Notices

Old 2013-04-11, 21:50   Link #261
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
Memorable quote from Maou-sama ..
Quote:
I plan to conquer Japan. Mcdonal has a system where a part-timer can become a full-time employee.
He'll be CEO one day. Just you wait. Also, I love that he defends the name of his company when it's said wrong.

This episode slayed me, slayed me so hard. Adding her to the mix just made everything about this series so much more hilarious. All of her reactions are gold, and her eventual realization that they're basically completely lame and normalized just got me in every way.

I about laughed myself to death when he locked the door on her too. "Hey! Did you just lock the door?!" And then got so upset and frustrated that she couldn't get in that she starts crying. Oh man, this show is so great.

Edit: Am I one of the few people who isn't a particular fan of Chiho? Granted she hasn't really played much of a role thus far, but I'm just not a big fan of her personality. Surprisingly I actually like Emi's character a lot, despite my normal apprehension for tsunderes.

Last edited by Traece; 2013-04-11 at 22:00.
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 21:51   Link #262
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Emi has turned into a 100yen hero. Chiho was cute again trying to find out about Emi and Ashiya. Agreed Ashiya makes the best wife. Wonder who was firing at them though. Liked her getting angry about being locked out and then crying. Lol Conquering the world through Mgdonalds.
Old 2013-04-11, 21:58   Link #263
SQA

You know... the Tokyo Police Department comes off really well in this series.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 22:12   Link #264
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
So true, but I guess fate gives the hero a better hand seeing how she's got a totally nice apartment compared to the Maou's run down shack
Ya, compare to the part time work in MacDonal that required to standup all the time, help desk is much more comfortable and better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
He'll be CEO one day. Just you wait.

This episode slayed me, slayed me so hard. Adding her to the mix just made everything about this series so much more hilarious. All of her reactions are gold, and her eventual realization that they're basically completely lame and normalized just got me in every way.

I about laughed myself to death when he locked the door on her too. "Hey! Did you just lock the door?!" And then got so upset and frustrated that she couldn't get in that she starts crying. Oh man, this show is so great.

Edit: Am I one of the few people who isn't a particular fan of Chiho? Granted she hasn't really played much of a role thus far, but I'm just not a big fan of her personality. Surprisingly I actually like Emi's character a lot, despite my normal apprehension for tsunderes.
Ya, such a motivation to work from ground up and put the fries over the magic. A person who doesn't hesitate to use the magic power on fries to serve the customer deserve more than a crew. Ente Isla will be having MacDonal in the future.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God

Last edited by Tougarashi; 2013-04-11 at 22:27.
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 22:26   Link #265
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.2

flashback show after satan-maou & his sidekick left to portal hero emi decide to chase them so lead to now emi attack satan with mini knife?

which got two meet cops with assume they are bf & gf so after HMM emi-mood face let satan go & next day emi work as a customer call center agent person with fine living of sorts.

so emi go satan's place give she chased them also low on magic as well give she was to had back-up but arrive alone so satan blah how i take over japan with mc-ronald fast food.

emi go sneak watch satan from eggs buys, bath time, etc to satan's work job after day work with chi mention earthquake with satan meet with emi.

how if want to return esta isla give satan plan to return then out of nowhere magic sniper shoots appear target both satan & emi so after escape it.

now emi stay night at satan's place give then a text satan got more earthquake will come.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 22:45   Link #266
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
So true, but I guess fate gives the hero a better hand seeing how she's got a totally nice apartment compared to the Maou's run down shack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
Ya, compare to the part time work in MacDonal that required to standup all the time, help desk is much more comfortable and better.
I think a fast food worker and a call center agent have similiar amount of decent pay, however 100yen hero only has herself to support and she was likely a full time employer (Maou just got promoted to full time employer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Agreed Ashiya makes the best wife. Wonder who was firing at them though. Liked her getting angry about being locked out and then crying. Lol Conquering the world through Mgdonalds.
Maybe Maou and Ashiya aren't the only demons transferred into human world, could be another Maou's general who find a way to create a gate to human world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
You know... the Tokyo Police Department comes off really well in this series.
Yeah, the US police department would have tased 100yen hero if they saw her holding a knife.
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 22:54   Link #267
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

10 bucks says Chiho is some demon/succubus/underling firing magical bullets at them out of jealousy.

Looks to be the comedy of the season, so far.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 22:55   Link #268
Darthtabby

I enjoyed the second episode very much, but I have to wonder how Emilia managed to integrate into Japanese society so effectively. Maou had to hypnotize a guy into explaining what he needed to know. How on earth did she manage, especially if she didn't know the language? (Speaking of which how did Maou understand what the guy he hypnotized was saying?)
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 23:06   Link #269
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I enjoyed the second episode very much, but I have to wonder how Emilia managed to integrate into Japanese society so effectively. Maou had to hypnotize a guy into explaining what he needed to know. How on earth did she manage, especially if she didn't know the language? (Speaking of which how did Maou understand what the guy he hypnotized was saying?)
It's actually more surprising that Maou and his subordinate integrated so well. Generally in the case of a Hero you would expect they come from a less powerful background, a simple folk turned battle-hardened warrior. It kind of makes sense for Emilia to be better at being a normal person.

Maou and his generals are powerful, have servants, and are all wealthy and noble (presumably, anyhow). I kind of wish that there was some "in the daily life of The Demon Lord" backflash segment to show what he was really like before he came to Earth. Hopefully this happens.
Old 2013-04-11, 23:08   Link #270
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Saw the original novel artwork for the first time in the ED, but dang, everything is so loli. Especially the female heads. But not the female bodies as much.
And because of that, I can't tell if I should find the artwork cute or strange...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 23:37   Link #271
XFire
150% done

After re-watching the episode a couple times (I'm already in love with this show) I'm starting to like Emi. She spends half the episode looking like a psychotic killer, and half looking like an abandoned puppy.
Old 2013-04-11, 23:59   Link #272
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

maou's seiyuu is pretty good. I see a bright future for him
Old 2013-04-12, 00:53   Link #273
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
After re-watching the episode a couple times (I'm already in love with this show) I'm starting to like Emi. She spends half the episode looking like a psychotic killer, and half looking like an abandoned puppy.
Pretty much. I find her to be very hard not to like. Her character works very well in this position! On the note of seiyuus, his voice actor is indeed excellent. In fact, the voice work for this show in general is pretty good, and just about everything audio-wise is just great. Especially that background music.

So, going back to the first episode, am I the only one who can't help but think that Shiba Miki looks like a character from a Ghibli work? It's been so long since I've seen one that I just can't remember who exactly it was, but I know there was some character that she looks just like!

In fact, I'm guessing there are a lot of subtle references in here that I've not really caught on to for one reason or another.
Old 2013-04-12, 01:28   Link #274
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Really good follow-up to the awesome first episode. I especially killed myself laughing when Emi was being ignored whilst Ashiya and Maou were talking. She was basically spouting empty threats before breaking down just before they let her in.

Her character is really adorable because she looks tough and all but that façade breaks when she realises she doesn't really have anyone to depend on. Half the time she's the prideful Hero who is still out to achieve her agenda of eliminating Maou, yet half the time she's like a cute thing you cannot leave alone.

I found it really amusing that they were mistaken for a couple, though at first glance it may very well have looked like a couple's tiff to any bystander. At the rate of their adjustment they should just give up on going back and live like normal humans on Earth.

Good mix of comedy with the serious bits in to remind us that the main characters are not the only ones who crossed worlds.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 01:33   Link #275
backbone
Banned

Is it really true that cucumber tastes melon when eaten with honey altogether? Why not just buy melon instead? I find this scene the most hilarious one

Edit : Just tried it at home and it tastes disgusting
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 02:30   Link #276
garbage

wow EP 2 of this unlike others this season that had a good start did not settle down but rather continued strongly and that's really good. Just as expected there is more to that war in ente isla and this is gearing up to be more than a simple comedy which is how I like my shows

Chi has some assets there >.<, but I like Emilia's reactions this episodes more, so full of win. Chi too seems more than meets the eye what with that earthquake premonition(?) and how only her room was greatly affected by the previous ones.

Anyway this is definitely one of my must watch this season. waiting for next week.
Old 2013-04-12, 03:05   Link #277
Bombo
TSF Fans

This series really hilarious and for episode 2 :
* The hero turn to be 100yen hero.
* Crying over the closing door (( breaking my heart )).
* Stalking Maou & Ashiya.

ALL HAIL EMILIA THE 100YEN & crying baby & Stalking Hero .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 03:10   Link #278
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Office Lady Hero...... Office Lady Hero.....
x20.

After skimming through the some illustrations and some of the manga, I had this notion that Emily's hair antenna could go wild depending on her emotional state..... but the anime is showing nothing of it, they are definitely wasting such a chance to build up character

Also, I love it how the general consensus in the thread is that the best part of the episode is when Emi had her emotional break down outside the apartment
Old 2013-04-12, 04:46   Link #279
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Wakakakaka, a hero is an office lady...
OMG, just 2nd episode and this show is already cracking up my inside...

And how come if Emi can work as Office Lady, Maou only work as part time worker?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 05:05   Link #280
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Is it really true that cucumber tastes melon when eaten with honey altogether? Why not just buy melon instead? I find this scene the most hilarious one

Edit : Just tried it at home and it tastes disgusting
lol thanks, i was planning to try that later.

One thing I find funny is how they speak in Japanese to each other so well and not in their own language.

Loved the episode. The show just became tied with Susei no Gargantia and Karneval as my favorite new animes of the season. This show is certainly the funniest. It's almost comparing the story to a royal prince who has lost everything and must fend as life as a peasant. The question Emi asks him is profound i think. About wanting to stay in the world with the life he has. A lot of us question if we're truly happy with our lives. We may be satisfied, but are we content or just settling?

And yes, Emi is great haha. Busty Chibi girl will take some getting used to, physically. She's funny too though.

I'm interested to see who shot at both of them. They seemed to brush it off rather easily though.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work