AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2017-03-13, 01:57   Link #16721
DragonXX

Spoiler for spoiler:

So far the God of Life and Death have bet the ulimate pieces of trash just by showing how many lifes he destory who didn't even do everything which Life and Death. I am hoping this series will end which why the God of Life and Death did what it did. Also at this point I think Acnologia is most likey also curse by The God of Life and Death too and I am guessing his curse is something that make him have to Kill All Life and would explain why he was said to of started killing Dragon for like fun.

It funny how so far in this series there have only bet things making The God of Life and Death the ulimate Evil and should be rename to the God of Death or The God of Complete Douchebag because it have done nothing to show it Life title only how to make living thing suffer sometime for dumb reason like Marvis using Law to save someone life before they were even dead. Zeref was more understandable because he was bring the die back to life but Marvis was just saving someone life before he die.

At less at this point I can understand why there God Slayers because of how must of a Complete Douchebag The God of Life and Death have bet show to be so far, I can see some of the other Gods wanting to kill him off. Where is Kratos when you need him there a God he need to kill off.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 05:40   Link #16722
Ultragunner

Anyone think Mashima might have screwed up the history of Zeref x Mavis?

I think the Mavis' "death" was portrayed way to abrupt, it should have been something like:
1. Zeref and Mavis went on adventures together
2. They got closer and more intimate until "that moment".....I'm speaking about Mavis giving birth u pervs
3. She died and that pushed Zeref over the edge
Old 2017-03-13, 06:07   Link #16723
Sixth
Hu Tao

Mashima's trolling is just insane but in a good way. Didn't see that coming.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 07:47   Link #16724
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I will shit-talk the series whenever it does something stupid. But I'll also give it props for whenver it does something commendable. Good job with the August reveal Mashima. Best plot twist in years as far as I'm concerned. Not sure what the implications are for Rakheid though; he'll just continue to be shat upon.
Old 2017-03-13, 08:08   Link #16725
ChuckE
Provoker

Well Mashima can into plot. (that Sieghart scene in Rave Master) and he can create some cool character line-up.

Except he then start bullshitting, nakamizing, taking out his Deus Ex Mashima etc. etc.
Old 2017-03-13, 10:21   Link #16726
immblueversion

Reading back to all of August and Larcade's talk of Zeref's son, it's simply incredible how obvious the hints were. And I'm not talking about how young Larcade is, or that now not-so-figurative "As a child of the Emperor, I shall smite you!" spiel.

First, look at that dirty look August gave Larcade when the Spriggan 12 regrouped. Even though August cares for the well-being of the others, even if it's so they can continue being of service, this is the first we've seen of any bad blood coming from him. Perhaps he's just a tad miffed that Zeref, for all his callousness, considered Larcade more of a son than him by giving him the Dragneel name?

Second, August said that because he was never loved, his mind reached a state devoid of anything. Well, Larcade's mind was far from void, since he was cosumed by two things: getting the admiration of his "father", and killing his "uncle". August? He's a shell of a man who's willing to be a pawn of any higher power, including his own father.

And third, Sting noticed that Larcade smelled exactly the same as Natsu, and pointed that shouldn't even be possible between relatives whether they're father-and-son, uncle-and-nephew, or siblings. I don't know if Larcade knew the truth, but there was some truth when he said Natsu was as much Zeref's son as his brother; having Larcade being an Etherious like Natsu, and a prototype specifically for Natsu at that, it's no wonder they have such similarities compared to the demons Sting already faced.

The only issue is the reason for August's name, because if that "special time" Zeref spent with Mavis was meant to be their first meeting, it could not have been anywhere near August. The ending timeline of FT Zero and Chapter 449 established Fairy Tail's founding as April X686, and Chapter 2 of Zero said Mavis' journey began 95 days before that in the same year. That would firmly place her and Zeref's encounter between January and April.

If it was their second meeting, that's not likely if we assume it took place right before Makarov's birth, which was dated by the timeline as March X696. And I doubt there was anything significant Zeref took from that moment.

The only "special" moment would have to be the third encounter. Even though it was said to be "about a year" since their last meeting, it's also the only one without a specific date (overshooting by five months), and it was probably the single most significant moment in Zeref's life: the time he fell in love with, and killed, the one person who truly cared for him. That would be enough reason for August to be so messed up; why name someone he did not, could not love after a happy moment?

Either that's the case, or some retconning needs to be done. Still, A- on August's backstory. Now let's see how and if August will rebound from this. Looking at the whites of his eyes, the odds of him getting a quick second wind aren't looking good. But Igneel had Acnologia pinned down for a bit, and see how well that ended up for him. And there's always the chance Mashima will follow up on what August said about the Emperor's son: the only one who can defeat him may be his mother.

I'll cap this lengthy post off with this: that brilliant bastard Mashima set the bar so low for our expectations, we didn't even see it coming. Thank you, Mashima, for giving us your best troll in years, and in a very good way.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 11:45   Link #16727
Blueknight78

wow basically lucy > Augusts, according to gildarts words she could had soloed him just using her spirits and start dress, because he could be totally defenseless against her magic lol, just kidding but not too much since she could really have a chance against him, because fairy tail have that rock x scissor x paper logic where some magics can wins against others don't matter the power level just some magics are effective against others or others almost don't have any effect againt others specific magics.

augusts past was really the best on this chapter really mashima know how to surprise and pull really something really smarts sometimes.

this was really a brilliant chapter and mashima show which he know how to pull good tricks.
Old 2017-03-13, 12:35   Link #16728
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
wow basically lucy > Augusts, according to gildarts words she could had soloed him just using her spirits and start dress, because he could be totally defenseless against her magic lol, just kidding but not too much since she could really have a chance against him, because fairy tail have that rock x scissor x paper logic where some magics can wins against others don't matter the power level just some magics are effective against others or others almost don't have any effect againt others specific magics.
Generally speaking August should be able to deal with almost everybody using magic spells.
Old 2017-03-13, 16:00   Link #16729
Clipens

Actually Mashima divided Fairy Tail in three parts:

Fairy Tail Zero: The birth of the guild

Fairy Tail (Seven) : The research of the dragons ended with the disbandment of the guild

Fairy Tail (Eight): The "last" arc.
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 22:03   Link #16730
Five Foot Assassin

August has the shittiest luck tho. His an old man whose father is an emo teenager, his mother is a loli and his uncle is Natsu.

They could pass as Fairy Tails Addams family.
Five Foot Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 22:25   Link #16731
Chosen_Hero

MY GOD, an actually good chapter with no bullshit going on, was the mangaka sick or something while making this chapter?
Old 2017-03-14, 02:38   Link #16732
Kafriel
Senior Guest

PLOT TWIIIIST! While it makes a lot of sense fro August to go sharingan on everyone and cancel their magic, couldn't he just opt for a counter instead? Still, I'm happy he doesn't rely on brute force like almost everyone else.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 21:42   Link #16733
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ahahaha at least their son is not dead yet... well.. almost...

great plot twist
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 18:21   Link #16734
Ultragunner

for some reasons, chapter 527 just came out and oh boy.....I don't even know what to say

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2017-03-16 at 18:42.
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 18:46   Link #16735
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
for some reasons, chapter 527 just came out and oh boy.....I don't even know what to say
Prepare the bunker, the mashimashers are coming in hot.
Old 2017-03-16, 20:34   Link #16736
B214

Now we're left with Zeref and Acnologia as the final villains. The title for next chapter, i really can't trust it anymore.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 01:35   Link #16737
ChuckE
Provoker

Well meh...Mashima was trying at least...Or not
Old 2017-03-17, 13:32   Link #16738
Casshern

It was a fair way to wrap things up imo. The two strongest spriggan couldn't be defeated in combat, validating the spriggan's reputation. They ended up dying because they couldn't bring themselves to kill their own family, reinforcing the theme of love. It ties up very nicely. August's ending was sad though. I wish there had been slightly more interaction with Mavis towards August's end, a word between them or something.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 13:35   Link #16739
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
It was a fair way to wrap things up imo. The two strongest spriggan couldn't be defeated in combat, validating the spriggan's reputation. They ended up dying because they couldn't bring themselves to kill their own family, reinforcing the theme of love. It ties up very nicely. August's ending was sad though. I wish there had been slightly more interaction with Mavis towards August's end, a word between them or something.
I couldn't disagree with you more. It's like what happened with Naruto Shippuden and Madara. You had villians so powerful that normal means couldn't kill them. To get around the problem it meant you had to come up with stupid ways of beating them. That's the biggest flaw of this genre. You get to a point where you have a ridiculous way of losing and Augusts might be the worst of all of them.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 14:13   Link #16740
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I couldn't disagree with you more. It's like what happened with Naruto Shippuden and Madara. You had villians so powerful that normal means couldn't kill them. To get around the problem it meant you had to come up with stupid ways of beating them. That's the biggest flaw of this genre. You get to a point where you have a ridiculous way of losing and Augusts might be the worst of all of them.
Even extraordinary mages like Gildarts and Jellal, and one of the most powerful offensive magics in existence, Fairy Glitter, couldn't defeat him. Rightfully so, since August is the son of two demigod-like beings. He lived up to his reputation.

Still, he had to pass away. That's how the story goes. He questions the meaning and value of love like a frigid creature that's never experienced it but in the end he's still subject to his underlying humanity. He can't kill his mother.

It's not like there was no way to kill Irene and August. Mashima could've just had Acnologia take out both of them. That would've been clean, simple, plausible, and it would have no meaning. Allowing themselves to die because they can't kill their family, their deaths were perfect.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen