Notices

Old 2010-08-12, 06:25   Link #181
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Part two of the prologue translation is up:

http://kaijyuu-m.livejournal.com/27134.html
So... Does this make Gundam EVOLVE episode 07(Wing Gundam Zero Custom) "canon" to the AC universe then?
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 16:30   Link #182
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So...when we gonna see these new mobile suits?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 17:45   Link #183
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Perhaps that's why he decided to switch over to jeans after a year or so.
That's exactly what I was thinking, hahaha. Even Heero has enough shame to know when spandex just isn't okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
So... Does this make Gundam EVOLVE episode 07(Wing Gundam Zero Custom) "canon" to the AC universe then?
Yup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Any information on the mecha to feature in the novel? I know there's this MG deathscythe endless waltz version that was released recently. But I can't imagine them using the EW versions of the series gundams in the novel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So...when we gonna see these new mobile suits?
No word yet! I'm thinking the Katoki models being released are going to tie-in somehow (maybe they'll try to retcon them into the beginning of the series via the supposed flashbacks this novel will be comprised of.. THAT'LL go over well ) but as of yet we have no word on WHAT the new military presence is or their supposed new mobile suits. I assume a new Gundam will also emerge with them, but we don't even know that yet.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 01:58   Link #184
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Heero can always steal one of the enemies mobile suit and use that if worse comes to worse.

The katoki version of wing gundam is pure sexy
Old 2010-08-13, 17:30   Link #185
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Heero can always steal one of the enemies mobile suit and use that if worse comes to worse.

The katoki version of wing gundam is pure sexy
IF it's him in action in this novel...

Call me old-fashioned, but I always though Okawara's versions made more sense as functioning military vehicles. The Katoki redesigns in EW for example took away so many battle-important functions (The shield and Neo Bird Mode from WZ, the buster shield from D-Hell, the arm blade from Heavyarms, for example) and all he did was make them shiny and pretty for model sales. :/ It makes no sense in the context of the series and never will (retcon my ass).
Old 2010-08-13, 17:32   Link #186
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

As far as I can tell, the Katoki Wing Gundam still has the shield in bird mode. Same goes for Deathscythe.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:51   Link #187
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
As far as I can tell, the Katoki Wing Gundam still has the shield in bird mode. Same goes for Deathscythe.
Yeah. He seemed to pull back a bit and not go so crazy on the first generation ones, perhaps as a result of the critiques of the EW ones? Though I'm not sure which set came first, tbh. I don't know when that illustration of the first set originally came out (which is the only place I've ever actually seen the first gen redesigns... aside from the models of them.)

Which, I have the Crystal Type Fix Figuration Wing Ka in front of me right now and the box does indeed say 'Early Type', suggesting it to be a prototype of some sort? I'm fairly certain the model kits of this suit have that name too. So maybe that's what they'll be... prototypes to the ones in series. Though the Deathscythe Ka model being put out seems to have gotten the moniker 'Deathscythe EW version', so. Who knows.
Old 2010-08-13, 19:47   Link #188
Strike Chaos

I think I found a typo in the english stuff. In the english stuff, it label the year as MC-002, but in the japanese stuff it's MC-0022.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...04#post3104004
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YF1tNfQVN8...uU/s1600/7.jpg

I believe T.K. is Treize Khushrenada, because the letter was German and he's of Germen descent and the bit about his friend Milliardo. That or T.K. from Digimon is making an appearence.

I don't think "J" is Doctor J, because if he was Doctor J, she would've first note how mechanized he is.

Finally I believe Princess Aurora is A new female character and the MC timeline will have Sleeping beauty references like the original had a Wizard of OZ references, E.G. OZ, Dorothy.
Strike Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 19:57   Link #189
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Chaos View Post
I think I found a typo in the english stuff. In the english stuff, it label the year as MC-002, but in the japanese stuff it's MC-0022.

I believe T.K. is Treize Khushrenada, because the letter was German and he's of Germen descent and the bit about his friend Milliardo. That or T.K. from Digimon is making an appearence.

I don't think "J" is Doctor J, because if he was Doctor J, she would've first note how mechanized he is.

Finally I believe Princess Aurora is A new female character and the MC timeline will have Sleeping beauty references like the original had a Wizard of OZ references, E.G. OZ, Dorothy.
Just going to reply on the Dr J part. She didn't comment on how mechanized he was since she was only hearing an audio, that's it.

Quote:
# The final file is Spring AC196. The recorder is Kathy's mother, Sally.
# Data on conversation between Relena and an elderly person are on the file.
# The file contains other attached data aside from the sound.
Old 2010-08-13, 19:58   Link #190
Strike Chaos

Upps, my bad, but I still have my doubts.
Old 2010-08-13, 20:59   Link #191
Kitsoru

Quote:

In order....

-The newer, full translation says "MC-0022 NEXT WINTER". The blogpost you linked was a very early information dump. Obviously it was gonna have misinformation.

-Duh.

-This is based on Gundam EVOLVE 7 and he was shown in person in that piece. It's definitely Doctor J.

-While I believe your theory might be totally possible (I was thinking this myself, Sumisawa trolling us all by making it some random new character) your reasons are pretty unlikely. They're not gonna make a bunch of references for the sake of making references.
Old 2010-08-13, 21:36   Link #192
Strike Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
In order....

-The newer, full translation says "MC-0022 NEXT WINTER". The blogpost you linked was a very early information dump. Obviously it was gonna have misinformation.

-Duh.

-This is based on Gundam EVOLVE 7 and he was shown in person in that piece. It's definitely Doctor J.

-While I believe your theory might be totally possible (I was thinking this myself, Sumisawa trolling us all by making it some random new character) your reasons are pretty unlikely. They're not gonna make a bunch of references for the sake of making references.
In order...

-Just to clearify.

-Some people were talking about it

-I don't know how canon they are and was taken in the final arc of the TV series, before 196 AC, if you check out some little hints

-Then explain the Wizard of OZ references and I never said a bunch.
Old 2010-08-13, 21:46   Link #193
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
Don't tell me we are going to witness a Gundam War here, next
And don't worry, every one's opinion is still plausible till the next chapter comes out
Old 2010-08-13, 22:21   Link #194
Strike Chaos

Haha, sorry. The way he phrased it, made me have to defend my opinion. It's a bad habit of mine.
Old 2010-08-13, 23:07   Link #195
Kitsoru

Quote:
Haha, sorry. The way he phrased it, made me have to defend my opinion. It's a bad habit of mine.
She.

It's an exercise in brevity. No need to be defensive.
Old 2010-08-14, 02:43   Link #196
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Where are people getting this Gundam EVOLVE fit in stuff from? >>;;
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 10:12   Link #197
Strike Chaos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxYVN...eature=related
Old 2010-08-14, 11:03   Link #198
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I've seen the Evolve short before, however that doesn't mean that it's post Endless Waltz or anything. While the two things that Doctor J said at the beginning certainly relate, it doesn't mean anything. That and if people are going on it based on the Gundam design showcased, you have to remember that the cosmetic different doesn't mean anything... it's still the same Gundam in the end. I think people are grasping at straws with this one...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 11:10   Link #199
Strike Chaos

I agree Deacon Blue. I was only a showcase, perhaps it was inspiration for the scene.
Old 2010-08-14, 12:14   Link #200
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Here's a good take on Evolve 7 from Aboutgundamwing:

Gundam Evolve 7: Tertiary. Though it offers no real contradiction, Evolve 7 is somewhat hard to place within the timeline of Gundam Wing. The use of Virgo IIs and Dr. J being alive place it within the show's span, but there exists no real period of time in which Heero has Wing Zero and is in space alone, meaning that he had to specifically leave the Peacemillion without telling the others to deal with the colony cannon. I doubt this happened while he was "on the way" to rescue Relena. However, I suspect that this event takes place during the 12-day gap between Episodes 45 and 46. Firstly, in 45, Relena notices Dr. J in Libra's hangar while Dorothy is showing off the new Mercurius and Vayeate, but makes no effort to talk to him; perhaps she was waiting for a time when she could have a more private conversation. Secondly, as seen in the later chapters of G-Unit, White Fang wasn't putting all its eggs in the one basket that is Libra, so having a back-up WMD seems reasonable. Thirdly, at the end of 45, Duo tells Heero that Relena is on Libra, but he still takes almost two weeks to decide to rescue her; given his loner nature, it's easy to imagine Heero not talking with the guys, but taking on the colony cannon mission solo as a way to clear his head, so to speak. In any event, Evolve 7 doesn't offer much expansion to the universe, just a five-minute, computer-generated jaunt, and therefore can fit in pretty well.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing