AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-01, 09:29   Link #2381
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
Ohh, that one. That is a rather nice one. I think I harassed Seitsuki about that one before (pointing it out, not asking him to translate it).

Also, Libros: I haven't looked at volume 8 at all, so I can't tell you this for sure, but in the web arcs, the 10 chapters had a component in the present and a component where Miyuki reminisces, so the 19 chapters may be a divider into past and present, since it wasn't done this way in the web arc. There's also probably quite a bit more added, since the volume is pretty large compared to what it was before.
I see, thanks. Btw, do the Kuroba siblings appear or get mentioned in volumes 6 to 8? or is that going to happen after the past/vampire arc? (I mean appear in present day, story-wise, they seem nice enough, especially compared to the rest of the Yotsuba clan)
Old 2013-02-01, 10:42   Link #2382
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Why does volume 8 have 18 chapters?
Old 2013-02-01, 10:43   Link #2383
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyclaws View Post
adrenaline is also a branch of stamina. That energy needs to come from somewhere.

I can see where chimurry is coming from. While the term "feel tire" does exist in real life, it would not explain forceful depletions of stamina through controlled situations. No matter how physically fit someone is with 100% stamina, that stamina will definitely go down if an external force is applied. (eg. falling on your back from a high height, or getting knifed in the gut)

Remember tats got hit point blank by ichijous rupture? A dissipation magic that instantaneously creates explosions through chemical reactions. Tats literally tanked releases of energy with the velocity of around 2000-8000 m/s and continued his way as if nothing happened. Adrenaline is not going to save you from that one for sure.

I definitely agree that magicians need psions to restore their "magicial" levels. Stamina is something that everyone has and can be replenished naturally through the course of time.
adrenaline and stamina are 2 different things. stamina is the body's natural strength to keep going. Adrenaline is something that is more made as a side effect. As you run around adrenaline will eventually take over and that's what keeps some people going even when they run out of stamina.
Old 2013-02-01, 13:22   Link #2384
Tru3Ph03niX

Stamina in Mahoukaverse can probably be split in 3
Physical, Mental & Magical

I agree that Tats can probably heal the Physical side However this would involve him manifesting his Restoration on purpose, thus wearing down his Magical Stamina, however remember he has very high Magical Stamina.

I think it would most tax him mentally though as he would have to read the information for his body compacting all exhaustion felt into 0.2 seconds which would be taxing on the mind.
The thing with this is he has no emotions so it would be easier to hide this fact.

I dunno how Adrenaline came into this but all that does is temporarily boost performance with serious side effects if overused

Stamina is a bodys limits, Adreenaline is something body provides to exceed this for a short time.
Old 2013-02-01, 15:49   Link #2385
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
I see, thanks. Btw, do the Kuroba siblings appear or get mentioned in volumes 6 to 8? or is that going to happen after the past/vampire arc? (I mean appear in present day, story-wise, they seem nice enough, especially compared to the rest of the Yotsuba clan)
Spoiler for Kuroba:
Old 2013-02-01, 15:55   Link #2386
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
Spoiler for Kuroba:
Arc 5 is vampires, correct? what's arc 6?
Old 2013-02-01, 16:43   Link #2387
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Arc 5 is vampires, correct? what's arc 6?
Arc5&6 is vampire arc.
Old 2013-02-02, 02:40   Link #2388
alviam099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Retired General and 9th Clan Head explained very well in the opening of the 9 Schools Competitions: its not the enemy strength, its the use you give to the factors, Juumongi Phalanx is high rank magic, however if battle against Tats, depends of the conditions, a battle for life death, Tats win easy, but if not, will a can apply better strategy and tactics plus stamina and energy, Tats say in the end of competitions, if they fight under these circumstances will be long battle and no fools allowed, any mistake could define the winner.
That's exactly my point, though his opportunities to use his magic are only very limited he has at least mastery on it, even it's already given that he could beat "Night" there's still chance that he'd get beaten though that depends on how he uses it, though we can say that it's not given because it's not happening yet, we could presume that Decomposition's chance against Phalanx is just as high as Night beating Decomposition though as I say it depends on how he uses it, and we all know that he uses the best way of anything.

The best way to put it is:
Night= Paper Phalanx=Rock Decomposition= Scissors.

I'm just kidding here, ain't Tatsuya's goal just to do the impossible things?

First the Flying type magic, now he's researching the Pilosopher stone (not sure about the spelling) and his ultimate dream is that Something-Thermonuclear generator

Old 2013-02-02, 18:02   Link #2389
Dreyakis

By the way, Seitsuki, are you going to be working on that scene? I'm approaching the make or break moment right now, so I'm going to advance into the scene unless you say otherwise.

Click here to see the current progression for the last chapter on Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei!
Old 2013-02-02, 18:21   Link #2390
Chimurry

Looks like Mayumi goes to Fiore Guilds Tournament (Fairy Tail), I think I saw her before but in episode 167, 15:53 you could say is her, btw: I would like LN anime adaptation but prefer Sunrise or Abec on Accel World animation style, I think those Studios is the ones whom made good work adapting, Nara Studio (Naruto and Fairy Tail)too with Manga but not sure with LN.
Old 2013-02-02, 19:23   Link #2391
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyakis View Post
By the way, Seitsuki, are you going to be working on that scene? I'm approaching the make or break moment right now, so I'm going to advance into the scene unless you say otherwise.
Give him a moment. He might be hunched over.
Old 2013-02-02, 20:03   Link #2392
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Looks like Mayumi goes to Fiore Guilds Tournament (Fairy Tail), I think I saw her before but in episode 167, 15:53 you could say is her, btw: I would like LN anime adaptation but prefer Sunrise or Abec on Accel World animation style, I think those Studios is the ones whom made good work adapting, Nara Studio (Naruto and Fairy Tail)too with Manga but not sure with LN.
you mean this one ?

Old 2013-02-02, 20:03   Link #2393
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
you mean this one ?

Not nearly as good looking as Mayumi.
Old 2013-02-02, 20:10   Link #2394
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyakis View Post
What scene? You mean this scene that I've already finished?

Tell me where to send it~
Old 2013-02-02, 20:23   Link #2395
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Not nearly as good looking as Mayumi.
Well, the character design its close enough for me, take in account the animation and draws styles, that's why I think Mahouka could be better in the one used for Accel, isn't the same for Fairy Tail or Naruto, the first is better, but don make "justice" to the females design, maybe someone of graphics design could explain better or people from manga scans...

Off course I worry for script adaptation, but the design is important.
Old 2013-02-02, 22:43   Link #2396
pampz21
ShipCore

i cant wait for that scene.........ch 7!!!!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-02-03, 01:37   Link #2397
Dreyakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
What scene? You mean this scene that I've already finished?

Tell me where to send it~
Seitsuki, you are a worthy Champion of the Empress. All hail~

Send it in a file to my B-T forum account. I'll credit you on the main page.

Click here to see the current progression for the last chapter on Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei!
Old 2013-02-03, 01:50   Link #2398
Rava

Seitsuki's Miyuki-fervor is just indescribable.
Old 2013-02-03, 04:38   Link #2399
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Seitsuki's Miyuki-fervor is just indescribable.
but understable;is there even one imouto who can compare to her?
but tastsuya,to fulfill all of his ambition and dominate the 10 clans need to to become and harem king,beginning by miyuki,of course,but also honoka,shizuku(fiflthy rich+gifted mage),Lina-miyuki herself predicted this-mayumi and ideally her twin little sister-just to be sure to secure the saegusa power for his fight against the yotsuba;and there's of course minami:no harem would be complete withouth a maid so his worthless family are to be thanked for that,at less.

Last edited by azziz; 2013-02-03 at 05:13.
Old 2013-02-03, 12:15   Link #2400
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
but understable;is there even one imouto who can compare to her?
but tastsuya,to fulfill all of his ambition and dominate the 10 clans need to to become and harem king,beginning by miyuki,of course,but also honoka,shizuku(fiflthy rich+gifted mage),Lina-miyuki herself predicted this-mayumi and ideally her twin little sister-just to be sure to secure the saegusa power for his fight against the yotsuba;and there's of course minami:no harem would be complete withouth a maid so his worthless family are to be thanked for that,at less.
I don't think Tatsuya's trying for a harem.

ERIKA on the other hand...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings