AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-20, 22:42   Link #521
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yeah, caught up as well, and it's definitely an unexpected turn. Also Rosen is THAT guy? What?

As for Megu, well, do recall that this is a girl that seriously wants to die -- it's why she made a contract with Suigintou to begin with. If Kiraikishou promised her something similar, I can see her playing along.
Old 2013-08-25, 19:13   Link #522
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Oh hey, 3 manga chapters scanned and uploaded in a burst.

Oh unwound Jun, blushing at the childhood friend you never bothered keeping in touch with in your world? Think of Saitou!

So, is this a confirmation that the kid is Rozen? Or yet another "puppet" being used by Kirakishou?
Old 2013-08-25, 23:04   Link #523
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Myssa, the popular theory around Toriumi is that he's somewhat like Eriol from Card Captor Sakura, which means Jun might be equivalent to Fujitaka, if we continue the parallelism.
Old 2013-08-26, 11:14   Link #524
mitsuganae

Am I the only one who thinks that unwound Jun (adult) ogling Tomoe (minor) is a bit creepy?

Tomoe can certainly use quite a bit of fleshing out/development (a little of which happens in phase 22, to good effect) -- not being ogled!
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 21:26   Link #525
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Well, Not-Wound Jun was feeling weird about it. Not surprising, as as far as he was concerned, he hasn't seen Tomoe in YEARS.
Old 2013-08-27, 16:03   Link #526
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Well, Not-Wound Jun was feeling weird about it. Not surprising, as as far as he was concerned, he hasn't seen Tomoe in YEARS.
Exactly.

Beacuse Jun chose to not wind, this changed the path of the future. In other words, Jun and Tomoe did not get close as friends due to Jun's status. They grow apart from at that point. So yea, it would feel weird to see her again after all those years.
Ancient Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 16:23   Link #527
mitsuganae

Well, that settles it. I *am* indeed the only one who finds adults who ogle minors creepy. Figures.
Old 2013-09-09, 15:47   Link #528
B2-Lancer

Was Rozen Maiden Inspired By "Small Soldiers"?

Greetings!

Yes, it sounds like an off the top topic question, but there are shadow similarities with Rozen Maidens and the scifi flick "Small Soliders" that bears some speculation. It doesn't mean RM's a direct rip at all, still I can't help thinking that this much earlier film hadn't at least seeded the power doll concept in the Rozen author's head that made a bold breakthru in dolls having pop male following.

You have a group of dolls battling between themselves with powerful magic or technology out of all proportion to their size; grabbing another's batteries or "life force" to continue on, one side with hopes of reaching an idyllic place before being destroyed; having assorted lovable, ruthless, tender, quirky and reluctant personalities beneath their programmed urge to fight; ball-joints mentions and toilet jokes; doll self-sacrifice and broken dolls; complex side human character intrigues, and, not to be underestimated, in the late nineties to early 2000's, "Solider" character Tommy Lee Jones was a very popular American Actor in Japan; he even pops up next to Konata in "Lucky Star"! (I also sense there're sly homages to Small Soldiers planted around RM which requires a re-check of the uncut movie.) There might have been living dolls in anime long before this, but I doubt they accomplished the same popularity as Rozen Maiden has, sharing the same psyche and adventure elements with Small Soldiers.

Again this notion isn't meant to provoke, just speculate, but one sci-fi fantasy of mine is seeing a kind of live-action "Small Soliders" version of Rozen Maidens without the magic but keeping the same doll personalities in place. The awe of that to me is one day technology really will be advanced enough for you to have a "real live"" Suiseiseki in your room! Next best thing to her magically turning into a real babe!
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 22:59   Link #529
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Kind of doubtful, especially given the context involved in both series. And yes, that was very off-topic, and could be seen as trying to provoke a response. Next!
Old 2013-09-10, 07:56   Link #530
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Kind of doubtful, especially given the context involved in both series. And yes, that was very off-topic, and could be seen as trying to provoke a response. Next!
If it's in relation to or an idea regarding the series how's it "very off" topic? Suppose to have unfettered open minds and views on forums as these, be they series jokes or witticisms or speculations, aren't we? Different POVs is what makes progressive thought and forums click.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 21:31   Link #531
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Discussion is fine, but this thread is about the Rozen Maiden manga, specifically Tales, as it's been a LONG time since translations for it appeared again. Comparing it to another show, nevermind a movie, is for general series discussion, meaning not here.

Now if you're going to talk about the recent developments (aka, Rozen, the revelation of who he MIGHT be at present, and Kirakishou's new body under construction), well...
Old 2013-10-08, 05:51   Link #532
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Oh hey, that was quick. Two chapter updates. Aren't we close to catching up?

And oh wow, Shinku was forced to leave behind Suiseiseki... And she's hurting as a result. That said, she finally gives insight into "her" way of playing the Alice Game, and it's an interesting look at how she sees her relationships with all the masters she's had up to this point. It's an interesting counterpoint to Kanaria, who while she loves her master still also considers the Alice Game deathmatch a higher priority.

And now Wound!Jun is free. Thing is, what will he, Tomoe, and Unwound!Jun do now? And what the heck is the significance of Jun's changed ring?
Old 2013-10-17, 10:13   Link #533
mitsuganae

On chapter 93.5 (Tale 49.5?): so painfully pointless, IMNSHO.
Old 2013-11-24, 22:11   Link #534
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

I'm putting this link here since it's related to the manga series.
Brace yourselves.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-in-3-chapters
(2 chapters left now)
Ancient Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 02:51   Link #535
Uberchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Death View Post
I'm putting this link here since it's related to the manga series.
Brace yourselves.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-in-3-chapters
(2 chapters left now)
The ending is going to be terrible, that's for sure. 2 chapters to wrap everything up? Bullshit, I blame the producers for axing manga just because it's not as profitable anymore.
Uberchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 19:12   Link #536
sky black swordman

^ I agree. The ending is not going to be pretty.
I need to prepare for the worst.
Old 2013-11-26, 08:05   Link #537
mitsuganae

I was under the impression that the scanslations in circulation haven't caught up yet. Wikipedia says that vol. 9 (which includes the latest scanslation, Tale 53/Chapter 97) was published this past July, so there's probably enough room for a proper ending, hopefully.
Old 2014-01-21, 19:38   Link #538
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Welll damn. It looks like Megu is willingly giving her body to Kiraishishou to become her body, just to spite Suigintou. That's twisted, right there.
Old 2014-04-26, 09:21   Link #539
silvercover
Romance Expert

well, you really get to feel their pain now with the backstory. plus its really quite bittersweet seeing how they were really close back then compared to how they were at the start of the series.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 05:49   Link #540
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Late to the party.

Spoiler for Final Chapters:
There's enough material now for a new anime season... assuming there'll be one.

Tags
fantasy, seinen