanceter, Mondial is Maondial.

Thus making all the other materials (hompage, artbooks ect.) the more reliable source as these errors are not there (not even in the things that came after).

Quote:
Like I said, it's Velka/Belka and Raging/Raising Heart all over again.
Luckily we have enough official sources claiming it to be Belka and Raising. If they would contradict each other all the time... I would be more worried.

Last edited by Kyral; 2009-05-31 at 19:27.
Old 2009-05-31, 18:37   Link #2069
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Of course, the advantage of heiliger and sankt is that they are titles, not names, making neither of them right or wrong when used. Saying "Our saint Emperor" or "Our Holy Emperor' all boils down to the same thing in the end.

It's the king/emperor thing that we need to spread the word about.
Old 2009-05-31, 18:55   Link #2070
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Actually heiliger is not a titel like Sankt but an adjective and a noun.

It's quit easy to use it for something like: "Heilige Scheisse!" (holy shit!) and as the noun "Heiliger/Heilige" (lit. Holy-one) it simply translates into "saint".

Sankt can't be used that way, it serves no other purpose then the one of a titel.

*cough* Ok putting my useless lecturing aside.

Indeed. We need to spread the word! The EMPEROR is not a mere king! òÓ
Old 2009-05-31, 21:53   Link #2071
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Spread the truth of the Golden Throne?

FER DIE KAISER!
Old 2009-06-01, 02:14   Link #2072
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Actually heiliger is not a titel like Sankt but an adjective and a noun.

It's quit easy to use it for something like: "Heilige Scheisse!" (holy shit!) and as the noun "Heiliger/Heilige" (lit. Holy-one) it simply translates into "saint".

Sankt can't be used that way, it serves no other purpose then the one of a titel
Then what about the Heiliger Gral? or die Heilige Schrift? Those both translate to holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Spread the truth of the Golden Throne?

FER DIE KAISER!
I called it several years back, didn't I? Remember the color of the throne in the Cradle? There's a lot of shiny yellow stuff in there.

Old 2009-06-01, 04:19   Link #2073
Dr_Tom
Also Known As Tomchan

Location: SoCal!! It's pretty awesome...once you get used to the ridiculous cost of living...
Send a message via MSN to Dr_Tom
Not to get off topic, but is it wrong that all I can think of after reading Bardiche greet Vivio with "hello lady" is Andre the Giant in The Princess Bride?
Old 2009-06-01, 04:35   Link #2074
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
So Hegemon will be Inigo Montoya?
Old 2009-06-01, 05:02   Link #2075
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Then what about the Heiliger Gral? or die Heilige Schrift? Those both translate to holy.
Hm? Yes they do.

Like I said "heilig" is not a titel, only a normal adjective and noun.

And while the adjective translates to holy, the noun translates to saint.
For another example I could say: "Vivio ist eine heilige Person." (Vivio is a holy person.) oder: "Vivio ist eine Heilige." (Vivio is a saint.)

I was just pointing out that Sankt can only be used as a titel.
I could never just say: "Vivio is a Sankt." people would give me strange looks.
But "Sankt Vivio" (Saint Vivio) would be correct.
Old 2009-06-01, 05:31   Link #2076
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

First time posting here.

So, is the Vivid manga the latest installment in chronological order? If it is, then is it only me who finds it a pity that the White Devil and her Black comrade had hung up their devices?
Old 2009-06-01, 05:42   Link #2077
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
First time posting here.

So, is the Vivid manga the latest installment in chronological order? If it is, then is it only me who finds it a pity that the White Devil and her Black comrade had hung up their devices?
No, the latest in timeline order is Force, followed by Vivid. Nanoha will get her spot in the limelight again. On 30th July...

You'll get your action there, I suppose.
Old 2009-06-01, 05:47   Link #2078
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

So, Force comes after Vivid? Well, it sort of make sense.

I've been somewhat lacking behind the series. Watched season 1, and only read about the 2nd and 3rd seasons. In particular, my 3rd season knowledge is rather poor. Still, I don't really feel impaired reading the first chapter. Guess that's an indication of how friendly Nanoha is for new timers.
Old 2009-06-01, 05:52   Link #2079
Ottocycle

Still, gotta say you're missing out on the fun simply reading the other two shows.

Just look at the stellar cast! Doesn't that entice you already?
Old 2009-06-01, 05:53   Link #2080
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
1. It's not, Force is.
2. Why did you get that impression? Fate is on frontlines, Nanoha is not, but still have important work as i understand. It's just more of hard and boring work for them and not flashy beams... which gives them more points in my opinion, being hardworker all the time is harder then hero once or twice.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen