AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-11, 22:05   Link #1041
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

I don't quite understand, could you explain what this line means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
That wasn't my complete point. C.C. is the Queen in the eyes of the characters, but she is the player to those with audience priveledge.
From what I gathered, it seems that you are saying that C.C. is a player to us but she is seen as the Queen as a character. Is that what you are saying? (forgive me for my lack of English interpretation =.=)
Old 2008-07-11, 22:05   Link #1042
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Audience view is really all that matters and thus Kallen is more important and apparently the one who derserves to win or some such nonsense.
No, audience view is only a part of the equation. How the character themselves evolve through interactions is also quite crucial in how a story evolves. A well told story balances both well and uses both well, Code Geass has, so far, not disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
I don't quite understand, could you explain what this line means?

From what I gathered, it seems that you are saying that C.C. is a player to us but she is seen as the Queen as a character. Is that what you are saying? (forgive me for my lack of English interpretation =.=)
Yes, I believe that is what I was saying. The characters within the show see C.C. as the Queen.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 22:07   Link #1043
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Yes, I believe that is what I was saying. The characters within the show see C.C. as the Queen.
You mean by the fact C.C. is always with Lelouch/Zero?
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 22:08   Link #1044
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
No, audience view is only a part of the equation. How the character themselves evolve through interactions is also quite crucial in how a story evolves. A well told story balances both well and uses both well, Code Geass has, so far, not disappointed.

Well, we already know C.C.'s character can't evolve (and no, I don't need to hear this all from you again as I am quite aware of this fact), so it doesn't matter. Again, I have to question why they haven't just killed her off in season 1 since she's pointless now. Oh well, maybe she can just die in 15 and make everyone happy.

Which of course is a terrible disadvantage for her as usual.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 22:09   Link #1045
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
You mean by the fact C.C. is always with Lelouch/Zero?
That, and the fact that she is the Queen (second in command) of the Order. She is by role in the plot the Queen to the characters around her. To the audience, however, she is not a piece on the metaphorical chess board.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:11   Link #1046
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

And that's a bad thing and shows she's unimportant, I know.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-07-11, 22:12   Link #1047
Var
Banned

Quote:
And that's a bad thing and shows she's unimportant, I know.
The pieces on the board are useless without a player to actually use them.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:12   Link #1048
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Well, we already know C.C.'s character can't evolve (and no, I don't need to hear this all from you again as I am quite aware of this fact), so it doesn't matter. Again, I have to question why they haven't just killed her off in season 1 since she's pointless now.
Well Nina for the most part is pointless except for giving Milly a little character development, yet she is still alive.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 22:12   Link #1049
orangejuicetang

No piece apart from the king is completely expendable in a chess match. Being the queen doesn't make you invaluable.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 22:14   Link #1050
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
The pieces on the board are useless without a player to actually use them.
Yes, I also know C.C. is nothing but a heartless manipulator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well Nina for the most part is pointless except for giving Milly a little character development, yet she is still alive.
Nina as a character is done, but even she is more important than C.C. and a more developed character. Milly even is more developed than her. C.C. needs to die because she is immortal, a hinderence in Kallen's eyes, and because she's done entirely as a character like Shirley.

Besides, most in both the show and the audience want this and would be very happy.

Old 2008-07-11, 22:14   Link #1051
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
No piece apart from the king is completely expendable in a chess match. Being the queen doesn't make you invaluable.
Depends on the scenario, in the end game that is 'possibly' true. The Queen is invaluable as long as your opponent also has a Queen.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:15   Link #1052
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

We get it. Kallen is the most important character next to Lelouch. Take it to the Kallen thread.

Old 2008-07-11, 22:17   Link #1053
seiji_kun

Quote:

Call me stupid but I don't remember Q1 and the King making out ever. Kallen has never kissed Lelouch, nor has Lelouch kissed her.

Also, why would the Knight (key word) of One be his Queen? Most logical people would put the piece called a knight into the knight slot. Charles' Queen was his personal Knight, which was Marianne. If Lelouch and Nunally are even a remote hint, then he was sleeping with his Queen. Unless he has a pregnancy enducing Geass.
Charles: "Have babies!"
Marianne: "Yes, your majesty."
Charles: "Ahahahahahahahahaha!"
V.V.: "We're trading in your Geass for a more useful one."

In this new game, Charles is no longer the king on the board. He is more the prize. The actual king playing is Schneizel now, and his Queen is no one. Cornelia was the Queen in the last Season, but there was no King. Only the OoBK has a King and a Queen.
So what's the point really? What's wrong of me ridiculing someone who was again delusional that the chessboard holds romantic significance. So Schneizel took over, well since I have not so much Geass details as you it seems, (I only really watch the anime) I'm viewing Charles as the king if Lelouch is the king also. Theire the both ones in command imo. You said my sarcasm was off a few days ago, well so is yours tbh.

And pls say what was so wrong with viewing the knight of one as the queen. I viewed it as seeing he is the knight of one he is the best of the knights not? And seeing when I play chess my queen is the strongest force I'd compare the knight of one to him. If it's that wrong then so be it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Your posts are always well thought out and insightful, I always look forward to your responses, even if we disagree. I just wish you would rub off on Seiji..
I don't think he needs your sucking up to rip on me, he seems the guy to do it if he wishes to do anyway. You need friends to fight your fights?

Besides that I have nothing more to say, you just prooved again your lvl.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 22:18   Link #1054
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Depends on the scenario, in the end game that is 'possibly' true. The Queen is invaluable as long as your opponent also has a Queen.
Not true, I'd rather have two rooks than a queen. Or a rook, knight, and bishop. The queen is simply the most powerful individual piece, but simply abusing a single individual piece no matter how powerful is often a bad idea.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 22:20   Link #1055
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
We get it. Kallen is the most important character next to Lelouch. Take it to the Kallen thread.
no cc is the next important one after lelouch
Old 2008-07-11, 22:22   Link #1056
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
no cc is the next important one after lelouch
No, she isn't. She is not important. She lost whatever she had last season. She's just here for Pizza Hut advertisements and fanservice. If the polls didn't like her for some reason, she would have been killed a long time ago. I'm sure the staff is puzzled as to why people vote for her.

Old 2008-07-11, 22:23   Link #1057
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
So what's the point really? What's wrong of me ridiculing someone who was again delusional that the chessboard holds romantic significance. So Schneizel took over, well since I have not so much Geass details as you it seems, (I only really watch the anime) I'm viewing Charles as the king if Lelouch is the king also. Theire the both ones in command imo. You said my sarcasme was off a few days ago, well so is yours tbh.

And pls say what was so wrong with viewing the knight of one as the queen. I viewed it as seeing he is the knight of one he is the best of the knights not? And seeing when I play chess my queen is the strongest force I'd compare the knight of one to him. If it's that wrong then so be it...
The Chess board holds as much romantic significance as it doesn't. My details are not from some external source, I simply emerse myself when I watch something and make connection which I believe to be evident while I watch. Charles is not the King on the board because he is not playing against Lelouch. He has done nothing to oppose his son. Schneizel is the one fighting against Lelouch. Charles is simply watching.

The Knight of One is a Knight, Knights are incredibly powerful pieces holding a very unique ability. But he was never Charles' Queen when Charles' himself was a piece on the board some 21 some odd years ago. Marianne was his Queen. He had romantic relations with his queen. Simple. Charles won his match and is now observing the new players.

Quote:
I don't think he needs your sucking up to rip on me, he seems the guy to do it if he wishes to do anyway. You need friends to fight your fights?

I have nothing more to say, you just prooved again your lvl.
Since when was this a JRPG with levels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Not true, I'd rather have two rooks than a queen. Or a rook, knight, and bishop. The queen is simply the most powerful individual piece, but simply abusing a single individual piece no matter how powerful is often a bad idea.
Incorrect. Two rooks are in value only one point more than a Queen and their actual strength is dependant heavily on the status of the game. A queen can hold two rows, two collums, and two diagonals on her own, two rooks can hold only four collumns and rolls. Two rooks are also much easier to fork than a single Queen which is normally impossible to fork unless you are playing against a mental retard. The versitality of a Queen usually trumps the overall strength of two rooks. Also, an opponent with a Queen vs. two Rooks assuming even set up on both sides would have an overall strategic advantage due to the Queen being more mobile, more easily withdrawn or pushed in, and less clustered than a Rook.

So, I'm still going to say that the Queen is invaluable as long as another Queen is present.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:31   Link #1058
seiji_kun

Quote:
The Chess board holds as much romantic significance as it doesn't. My details are not from some external source, I simply emerse myself when I watch something and make connection which I believe to be evident while I watch. Charles is not the King on the board because he is not playing against Lelouch. He has done nothing to oppose his son. Schneizel is the one fighting against Lelouch. Charles is simply watching.

The Knight of One is a Knight, Knights are incredibly powerful pieces holding a very unique ability. But he was never Charles' Queen when Charles' himself was a piece on the board some 21 some odd years ago. Marianne was his Queen. He had romantic relations with his queen. Simple. Charles won his match and is now observing the new players.
He hasn't done anything to oppose him, so wiping his memory is doing nothing? I won't say it's doing much but I won't say it's doing nothing. Just a question, do you got this on black and white that Schneizel is the king now and whose what piece or is just your interpretation?

Quote:
Since when is this a JRPG with levels?
Well if you laughed yourself, I'm happy for you cause laughter can even cure cancer. You know what I meant anyway.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 22:33   Link #1059
Var
Banned

Quote:
He hasn't done anything to oppose him, so wiping his memory is doing nothing? I won't say it's doing much but I won't say it's doing nothing. Just a question, do you got this on black and white that Schneizel is the king now and whose what piece or is just your interpretation?
Opposing him would have been actually killing him, that is how a chess match is played. Everything is interpretation.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:33   Link #1060
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Laughter doesn't cure cancer and don't spread lies like that.