AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 23:59   Link #1601
Destined_Fate

My hope is that UC at least returns even more love back to Universal Century so that other Universal Century manga series are pushed forward for anime works or OVA series/movie.

Mobile Suit Gundam Silhouette Formula 91 in UC 0123 was surprisingly good(And could be wrapped up in a single movie really) and Gundam Ecole Du Ciel is more than deserving of a series. Not only is it great, gives us an amazing female lead, but it also eventually takes place during the hugely popular Zeta era.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 05:54   Link #1602
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

After the mediocricy of AGE, I wonder how Gundam is going to continue to attract younger viewers. It seems like ideas are fast running out. So I hope while they still can, and that most of the seiyuus of the UC cast are still around, produce series hailing from the UC universe. If a 50 episode series is not able to sustain the fine quality of animation that Unicorn could, why not opt for the OVA track - have episodes with gaps of a few months shouldn't be too long (for older and more avid Gundam viewers that is).
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 06:07   Link #1603
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
After the mediocricy of AGE, I wonder how Gundam is going to continue to attract younger viewers. It seems like ideas are fast running out. So I hope while they still can, and that most of the seiyuus of the UC cast are still around, produce series hailing from the UC universe. If a 50 episode series is not able to sustain the fine quality of animation that Unicorn could, why not opt for the OVA track - have episodes with gaps of a few months shouldn't be too long (for older and more avid Gundam viewers that is).
I think full series have a better chance at getting viewer attention. It's a tried and tested formula.

Bandai should re look the approach they took with AGE - if they failed at attracting the younger crowd, perhaps they should go for the more successful SEED/00 route to try and target older kids instead.

That reminds me - what happened to the supposed Origin OVA?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 06:10   Link #1604
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I thought Brave Battle Warriors thing doing fine.

how is Gunpla builder?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 07:50   Link #1605
Destined_Fate

Quote:
00 Has shown us that 50 episodes aren't needed for a season. If they do bring ecole to the anime screen I can see it being split up like 00 for the time skips. A shorter episode number also cuts down on the filler/recaps and lets more action to occur and the plot to progress somewhat faster.
Old 2012-11-09, 14:34   Link #1606
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Honestly, it wouldnt be too bad to split series up into two seasons if the quality stays top notch, a waiting time as long as the Unicorn episodes would be hard though.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 15:13   Link #1607
JC...
I am a Pie

Well, Ecole Du Ciel is a moe thing, so that'd attract viewers on its own.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 22:51   Link #1608
Destined_Fate

Moe? I guess, I just want it because of the mecha and because it takes place over a few eras. We also could use a more modern female lead... I mean Tiera doesn't count, just because he look and dresses like a woman doesn't make him a female Gundam Pilot.
Old 2012-11-11, 18:29   Link #1609
bio9205
Reborn

So I'm thinking of watching Zeta - is the full series worth a watch, or are the compilation movies good enough? So far I've only seen the first 2 MSG movies and planning to watch the third one soon.
Old 2012-11-11, 19:09   Link #1610
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
So I'm thinking of watching Zeta - is the full series worth a watch, or are the compilation movies good enough? So far I've only seen the first 2 MSG movies and planning to watch the third one soon.
If you already watch the first two MSG movies, watch the 3rd one ASAP. IMO most of the good stuffs are there .

Also, I recommend you to watch Zeta series first. The Zeta New Translation movies will confuse the hell out of a first-timer. Not to mention some characters aren't fleshed-out as well as in the series which will also add to the confusion.
Old 2012-11-12, 01:24   Link #1611
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If you already watch the first two MSG movies, watch the 3rd one ASAP. IMO most of the good stuffs are there .

Also, I recommend you to watch Zeta series first. The Zeta New Translation movies will confuse the hell out of a first-timer. Not to mention some characters aren't fleshed-out as well as in the series which will also add to the confusion.
I see, I need to re-watch the first two as well, been a long time since I saw them.

What about ZZ, then? Is it worth a watch? A pity it doesn't have a compilation movie yet.
Old 2012-11-12, 02:01   Link #1612
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
What about ZZ, then? Is it worth a watch? A pity it doesn't have a compilation movie yet.
Imo ZZ worth if you really want to know the continuation of the events in Zeta. Unlike Zeta, which is a continuation of MSG set years after it, ZZ is a direct continuation of Zeta’s ending. So, finish the MSG movies first, then watch Zeta series. After that, watching ZZ is up to you. Still, as a Gundam fan, I do recommend you to watch ZZ as it’s also somewhat important to UC saga. After ZZ, you can directly watch Char’s Counterattack if you haven’t done it already.

If you're following Unicorn, you might want to know the origin of Ple-clones like Marida. That took place during ZZ.
Old 2012-11-12, 02:29   Link #1613
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Imo ZZ worth if you really want to know the continuation of the events in Zeta. Unlike Zeta, which is a continuation of MSG set years after it, ZZ is a direct continuation of Zeta’s ending. So, finish the MSG movies first, then watch Zeta series. After that, watching ZZ is up to you. Still, as a Gundam fan, I do recommend you to watch ZZ as it’s also somewhat important to UC saga. After ZZ, you can directly watch Char’s Counterattack if you haven’t done it already.

If you're following Unicorn, you might want to know the origin of Ple-clones like Marida. That took place during ZZ.
Right. Thanks for the info! That'll fill the gap between now and next March.
Old 2012-11-18, 10:51   Link #1614
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
They mainly need to just start thinking smarter when it comes to who they target the next series at. Like just target it at people that are guaranteed to give a damn about Gundam and have a chance of actually getting into it versus angry bitter old fans or kids that have never heard of war before. Secondly but equally important is get a seasoned TV series writer that understands the appeal of Gundam instead of somebody that causes fans in Japan to automatically revolt against the series in question just by mere presence on the staff. Seriously I don't know how many comments I heard that referred specifically to Level 5s involvement with AGE but none of them were positive and consistently accused him of being out of his element.

The way I see it many fans in the west will freak out and rage no matter what kind of series we get because that's what they do, but at least Sunrise might be able to assure that it continues to find a home in it's native Japan and they don't have to pretend to give a shit about what /m and the Western fandom thinks anymore because they've already pulled out of North America.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 10:16   Link #1615
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:

I've seen Zeta, but I never jumped on ZZ, thanks for you endorsement, prolly do it now.

Wait, is Ecole actually any good? I got time in my schedule to blow, going through Gundam withdrawal.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 05:24   Link #1616
Destined_Fate

Yes it's pretty good, though for those that aren't familiarized with Moe may be caught off guard by the art style at first. Though make no mistake, this follows the classic UC faithfully and isn't afraid to kill off characters. Reminds me of Zeta, ah... Good old Zeta, everyone was dying there and unlike Victory the deaths weren't just there for the thrill death factor.
Old 2012-11-25, 01:30   Link #1617
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Ecole may have a "moe" female pilot (somewhat debatable imo), but ignoring that artistic aspect, it's very much yet more UC goodness, and is most definitely not K-ON in mecha. I'd highly recommend it if you enjoy the UC setting. Personally, I find very little in the UCverse bad.

As for the potential for a future female Gundam lead pilot in a main tv series, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd certainly love to see one, especially if it was set in UC, but it is incredibly rare in anime in general-not just Gundam specifically-to give us a female lead who isn't just a vehicle for a man's rescue fantasies.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 01:32   Link #1618
rakusukira

Still no trailer for next ep?
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 10:02   Link #1619
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
Still no trailer for next ep?
It's a little early for trailers to be released: to the best of my recollection, trailers usually become accessible around two months before release date itself.
Old 2012-11-26, 10:09   Link #1620
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
It's a little early for trailers to be released: to the best of my recollection, trailers usually become accessible around two months before release date itself.
Can't believe it's still so far away, waiting almost a year sux.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote