Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

definitely needs more cowbell.
Old 2010-05-26, 14:28   Link #23
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Father-son drama, just the thing we need
In so much as we have never had any in the series before, yes some father-son drama could be a little interesting...
Old 2010-05-26, 15:26   Link #24
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
aizen sure does love getting his ass kicked. how many times is he going to let them do move after move after move?

i get tite doesnt want to make any of the 3 look weak, but it gets to a point you cant hold aizen back anymore, he has to actually move and kill someone.
Old 2010-05-26, 16:35   Link #25
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
white gt = using shinigami reitsu
black gt = using hollow reitsu

it wouldn't be a contradiction. the movie actually allowed for the possibility of two shinigami having the same zanpakuto. it was just soul society's silly rules that don't allow it. i don't remember their explanation for the rule, if there was one, but lol fight to the death.
Just No, all Bleach movies are non-canonic wich means not folows the real(manga) story, read the manga again, Zampakutou=Shinigami Soul itself, if a Shinigamis die the zampakutou vanishes along with him because Zampakutou is part of SHINIGAMI ITSELF.
Old 2010-05-26, 16:39   Link #26
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

kubo did have some involvement in the films - especially the diamond dust rebellion.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-05-26, 17:15   Link #27
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh00 View Post
Just No, all Bleach movies are non-canonic wich means not folows the real(manga) story, read the manga again, Zampakutou=Shinigami Soul itself, if a Shinigamis die the zampakutou vanishes along with him because Zampakutou is part of SHINIGAMI ITSELF.
note that i never actually commented on that part of the issue.
all i was talking about was how such a development wouldn't contradict the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
kubo did have some involvement in the films - especially the diamond dust rebellion.
yup, he even wrote hitsugaya's flashback chapter to go with it. he even wanted to include some of the movie characters in his manga chapter but the movie team didn't want him to.
Old 2010-05-26, 17:17   Link #28
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Me thinks GT is 69Ruma Wording . Its just an Energy Wave shot from Zanpakuto . If you remember during the Urahara Training arc Ichigo first shot GT and Urahara shot something similar .

It didn't look like a standard Benihime attack . This is shown/happens during a flashback in Chapter 97 Vs Renji

So I am not surprised Isshin can shoot something similar .

Old 2010-05-26, 17:24   Link #29
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Isshin's looks pretty powerful , wonder how much more power he'll have with bankai
Old 2010-05-26, 18:26   Link #30
Gin
*Artist

So does anyone else think that Gin and Starrk would have been best friends? They're using all the same lines, and all the same attacks. (Gin's new Bankai techniques was pretty much the same idea that Starrk had when he fired 1000 ceros at once) And I always thought that Starrk's guns would have been really cool for Gin's Bankai.

I wonder why they didn't get along? (Gin said that Luppi was his only buddy)
Old 2010-05-26, 18:55   Link #31
Langus
Optimus Prime

Damn Kubo for dragging out this reunion scene.
Old 2010-05-26, 19:02   Link #32
Nakitaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Me thinks GT is 69Ruma Wording . Its just an Energy Wave shot from Zanpakuto . If you remember during the Urahara Training arc Ichigo first shot GT and Urahara shot something similar .

It didn't look like a standard Benihime attack . This is shown/happens during a flashback in Chapter 97 Vs Renji

So I am not surprised Isshin can shoot something similar .

That would make sense, considering that we've seen quite a few characters use a similar blast of engery- however, it's important to know that he is calling it "Getsuga Tenshou" and therefor it's probably not some completely unrelated blast of energy.
Old 2010-05-26, 21:26   Link #33
Zeluch
anata to tomo ni

Send a message via AIM to Zeluch
If I'm understanding you correctly, then it's not the mistranslation of someone. The second picture clearly shows the word "Tenshou" being said by Isshin. I'm sure I'm not the only Japanese speaker/reader here that could clarify it.
Old 2010-05-26, 21:29   Link #34
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Or could it be that it's another Tenshou unless the spoilers are confirmed.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-26, 21:44   Link #35
Hav0kkx

It would probably please me more if Isshin and Ichigo had identical abilities, not the same ones.

But let's explore the possibility of them being the exact same. That would have to mean they're both wielding zangetsu, since Ichigo was implying Gestuga Tenshou was his shikai ability when he was saying "The only one who could teach me about zangestu... was zangestu himself." He learned the name of that move only after training with zangestu, which would certainly suggest it's zangestu's skill. His hollow also states he draws power from Zangestu via tenshou, which allowed hollow ichigo to manifest through that fact.

And two zanpaktou's existing is implied by Ikkaku, when he was saying people who wield his particular zanpaktou wake it up abruptly, making it hard not to get cut by it. Therefore, he must have met someone or heard of someone who had the same zanpaktou as he.

But I'm really hoping they're not the same zanpaktou. It would be boring since we know what his bankai is gonna turn out to be. Maybe Isshin knows more abilities with the zanpaktou than ichigo, idk. I just hope it's not the same
Old 2010-05-26, 21:52   Link #36
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav0kkx View Post
And two zanpaktou's existing is implied by Ikkaku, when he was saying people who wield his particular zanpaktou wake it up abruptly, making it hard not to get cut by it. Therefore, he must have met someone or heard of someone who had the same zanpaktou as he.
when was this?
i only remember him saying it takes time (and cutting/being cut) to wake his zanpakuto up.
Old 2010-05-27, 00:43   Link #37
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

just read it - wonder what gin was talking about when he said "run". what's his real plan?

ichigo should rename his getsuga as "orenji getsuga tenshou!!1" to avoid confusion. especially if the ability is linked to the colour of your hair (hence hollow ichigo's white getsuga)

well, it's a valid excuse

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-05-27, 00:51   Link #38
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav0kkx View Post
It would probably please me more if Isshin and Ichigo had identical abilities, not the same ones.

But let's explore the possibility of them being the exact same. That would have to mean they're both wielding zangetsu, since Ichigo was implying Gestuga Tenshou was his shikai ability when he was saying "The only one who could teach me about zangestu... was zangestu himself." He learned the name of that move only after training with zangestu, which would certainly suggest it's zangestu's skill. His hollow also states he draws power from Zangestu via tenshou, which allowed hollow ichigo to manifest through that fact.

But I'm really hoping they're not the same zanpaktou. It would be boring since we know what his bankai is gonna turn out to be. Maybe Isshin knows more abilities with the zanpaktou than ichigo, idk. I just hope it's not the same
show me where that is said
Old 2010-05-27, 01:05   Link #39
(QQ)wertyasdf
'

Props to Kubo who's probably just made a brandspankin new color getsuga dicksho! Up next will be a collection of getsuga dickshos that will rival teh rainbow spectrum ceros.

Kubo please don't hollowify Gin into a condom just because you don't wanna draw him properly anymore.
Old 2010-05-27, 01:28   Link #40
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
just read it - wonder what gin was talking about when he said "run". what's his real plan?
maybe setup for gin to switch sides?
nah, he is probably just screwing with ichigo some more. make him dance while gin gets in some target practice.

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread