AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-11-04, 08:14   Link #441
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
New update has a murder mystery case with demons as we see two of the characters from the First Class Mage exam.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-10, 17:09   Link #442
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Well, that four armed Shogun looks strong and stronger than Eisen even? Sounds like a duel between Stark and Shogun to me which will show Stark's growth as a warrior.
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-11, 10:19   Link #443
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Once more we see the mindset of demons differs from humans. They are simply predators who only learn enough about their prey to hunt and lay traps.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-13, 11:17   Link #444
DragonOsman
Dragon King
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Age: 32
Yeah. It's kind of interesting how the demons are in this series, but I also don't like it when compared to demons lots of other series where they actually do have good and bad people among them.

So Methode finds Frieren and Serie adorable and wants to do as Serie says because of that? I'm not sure how to feel about that, but it's still pretty interesting and funny. Methode herself may have an adorable side to her.

Speaking of Methode, I like her flashback with Genau. Pretty interesting.
__________________
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-13, 17:59   Link #445
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah. It's kind of interesting how the demons are in this series, but I also don't like it when compared to demons lots of other series where they actually do have good and bad people among them.

So Methode finds Frieren and Serie adorable and wants to do as Serie says because of that? I'm not sure how to feel about that, but it's still pretty interesting and funny. Methode herself may have an adorable side to her.

Speaking of Methode, I like her flashback with Genau. Pretty interesting.
I like the demons more in Frieren because they are just well themselves, inhuman. In other series demons are basically humans with horns, so having good and bad and tragic and sad ones and what not makes sense. Here they are just human predators and that's it.

I worry a bit about Genau. He might stay behind because he knows that a demon would expect a human to do that so that he can deal with that Shogun demon himself. He might bite a bit too much off there.
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-13, 18:10   Link #446
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I like the demons more in Frieren because they are just well themselves, inhuman. In other series demons are basically humans with horns, so having good and bad and tragic and sad ones and what not makes sense. Here they are just human predators and that's it.

I worry a bit about Genau. He might stay behind because he knows that a demon would expect a human to do that so that he can deal with that Shogun demon himself. He might bite a bit too much off there.
Yes, and he doesn't seem entirely healthy, mentally speaking.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-14, 12:23   Link #447
DragonOsman
Dragon King
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Age: 32
Yeah, maybe Genau wants to fight the Shogun himself and that's why he did this. One of two possible issues could arise from that, though: 1. What if the other demon(s) go(es) to the town instead, while the Shogun goes after goes everyone else? 2. Even if the Shogun does go to the town, what if Genau isn't strong enough to beat him? I think Genau should plan for those possibilities too somehow.

@James_Rye: You're right about it making more sense in series where the demons are more "human", but I just want to say that not all demons even those series have horns. Also, even in some of the series with the more "human" demons, there are actually all evil demons too aren't there? I wasn't expressing a gripe with just demons that are all evil; I was expressing a gripe with demons that are like machines with no emotions.
__________________
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-14, 13:52   Link #448
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
That quip about horns was more about the regular representation of demons drawn in manga. Also those demons in Frieren ain't machines, we have seen them being arrogant, devious and even scared, especially when they were up against Frieren. They are basically humanoid animals who work on instinct though their instincts are all about deceiving and killing humans.
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-14, 17:25   Link #449
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's not just instinct. They think, have their own ideas, communicate with and teach each other... It's just that their way of thinking is pretty alien to us, just like ours is alien to them. And yes, that makes them more interesting than humans with horns.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-15, 06:05   Link #450
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I feel like for the longest time, it was "Religion is bad, Angels are the easiest symbol of religion, so therefore they must also be. And since demons are the opposite of angels, that means that demons must actually be good!"

I feel like between Frieren and Kimetsu no Yaiba, those are your more classical "human-eating demons"... but cute girls sell better, so make demons into cute girls for for $$$. Thankfully, such is NOT the case here...
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-15, 12:03   Link #451
DragonOsman
Dragon King
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Age: 32
I'm actually religious, so I can't get behind that "religion is bad" philosophy (if it can be called that). That said, I get where you're coming from.

Like I said though, the series that have those other kinds of demons also have demons that eat humans; they have both good and bad demons.

@James: Yes, they do think and feel, but I meant they're machine-like when it comes to hunting. They don't care about anything else when it comes to hunting, though of course if they notice something beyond their ability and power they'll get scared of it.
__________________
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-15, 12:37   Link #452
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@James: Yes, they do think and feel, but I meant they're machine-like when it comes to hunting. They don't care about anything else when it comes to hunting, though of course if they notice something beyond their ability and power they'll get scared of it.
But aren't humans pretty similar? When you eat meat, you don't think about the cow that was murdered to put that meat on your table. You don't care.

You could argue the demons should care because unlike cows, humans are an intelligent species, but valuing the ability to think is part of humans' value system. There's no reason why the demons should see any value in it. Hence there's no reason why they should care.

When you think about it that way, it makes perfect sense that they do not care.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-16, 09:32   Link #453
DragonOsman
Dragon King
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Age: 32
Yeah, that's true. But in other series I've read, the bad demons are shown to relish the thought of eating humans and enjoy it; it's really creepy. We don't see that with the demons in this series, do we?
__________________
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-17, 02:25   Link #454
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But aren't humans pretty similar? When you eat meat, you don't think about the cow that was murdered to put that meat on your table. You don't care.

You could argue the demons should care because unlike cows, humans are an intelligent species, but valuing the ability to think is part of humans' value system. There's no reason why the demons should see any value in it. Hence there's no reason why they should care.

When you think about it that way, it makes perfect sense that they do not care.
But you get vegetarian activists who raids farms to free chickens among humans. If there are demons like that we did not see them yet...
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-17, 06:46   Link #455
DragonOsman
Dragon King
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Age: 32
There are also vegans among humans. People who don't eat or drink anything that comes from animals, including eggs and milk. So unhealthy. Such a waste. There are no demons like that here from we've seen so far, either.
__________________
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-17, 15:41   Link #456
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
There are also vegans among humans. People who don't eat or drink anything that comes from animals, including eggs and milk. So unhealthy. Such a waste. There are no demons like that here from we've seen so far, either.
Demons don't seem clever enough for that.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-17, 15:59   Link #457
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
More like even they aren't dumb enough for that...
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-17, 16:51   Link #458
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I'd say it's a matter of emotions. Being generally unconcerned about your food's well-being is a natural instinct for any animal predator, and humans aren't any different. Where humans differ is on the emotional perspective. It's due to those emotions that a minority of humans would feel pity for their food and become vegans or activists for chickens and cows' rights, for example.

But demons' emotions, as depicted in this manga, are pretty dulled. They don't even seem to feel much of anything when their comrades are killed. So it goes without saying they wouldn't feel any pity or sympathy for their food (humans) either.

Rather than being evil, these demons are better described as alien. They have different value system than humans and different emotional range. That's why there's simply no way these demons and humans could ever coexist. Just like a lion could never coexist with a gazelle. Their whole dynamic can be described as hunter and prey, and that's all there is to it.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-18, 09:02   Link #459
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
With the difference that humans can be pretty tough and thorny prey, capable of killing demons if they underestimated their prey. That and humans actively hunting demons, or at least the capable ones doing so.
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-18, 10:29   Link #460
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Frieren... I know you love grimoire, but have you no shame as an Elf?
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, after victory, demons, elf, elf life, eternity, hero party

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.