AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 56 26.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 39.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 19.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.43%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-20, 20:01   Link #241
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Well
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-20, 22:57   Link #242
Adigard

Noein is currently presenting the thesis on theory #1... but since this is a light novel... I'm going to guess the author hasn't answered the question.
Old 2006-04-21, 02:14   Link #243
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just want to thank people for their disciplined use of spoiler tags. I can read the thread without worrying too much about getting spoiled by novel-readers or even speculators.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-04-21, 02:20   Link #244
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Haha, well if there's anything to be said, this is the most spoiler tags I've ever seen in an episode discussion
I congradulate you on having the discipline in not clicking the spoilers
Old 2006-04-21, 05:27   Link #245
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Haha, well if there's anything to be said, this is the most spoiler tags I've ever seen in an episode discussion
I congradulate you on having the discipline in not clicking the spoilers
Damn! Wish I had that kind of discipline! ^^"
Old 2006-04-21, 06:19   Link #246
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muffin
Damn! Wish I had that kind of discipline! ^^"

don't worry, you not the only one tempted by spoilers.

*clicks another spoiler button*

those whores, open for everyone. dammit.
Old 2006-04-21, 09:38   Link #247
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I just want to thank people for their disciplined use of spoiler tags. I can read the thread without worrying too much about getting spoiled by novel-readers or even speculators.
Actually if you watch episode 1 and nitpick some pieces of it, the whole story is right there.
Old 2006-04-21, 10:02   Link #248
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Though is there any reason why Yuki spilled the beans in front of kyon?
Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2006-04-21, 11:13   Link #249
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
re: spoiler
Its highly likely someone is going to make a doujin of precisely that matter
Knowing Haruhi it'll probably be the opposite with her
Spoiler:

@Rooboy666

I guess so, after Kyon is pretty much the only person to actually have any conversation with Haruhi. Though I question his influence on her, if he has any.....
Old 2006-04-21, 11:38   Link #250
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
re: spoiler
Its highly likely someone is going to make a doujin of precisely that matter
I've only seen one Haruhi doujin so far, but it's pretty hardcore. Somebody posted it in the "H Images" section on http://www.sos-dan.com.
Old 2006-04-21, 11:38   Link #251
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
I guess so, after Kyon is pretty much the only person to actually have any conversation with Haruhi. Though I question his influence on her, if he has any.....
Well, a fingernail's worth of influence seems to be more than anyone else has with her.

When you're holding onto a ledge by a tuft of grass, you don't let go and say "Oh, it's just a bit of grass", you hold on for dear life.
Old 2006-04-21, 14:13   Link #252
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I rated this episode ages ago but still I haven't put up a comment. D'oh.

My rate has been a 9. Another magnificent episode of a so far magnificent series, but episode 2 had that bit more (I guess the surprise effect, combined with the - let me introduce a neologism - "Harruhicane" we got to know well there) that made it gain my 10.
The blackmailing scene was hilarious and amazing. I've watched it over and over, never getting tired of that. Not casually it inspired my avatar and signature. Haruhi's impudency is so out of the lines and so refreshing. She does the most crazy things without any mercy.
After that, the episode continued in a good way. Kyon is an *excellent* male lead, and also a great narrator. Listening to happenings from his point of view helps the viewer not to get lost, which otherwise may be easy in such a potentially wide world.
The bunny costume scene helped the fanservice (as Kyon, I just can't get enough of that ) but the episode slowed down there, and didn't go anywhere. Maybe it's the first time that an action of Haruhi doesn't lead to an immediate result/happening (put aside Mikuru - if I get ruined for marriage, will you take me? - personal tragedy. Poor thing ^^ ).
Also the final scene with Kyon and Yuki was a bit slow, and that's why I oriented myself for a 9. Even though the final revelation enhanced the suspence, indeed

Now I'm curious on how the story will proceed, if it will stay crazy, if it will actually become more serious, or.. who knows.
Will episode 4, "The boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya", make some cloud disappear? Looking forward to it.

9/10

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-04-21 at 14:32.
Old 2006-04-21, 15:12   Link #253
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
The blackmailing scene was hilarious and amazing. I've watched it over and over, never getting tired of that. Not casually it inspired my avatar and signature. Haruhi's impudency is so out of the lines and so refreshing. She does the most crazy things without any mercy.
This is a large part of the appeal of the show for me. Haruhi is all id and seemingly unstoppable. That's framed with Kyon's wry commentary and inability to control the situation and the ruthlessly exploited, perennially weeping Mikuru.

Frankly, the only character I felt genuinely bad for was Kyon. He promised to protect Mikuru and failed miserably. During the short meeting they had outside the classroom, I felt feelings of sympathetic guilt and embarrassment. It suggested to me that the pleasures of the series will come with a price.
Old 2006-04-21, 17:16   Link #254
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

See? Haruhiism is educational....
Old 2006-04-21, 18:40   Link #255
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
I hate you all. :P

All this talk about time paradoxes has me not only reading a large portion of the time related articles in wiki, but also some VERY distantly related articles like evolution through sexual selection and about theories how our moon got created. >_<
Yeah, Wikipedia articles are like Pringles. They aren't the highest quality you can get, but once you start eating em you can't stop.

Anyway, I love Haruhi because she is such an incredible antihero(although I have a hunch by the end of the series she will be an admirable heroine). In many series, there are heros who break the rules and go all out in order to achieve a greater good. Haruhi is the same way except her goals are less honorable. But what's even more adorable is the fact that she doesn't even seem to be aware that there are rules. Everything she does is carried out in a nonchalant manner as if it's completely normal. For example, after the bunny costume incident, she doesn't complain about getting in trouble or seem concerned about punishment at all, she is just pissed that they couldn't finish handing out the flyers.

I think Haruhi is an adorable character. It's been said before, but it feels like she redefines the Tsundere archetype. You look at someone like Tohsaka or Shana and it's a bitch who happens to get mushy on occassion(I love them both, I'm not dissing them). Haruhi on the other hand is this crazy antisocial girl most of the time, but then other times she's this crazy charismatic person who you can't help but cheer on.
Old 2006-04-21, 19:26   Link #256
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
It's been said before, but it feels like she redefines the Tsundere archetype...

Haruhi on the other hand is this crazy antisocial girl most of the time, but then other times she's this crazy charismatic person who you can't help but cheer on.
But... that's not Tsundere... ^_^;; You can't really redefine the Tsundere archetype for a character that only meets half the qualifications. Although I've only seen the first 3 eps, and the small portion of the novel that has been translated. It's possible she'll get all dere in Vol 8... but that seems awfully unlikely.

Someone said it best... Haruhi is tsun, tsun, tsun with a flamethrower of joy.
Old 2006-04-21, 20:03   Link #257
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
Frankly, the only character I felt genuinely bad for was Kyon. He promised to protect Mikuru and failed miserably.
Well...he DID enjoy seeing her in a bunny suit. Can't say I'm sorry for a character who enjoyed his moment of failure to protect someone.
Old 2006-04-21, 22:23   Link #258
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Of course that also means time travel would likely be completely banned even if it were possible.
Well i would too, if there were people like you wanting to go back.

Anyway........two more days for episode 04!!!

I can't wait! ARRRGGH! maybe i should do some course work? I know i got some (read: too many!) that I should of done.....dammn you haruhi....
Old 2006-04-21, 22:24   Link #259
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
What's the point of time travel if you don't get to screw up history? I like the idea of being able to go back in time, do something minor, like eat an apple, and completely change the world. It's much more interesting that way. Of course that also means time travel would likely be completely banned even if it were possible.
Of course, since when is banning ever going to stop anyone?

Instead of committing suicide, people who believe their life isn't worth living would just get back in time and hope to scramble a new life for themselves, because they don't see what they could possibly lose.
Old 2006-04-21, 22:34   Link #260
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Since when did banning not push people to do it the act that was banned?

Having time travel would be bad since irresponsible people would abuse it.
Closed Thread