Notices

Old 2008-04-15, 23:02   Link #281
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

after 2 ep im soo ganna add this to my top 10 ahhaha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 23:10   Link #282
blewin

Benika reminds me of the scarred Russian woman in Black Lagoon. They're quite similar in appearance and personality.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 00:53   Link #283
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
anyone has any theory of why the "throbbing" hand? and shinkuro almost has no emotion even when he was injured...

i keep thinking he haas some kind of transplant (as he was shown crushed under rubble when he was a kid)
it was explained in the novels why that happened but i would be spoiling the show, wont i?
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 01:13   Link #284
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
To given a thought I'll continue this anime through this week anyway. I'll have my view on it soon.
Old 2008-04-16, 02:14   Link #285
NeoSam

Volume 4 of the boy's light novel series Kure-nai will be released on April 25, 2008.

Shounen light novel.
Published under the shounen light novel label Super Dash Bunko.
Old 2008-04-16, 02:18   Link #286
Westlo
Lets be reality

I love the light novel/manga art but I still like the anime designs too.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 02:23   Link #287
psme

Great show!

I'm thinking reading the novel. There are 2 volumes out (or more I haven't really check...) in Chinese. My question is, does the anime follow the novel? How far ep2 is into the novel? Is Murasaki as great as the anime in the novel? I need more Murasaki!

regards,

Li On
psme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 02:37   Link #288
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Benika reminds me of the scarred Russian woman in Black Lagoon. They're quite similar in appearance and personality.
yes!

i was trying to remember who benica reminded me..
it was balalaika from black lagoon, thanks XDD
thou thus far benica seem to be a nicer person..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 03:58   Link #289
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by psme View Post
Great show!

I'm thinking reading the novel. There are 2 volumes out (or more I haven't really check...) in Chinese. My question is, does the anime follow the novel? How far ep2 is into the novel? Is Murasaki as great as the anime in the novel? I need more Murasaki!

regards,

Li On
It follows the general guideline, but changed and add a lot of the thing. The Novel is awkward enough, the anime's change is even more odd. Especially the whole "arm might go berserk" that anime has added, it felt so random.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 04:27   Link #290
psme

Thanks! My only concern is Murasaki! Is she worse/same/better in the novel? Does the novel has less/same/more focus on her?

regards,

Li On
psme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 07:27   Link #291
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

pfft, Benika is Balalaika-lite. She's far from the awesomeness of the womens from Black Lagoon
Old 2008-04-16, 08:00   Link #292
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
The only bigger complain about these series for me is Character Designs. They are butt-ugly compared to novels and manga. Sad. A good plot and story and character personalities are also good, but the horrible artwork really makes it's value lower.

It is still a good series, but it could be much better with a designs that would remind of manga or novels.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 08:11   Link #293
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
The only bigger complain about these series for me is Character Designs. They are butt-ugly compared to novels and manga. Sad. A good plot and story and character personalities are also good, but the horrible artwork really makes it's value lower.

It is still a good series, but it could be much better with a designs that would remind of manga or novels.

Hmm looking at the novel covers I actually prefer the character designs in the anime. They just look more realistic to me.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 08:16   Link #294
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

when i watched the previews and the first episode i kinda cringed on the animation...

but now it grew on me. so meh
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 08:40   Link #295
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I still don't like , but I've gotten used to it already.

The most outstanding feature? The nose job...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 08:56   Link #296
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
why don't you like the art? sure its not mainstream but theres nothing really wrong with it either.. in a lot of ways i think it's more similar to realistic drawing then other animes..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 09:26   Link #297
gaguri

What's great about these character designs (apart from looking damn good in my eyes) is that they're unique. The moment I first saw the trailer I knew the guys who designed and directed Red Garden were behind this. I have great respect for people who's constantly trying to develop their own style, their own language not just in anime, but in film, novel, music, you name it. Experimenting with styles and refining them in order to break away from the limitations of stapled look and feel of characters that exhaust both the viewers and the works is what I like the most about these designs.

Even the designs of Akagi and Kaiji, which I'm not a big fan of, infuses that sense of crude ugliness that clearly distinguishes itself from other series.
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 10:20   Link #298
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
it was explained in the novels why that happened but i would be spoiling the show, wont i?
aa...curiosity will kill me oh well, i will PM you if the anime ended up didn't explain it or just explain half of it

why the hate for character design? it looked damn fine for me, i prefer the anime design over novel
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 10:30   Link #299
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

No real hate, just difference over preference.

I agree, it is unique, but Attractive it is not to me.

I prefer the manga, or rather I prefer that particular style of art that the manga uses.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 17:17   Link #300
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
What's great about these character designs (apart from looking damn good in my eyes) is that they're unique. The moment I first saw the trailer I knew the guys who designed and directed Red Garden were behind this.
Exactly. Personally I am also very tired of series where all the characters look virtually the same and just by seeing the designs you have no clue whether it is this anime or that anime or something else just as generic, since a there is nothing to make the characters look unique at all. That's why I love of the character designs of series like Kurenai and Monster.

Also, having some relatively ugly people in the anime enhances the dark, gritty feeling.

Quote:
pfft, Benika is Balalaika-lite. She's far from the awesomeness of the womens from Black Lagoon
Give her a chance, it's hard to be awesome when you have done virtually nothing but talk in the first two episodes.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen