AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-16, 03:15   Link #10981
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Then why rush it? I mean if they keep it like last season it would be okay. BUt this season it felt like Lelouch and Kallen was the main core characters
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 03:19   Link #10982
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
if she learns the truth in the hanger scene
then it all falls into place (she already know she loves him, now she just has to figure out that he is deserving of that love)
Old 2008-09-16, 03:24   Link #10983
lovecakecookies

At one point or another.. she must answer her own question.."who is the real Lulu? the kind older brother or the mask of Zero".. she has to realize its the kind person..even though he is not so kind right now..
Old 2008-09-16, 04:05   Link #10984
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Then why rush it? I mean if they keep it like last season it would be okay. BUt this season it felt like Lelouch and Kallen was the main core characters
That's why if Kallen doesn't learn the truth before the end of the show, I will consider R2 among the biggest pile of sh*t ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
At one point or another.. she must answer her own question.."who is the real Lulu? the kind older brother or the mask of Zero".. she has to realize its the kind person..even though he is not so kind right now..
Can't agree more.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 04:24   Link #10985
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
if she learns the truth in the hanger scene
then it all falls into place (she already know she loves him, now she just has to figure out that he is deserving of that love)
It will not be the case. I don't want to give myself some wrong hopes, and I think it's really like it seems, She cames to kill him but is going to be interrupted.

My bet is on CC, if she is still there, cause those two are close, and they need a last interactions. Moreover, CC cares about both Lelouch and Kallen, I'm sure that, in the end, she doesn't want to see Lelouch die, and she could be the one to reminds Kallen who he is, to convince her to save him. And if Kallen tells her gum line to CC, then I'll become a nun. Mark my words -_-)

If it's not CC, Suzaku will be the one and then...fight.

And Lelouch will fight Gino (Why ?Victory prize ? I let you guess why they are going to fight ? ) during Suzaku and Kallen's fight.
How unfair...Kallen needs to confront Lelouch and Gino Suzaku :/ ....

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 05:41   Link #10986
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
And if Kallen tells her gum line to CC, then I'll become a nun. Mark my words -_-)

If it's not CC, Suzaku will be the one and then...fight.

And Lelouch will fight Gino (Why ?Victory prize ? I let you guess why they are going to fight ? ) during Suzaku and Kallen's fight.
How unfair...Kallen needs to confront Lelouch and Gino Suzaku :/ ....

Done~
Not to mention that I'm already one, figuratively.

I've always thought that Kallen's gumline is ...scary, can't imagine how those big words (sigh, Aishiteru) may be used, therefore I'll just wait for the outcome~If it's not about her own character resolution I'll just pretend I never watched R2, lol.

BTW (OK, I'm already mad.Danke.),
Spoiler for FLAMES. Not in English. Bandwith wasting.:

Last edited by dec4rhapsody; 2008-09-16 at 06:06.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 05:49   Link #10987
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
That's why if Kallen doesn't learn the truth before the end of the show, I will consider R2 among the biggest pile of sh*t ever.
I wouldn't say it'd be that bad... but it'd be pretty sad if nothing comes out of all that implied romance.

dec4rhapsody: people can object to you all they want and besides, GxK belongs in the romance thread.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 06:06   Link #10988
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
I wouldn't say it'd be that bad... but it'd be pretty sad if nothing comes out of all that implied romance.

dec4rhapsody: people can object to you all they want and besides, GxK belongs in the romance thread.
Well, basically my respect for this season was made out of 2 things :
- Kalulu's devlopment
- Episodes 18 and 19

Nunnally surviving the FREIJA crushed the second one. If nothing comes out of the romance build-up they made for Kalulu, there won't be anything left for me to raise the show to my favorite ones.
But moreover, I would in that case consider the whole Kalulu development a season-long teasing device which could only have been created for fanservice, as the direction her character is taking right now would have been the exact same if she had not developed romantic feelings for Lelouch. And I have close to no respect for the anime which make such an abuse of fanservice.

But I understand that you don't share my view on this.

Last edited by Baixinho; 2008-09-16 at 06:35. Reason: removed the off topic part.
Old 2008-09-16, 06:12   Link #10989
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
- Kalulu's devlopment
- Episodes 18 and 19

Nunnally surviving the FREIJA crushed the second one. If nothing comes out of the romance build-up they made for Kalulu, there won't be anything left for me to raise the show to my favorite ones.
But moreover, I would in that case consider the whole Kalulu development a season-long teasing device which could only have been created for fanservice, as the direction her character is taking right now would have been the exact same if she had not developed romantic feelings for Lelouch. And I have close to no respect for the anime which make such an abuse of fanservice.

Sigh, we are all getting in that...circle:
There was something so that there must be something.
If it doesn't...well...
We watched the series, we bought merchandise, we contributed to the ratings.
And the staff is collecting money.
That's it.
Old 2008-09-16, 06:24   Link #10990
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
- Kalulu's devlopment
- Episodes 18 and 19

Well, it's still going to be a decent show, most people that don't care as much for Kallen's character and watch it for other reasons will still enjoy it. Maybe I'm just rationalizing and trying to soften the impact if Kallen's development gets ditched, since this is what got me to watch the show in the first place. The Nunally thing doesn't bother me as much, as they didn't overdo her death scene and the explanation why she survived was a decent one (= hinted in the show before her death).

P.S.: I'll just make sure my posts don't violate the rules and happily click the report button. I suggest you do the same
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 06:29   Link #10991
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Sigh, we are all getting in that...circle:
There was something so that there must be something.
If it doesn't...well...
We watched the series, we bought merchandise, we contributed to the ratings.
And the staff is collecting money.
That's it.
If it doesn't, well it will just mean that I will soon forget about this show, that's all. And the staff will not be collecting my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Well, it's still going to be a decent show, most people that don't care as much for Kallen's character and watch it for other reasons will still enjoy it. Maybe I'm just rationalizing and trying to soften the impact if Kallen's development gets ditched, since this is what got me to watch the show in the first place. The Nunally thing doesn't bother me as much, as they didn't overdo her death scene and the explanation why she survived was a decent one (= hinted in the show before her death).

P.S.: I'll just make sure my posts don't violate the rules and happily click the report button. I suggest you do the same
Well, we all have different reasons to like this show, I won't be arguing this. And I will concede that action-wise this show is at least decent.

PS : yeah I guess I'll do that too. There is no need to be provocative myself, thanks.
Old 2008-09-16, 07:55   Link #10992
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Lets keep it civil guys. We do not need a repeat of yesterday's romance thread. Back on topic however, what do you think the "essential role" Kallen will play can possibly refer to at this stage? I think it can only be a good thing...but its soooo very ambigous.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 07:56   Link #10993
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

MOD POST

People STOP with the offtopic nonsense, baiting posts now! This is the Kallen discussion thread so discuss Kallen and do NOT flame, bait, troll others who may disagree with your own personal views. Anymore of this could result in this thread being closed so for the sake of that, STOP!!

/end
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 08:18   Link #10994
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Lets keep it civil guys. We do not need a repeat of yesterday's romance thread. Back on topic however, what do you think the "essential role" Kallen will play can possibly refer to at this stage? I think it can only be a good thing...but its soooo very ambigous.
es·sen·tial –adjective
1. absolutely necessary; indispensable: Discipline is essential in an army.
2. pertaining to or constituting the essence of a thing.
3. noting or containing an essence of a plant, drug, etc.
4. being such by its very nature or in the highest sense; natural; spontaneous: essential happiness.

If we're to take the "essential" line at face value. She absolutely has to do something big. Or something that will either effect Lelouch's descions, his perspective on things, or contribute to his success or failure.

With her rushing forward and ignoring any battle strategies, once she gets to Lelouch there probably won't be any going back. But I don't think her dying until she and Lelouch can come to some kind of understanding. I don't see her still working for Schizel by the end of the next episode and we'll probably see Kallen hesitating when she has Lelouch in her sights.

Now granted she can be essential w/o any romantic undertones. I still think its a possibility and would be a bonus.
Old 2008-09-16, 09:15   Link #10995
yvj
U Mad?

It's either silence or trolls in here

Well here's some more FTW over analyzing. Let's take a trip back down memory lane and rehash old topics.

We've seen Lelouch depressed or anguished a number of times. Yet he's never asked any of the other lovely ladies around him to give him some "comfort." Hell correct me if I am wrong but he's almost never initiated any attempt at physical contact with any of the other gals.

Yeah he wasn't exactly in his right state of my mind. But that doesn't mean his brain was scrambled.

Add the physical attraction + the tongue action with the recent kiss and you've got some real serious straws to grasp.
Old 2008-09-16, 09:24   Link #10996
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Lol, this can be interpreted both negatively and positively imo.

Just for the lulz~
1. He probably did viewed her as a tool sometimes (nice slap, Kallen-tan).
2. Hormones going wild (remember he often teased her in a slightly offensive way).
3. His brain was scrambled indeed.
4. Kallen's offer was rather...dangerously open to evil thoughts.

AND about the mouth on mouth+suspicious tongue incident (おのれ......ルルーシュ、私のカレン になにをする)

1. Bad actor indeed.
2. Brain scrambled again (Well done, Kallen-tan!).
3. Who can resist Kallen-tan?
4. Wonder what he did to Shirley...
5. He must be very experienced.......name me sth cheaper in CG than human's lives and Lelouch's kisseys.

Last edited by dec4rhapsody; 2008-09-16 at 09:37.
Old 2008-09-16, 09:42   Link #10997
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
es·sen·tial –adjective
1. absolutely necessary; indispensable: Discipline is essential in an army.
2. pertaining to or constituting the essence of a thing.
3. noting or containing an essence of a plant, drug, etc.
4. being such by its very nature or in the highest sense; natural; spontaneous: essential happiness.

If we're to take the "essential" line at face value. She absolutely has to do something big. Or something that will either effect Lelouch's descions, his perspective on things, or contribute to his success or failure.

With her rushing forward and ignoring any battle strategies, once she gets to Lelouch there probably won't be any going back. But I don't think her dying until she and Lelouch can come to some kind of understanding. I don't see her still working for Schiezel by the end of the next episode and we'll probably see Kallen hesitating when she has Lelouch in her sights.

Now granted she can be essential w/o any romantic undertones. I still think its a possibility and would be a bonus.
Nice definiton of the word "essential"

However, I don't think that the writers would corrupt Kallen's character since a majority of her character was spent learning the "true lelouch" It'll be a true waste if they do a complete 180 and make her into totally rage mode wanna kill lelouch. But then again, this is Code Geass

so I'd hope 4 the best possible scenario or conclusional outcome of her relationship with Lelouch and the best possible scene would be this:-

Remember Suzaku is out on the forefront killing BK grunts and might possibly be engaging battle against Todou & Chiba, Xing-Ke and Anya along with some assistance from Jeremiah "STORM OF LOYALTY" Gottwald. Hence, there might not be ample time 4 him to return to Lelouch's aide since he might be busy.

Kallen goes 4 the Avalon to rescue the UFN council members and 4 lelouch's head, C.C. might say her gumline 2 lelouch before he boards with his KMF loaded with the weapon that Nina, Lloyd & Cecile finish to neutralize Damocles and Freya bombs. As he goes to board, Kallen barges in to attack, before she strikes she is hesitant because she can't come to grips with killing the man she fell in love with, then C.C. brings her out of her stuphor by smashing into her and pinning her down buying enough time 4 lelouch to make his hasty departure. I hope by this time, Kallen will be shocked to know that C.C. is fighting on lelouch's side, remember in episode 19 - "Betrayal" Kallen was supposed to look after C.C. but we all saw how she failed at that task given what happened on episode 20 - "Emperor Dethroned" and the month timeskip after episode 21 - "Ragnarok Connection" (where Kallen must've wondered that C.C. wandered off and probably given up on her search). It is here I hope that Kallen asked why the hell is C.C. fighting with Lelouch and then states her gumline (but everyone thinks it'll most likely be said to lelouch). Then C.C. having concern and fear of Lelouch's wellbeing with sticking to the "Zero Requiem" Plan would fill her in on what Lelouch's true intentions are and why he's acting like an ass, not to mention the fact that Schniezel is planning to nuke all major capitol cities throughout the globe thus subjugating the world under his rule through Damocles thus enforcing his misguided & deluded ideology of world peace. Here C.C. might tell Kallen if she loves him she'll be his shield since C.C. (who obviously wants to die with smile) feels she no longer can hold out on that role anymore, hell! she even called Suzaku egotistical 4 stating that he's Lelouch's sword and she's his shield.

Then Kallen goes off to rescue lelouch from his attempt and there encounters Suzaku (The scene I dred) who would prevent her from getting 2 lelouch because he knows whatever she's planning to do will hinder their "Zero Requiem" plan and given the state of mind he is in (he's in Hax mode. )

It's kinda corny stating this but this battle between them could turn be
"The Power of Love" vs. "The Power of wills"

But it'll be shitty if they make Kallen all out hate lelouch, it'll undermine her character development this whole season 2 since a majority of it was spent on learning the true face of "Lelouch Vi Britiannia"

Let's hope 4 the best, next episode.

Last edited by El_Negro; 2008-09-16 at 10:02.
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 09:58   Link #10998
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmy88 View Post
I really doubt Lelouch did a frencher on Kallen because if he did, wouldnt that be the answer to what Kallen was asking?
True... But Shirley didn't assume he loved/liked her either after several incidents/accidents about kissing...
Old 2008-09-16, 10:01   Link #10999
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
True... But Shirley didn't assume he loved/liked her either after several incidents/accidents about kissing...
Nah, that scene between Shirley & Lelouch was too damn far, I could hardly tell if she was kissing him or going for a meaningful hug/embrace.

The kiss with Lelouch & C.C. were upclose
The kiss with Lelouch & Kallen were also upclose
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 10:36   Link #11000
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i think were probably missing the reason he kept her out of the loop
while i also think he did it to protect her
i think we may have made a mistake about what he was protecting her from
its might not be about keeping her safe at all (she is the best pilot in the entire OOBK army,he can trust her to protect herself)
but rather to keep her "clean",untainted by his sins

while lelouch is facing an enemy more evil then himself there can be no denying the fact that he has become (or rather turned himself into) an evil monster of the highest order of magnitude
he has taken his words to gilford to heart and has become evil inorder to defaet an evil greater still
his actions so far have made him as big a criminal as the emperor ever was and every bit as much a villan
someone like lelouch who is not completely lacking an understanding of right and wrong, there is no escaping this fact
and with this fact also comes the fact that everyone who knows his plan and is taking part in it is as much at fault for it
suzaku and C.C are a part of the plan (suzaku seems even more into it then lelouch himself, possibly becouse he understands that if they dont pull it off then their sins would have been in vain)
C.C for her part is actually less into it (her look in ep 21 is probably becouse she dislikes it) but nevertheless sees that it must be done
jeremia is either in on the plan (and has vowed to serve lelouch to the bitter end) or he doesnt know
however lelouch has made it a point to keep kallen out of it (both in terms of keeping her away, and keeping her from knowing about the plan)
its not unlikely that he kept quite about the plan becouse the first thing she actually asked him (the first time there was a shot of his lips closed) was what he plans to achive by working with suzaku
its possible that even after our Q-1 puts the white king in check he still wouldnt tell her anything becouse if shes a part of the plan then she also becomes tainted by it
he doesnt want her to bare any of his sins