AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-11-27, 19:35   Link #161
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I love Chika's voice so much. I never understood why her seiyuu never got a big break, or even a small one. I've only ever heard her in this and Log Horizon. Well, I suppose it's never too late.
Old 2021-11-27, 21:46   Link #162
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose it works having Hyuse be a villain here. Since...he is a villain. He did show up to kidnap Chika and others. It would have been a bit nice having him pay a bit for going too far. But oh well.

In the end it worked to dive into Chika's personality and her mindset. Of course her head would go where it did. Started out being chased by monsters that not a soul thought of as real. Who knows how history unfolds if Chika was captured. Anyone captures someone as powerful as her that is a big deal, but it also could send a message of "look at the huge potential this world has" and leading to invasions that made the ones they actually faced look cute by comparison.

Regardless it's sad to see how negatively she views herself. She was the one that wasn't believed and then people flip-flopped in a way that honestly had to feel pretty disturbing. I'm sure she did legitimately fear being blamed for what happened. But I'm also sure she was blaming herself plenty anyways for the fate of her friend.

Certainly if Chika can move into a more aggressive position then things change quite a bit. It adds yet another ace level threat. Even if Osamu isn't particularly powerful himself, that makes a team that can get work done.
Old 2021-12-04, 15:03   Link #163
James Rye

Good episode, Kazuma is a fun and really helpful senpai. I like how he is the best gunner of Border yet doesn't know his own ranking. xD
Obishima is a cute tomboy, Yuuma got an adorable fan right there. <3
And Yuba is as intense as expected and one hell of a quick shot, even Yuuma who has seen who knows how many battles couldn't react quick enough. I am also excited for the final round but I also wonder if there are enough episodes left to handle all of the stuff happening in it.
Old 2021-12-04, 19:26   Link #164
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kuga was definitely surprised by the speed of Yuba's draw, but I thought he didn't react on purpose to not tip his hand further.

And man, they chose the perfect VA for Yuba.
Old 2021-12-05, 01:34   Link #165
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Definitely a good lesson for both sides. They did get to see more of Kuga's trickiness which was good. But Kuga also got a good look at a couple members of Yuba's squad (including the captain himself) so that's a big bonus. Giving up one trick was worth that kind of experience. No doubt Kuga did give that trick away in order to try and encourage Yuba to do what he did.

While not as exciting, Osamu got plenty from his side of it. Getting to chat with the #1 gunner was worthwhile in general. But at least he's got a few things learned from it.

Ninomiya's strategy being simple is actually a big win. All the more so if Chika is ready to transition to really going after her opponents. After all she's got the most monstrous trion levels out of anyone there. If anyone can handle Ninomiya's strategy it could be her.
Old 2021-12-11, 14:26   Link #166
James Rye

We are THIS close to the final match but still no match! Also this means we got 3-4episodes left to handle all that action and commentary, hopefully that will be enough. Konami is such a biased commentator, not even hiding her full-on support for Tamakoma-2.^^
I pray for a 4th season and for Ashihara's health!
Old 2021-12-11, 19:20   Link #167
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
We are THIS close to the final match but still no match! Also this means we got 3-4episodes left to handle all that action and commentary, hopefully that will be enough. Konami is such a biased commentator, not even hiding her full-on support for Tamakoma-2.^^
I pray for a 4th season and for Ashihara's health!
Aren't there only two episode left?
Old 2021-12-12, 05:11   Link #168
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It'd be weirder if she did. We'll see in the match if it's just support or truly biased commentary. They're not the same.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 06:28   Link #169
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Aren't there only two episode left?
There is no way they can end the final fight in two episodes when they have yet to enter it and there are like still talks left, like Yuba's talk with his squad before the fight start where we see Nono and her big Nonos for the first time.
I read somewhere that 2 more episodes were added to it, because Vol.1 Bluray of season 3 had 7 episodes so it makes no sense for vol.2 to have only 5. Thus it is either 6 or 7 and since season 2 had 6-6 for its two blurays, it makes sense to assume that both volumes of 3rd season will have the same amount of episodes as well.
Old 2021-12-12, 09:11   Link #170
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
There is no way they can end the final fight in two episodes when they have yet to enter it and there are like still talks left, like Yuba's talk with his squad before the fight start where we see Nono and her big Nonos for the first time.
I read somewhere that 2 more episodes were added to it, because Vol.1 Bluray of season 3 had 7 episodes so it makes no sense for vol.2 to have only 5. Thus it is either 6 or 7 and since season 2 had 6-6 for its two blurays, it makes sense to assume that both volumes of 3rd season will have the same amount of episodes as well.
Assuming that's right, we won't see those episodes for another six months until the BDs are released. I don't think they have timeslots for additional episodes.
Old 2021-12-13, 19:47   Link #171
Ghostfriendly

If your job is a sniper, being unable to shoot people isn't really okay. There would be many times a soldier shouldn't shoot, but not being able to shoot would usually mean you should be in another job. It's more important than Osamu and Kuga have faith that Chika can overcome her weakness. It is rightly an encouragement to her that the guys won't blame her if she doesn't shoot, but it should be acknowledged that this effectively means; they'll forgive her even if they all get killed and completely fail because she doesn't shoot. They probably would too; that's worth acknowledging. They'd respect her choice if she stepped back from the battlefield as well, which she had every right to make and be offered. Although it's good that Chika seems set to overcome her insecurities, and hopefully end up giving as much thought to whether she shoots or not as a girl with a gun ought to give.

It has to be said that Chika's fear of being blamed for acting, rather than failing to act and perhaps getting everyone killed, is a blatant product of gender expectations. It could also have been justly said to her that if she wants to save her loved ones, she has a responsibility to make the best decisions she can, without fear, and accept the consequences.

Also has to be said that at least Border doesn't brutalise children into killers, like so many other organisations. Their volunteers can shoot and chop so many things that aren't human or don't die, it's unsurprising that hardly anyone else has Chika's problem. There's no Full Metal Jacket stoking of aggression, though; recruits can keep their own hairstyles and their own ideas, disagreement over the whole mission of Border is tolerated, and there isn't a uniform for upper ranks. I'm not sure we see anyone spending much time with a counsellor or psychologist, but the mental wellbeing of Border seems to be visible good. Chika's problem does show the weaknesses of this policy, but its advantages in personnel retention are obvious. Individual tactical thinking on the ground, as the Isreali and German armies attest, is also a military advantage; strong central command and individual thought in the best tradition of shonen battles make Border some very convincing defenders of the Earth.

Not quite a child soldier, or facing the full horror of war, but still doing a very serious job for a little girl, it was fresh, different and good for Chika to be hugged, and allowed to be a growing child. It wasn't all she needed though; it needed acknowledging that she has to cope with hard words and consequential situations a lot better to do an adult's job.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2021-12-13 at 20:24.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-19, 13:25   Link #172
James Rye

No way they can finish this final round off with just one more episode, they clearly need more than that. Nono's voice was great and Yuba going full strict teacher mode with Obishima is great as well. Ikoma is just fantastic how he was acting bored in the waiting room, how he dodged the slashes inside the fight and ofc his 4th wall breaking. Poor Mario will lose some of her hair over this team.^^
Chika lying she is fine is caught by Yuuma who gives her a way out to avoid a firefight Chika is not ready yet. And Hyuse is in deep trouble, dude is really popular to say it with Kai's words.
Old 2021-12-19, 16:17   Link #173
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Biggest boobs in the series finally made their debut. They're a rarity in this series.

The post episode skit might be my favorite thing about this episode. I was wondering why Karasuma was dressed as Ninomiya too, of course we get no real answer but seeing Konami getting trolled is always fun.
Old 2021-12-19, 17:00   Link #174
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The post episode skit might be my favorite thing about this episode. I was wondering why Karasuma was dressed as Ninomiya too,
I always thought it was because it was something Usami would do.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-19, 19:00   Link #175
Wandering Soul

I am just assumed that he really wanted to get into the role.
Old 2021-12-23, 12:26   Link #176
James Rye

Spoiler for HELL YEAH!:

The WT train ain't stopping until into the new year!
Old 2021-12-23, 14:59   Link #177
Blaat

Bit frustrating news, happy it will get two more episodes but frustrated as it's unnecessary if the series kept the season 2 pacing it could have easily covered every thing in 12 or 13 episodes.
Old 2021-12-23, 17:53   Link #178
Wandering Soul

It was clear that they couldn't wrap up this match with only one episode so at we won't have to wait for another season to get a conclusion.
Old 2021-12-24, 01:40   Link #179
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm happy they'll give this as many episodes as it needs. All the more so since another season isn't likely to be coming too soon. I just respect them giving it more episodes since it needs it.
Old 2021-12-24, 07:54   Link #180
James Rye

Yeah, this season will end at either chapter 195 or 196 (either the end of the battle or the end of the commentary of said battle) and since we are at 217 chapters currently, that will take a while before another 12 episode season will be made/announced. Especially since the new arc is still underway and I doubt they are keen on starting a new season without a potential end for it in sight.