AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-28, 00:51   Link #1761
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think that kana is there because the tv viewers would feel sorry for her.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 00:54   Link #1762
kniteowl

Just wondering, is the Saki manga raws released, on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis?

Because I keep hearing about how the Saki anime will use up all of the manga material soon but isn't the Saki manga ongoing so a new raw chapter should be release anytime soon or is it on hiatus?
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 01:01   Link #1763
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

the ending is soo dang cute especially the last 10 sec where saki and nodoka was holding hands and was blushing

it made me look and say

awe how cute

any way it seem like the next episode koromo will exact vengeance on saki because of the full moon thingy being narrated in the preview

or am i wrong??

can i have a small spoiler who already read the manga since i think its relatively close to the anime
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 01:02   Link #1764
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Just wondering, is the Saki manga raws released, on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis?

Because I keep hearing about how the Saki anime will use up all of the manga material soon but isn't the Saki manga ongoing so a new raw chapter should be release anytime soon or is it on hiatus?
Two times a month usually. The next one is early August. Right now, the anime just finished chapter 43ish and manga chapters are out to 51. Usually, anime episodes cover about 2.5-3 chapters. So, it's going to be close.
Old 2009-07-28, 01:29   Link #1765
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

There's only one real question that everyone would want to know, frankly...

No-pan? Or just really really small-pan?

Anyway, sent Kobayashi-sensei an email, so who knows if he'll respond.

Actually going through "official' channels is basically impossible, as it'd be a telephone chain of like 10 people.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 01:43   Link #1766
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Nah; it just means that Saki's finally starting to have some fun. Although you can think of that as her turning to the dark side - which would mean that Nodoka is in for some trouble .
The good fun kind of trouble or... the other good fun kind of trouble?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 01:59   Link #1767
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The good fun kind of trouble or... the other good fun kind of trouble?
well what are the kinds of fun troublke you want??

ther is like a ton of trouble and all it takes is a good imaginations some body steam and wet school girl look
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 02:17   Link #1768
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
Yes, but those rons are less hands Kana has to make up ground.

Assuming they're winning the same point-value, Kana getting a ron on Koromo would narrow the distance 2x faster than anyone else getting a ron on Koromo.
That is only half-true. As long as Koromo has more points than Yumi and/or Saki, it doesnt matter if Tsuruga or Kiyosumi win with their extra hands. As an example: Tsuruga or Kiyosumi win a hand with Ron from Koromo while they are dealer. -> Extra hand 1. Dealer wins again = One hand less for Kana but one more shot at Koromo, +-0 in hands. Lets say dealer wins 2nd bonus hand from Koromo again, means Kanas situation actually got better.

This only works as long as dealer has less points than Koromo since if Kiyosumi or Tsuruga had more points then Kana would have to catch up to them.

As an alternative, add in Kana winning the hand when dealer and Koromo have the same amount of points. She has to shoot down the one with the most points anyway, so it doesnt matter which school she wins from as long as they have the most points.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 02:34   Link #1769
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
The manga is ongoing but first it took a week off and then the author got sick and then something else happened so it hasn't put out a new chapter in a like a month. (Or like 3 chapters over 2 months instead of 5.) And at the current Gonzo pace, there is only 2-3 eps left. (In fact, the episode summaries say that ep 19 should catch up with the manga.) The real sign that they are about to break with the manga is that the episode titles so far have almost all been 2 kanji /1 word iirc while the next ep is 1 kanji and hiragana.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 11:17   Link #1770
TakumiFuji

i have a really stupid question/favor to ask in eps 3 when Saki is sitting under the tree dreaming of Teru. She is woken up by the butterfly the magazine article of Teru's interview says something can post it up or can send me a pm with whats said.
TakumiFuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 11:48   Link #1771
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Nah; it just means that Saki's finally starting to have some fun. Although you can think of that as her turning to the dark side - which would mean that Nodoka is in for some trouble .
Some 'fun' indeed

I wonder when Saki could give people the 'same pressure as Koromo' like in the chapter when Ryumonbuchi's player first met her. For me, she didn't seem to show that kind of pressure in this match. . yet ;(

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 11:51   Link #1772
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakumiFuji View Post
i have a really stupid question/favor to ask in eps 3 when Saki is sitting under the tree dreaming of Teru. She is woken up by the butterfly the magazine article of Teru's interview says something can post it up or can send me a pm with whats said.
From UW's subs:

"The president of the famous Shiraitodai High School for the spring qualifiers.
Aims for her third championship in a row at this year's summer tournament.
She showed us some frightfully high-scoring hands at the spring qualifiers."

"This summer, I'm aiming for the championships."

Actually, I think instead of "president", it ought to be the "taisho" or the fifth and last person in her team, like how Saki is in her team.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 12:00   Link #1773
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
There's only one real question that everyone would want to know, frankly...

No-pan? Or just really really small-pan?
No-pan! no-pan! no-pan!

Or at least Tacos has no-pan...seriously it takes just a little bit more for the viewers to confirm whether that is true or not from the way she is lying on the couch (damn you gonzo >.>).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 12:50   Link #1774
Midonin
Last Engage

The character song album is out, and the songs are nice and fun to listen to. Now all that's left as far as songs are concerned is "bloooomin'", which releases next week. It turns out that, besides the eight characters singing that I listed a page or two ago, there's also a song by the four captain round players. I was curious what that first track was.

Koromo and Nodoka's songs stand out as my favorite, though they're all worth at least one listen.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 14:20   Link #1775
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Episode 17 was cool.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 18:17   Link #1776
Trans-Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Whoa! I was just looking up the manga-ka's birthplace, and HE LIVES IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD! Komaba, Meguro-ku! According to his website profile...

That's like within 5 minutes from whereever I live! I should totally give him a call. That would be awesome.
Ask him for a game. Try your luck against his, and see how he stacks up. Also, tell him to lay off them kanji's that are just too damn hard to understand for a Japanese beginner like me
Trans-Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 18:23   Link #1777
uis

Hmmm i love Kana song most...
Yumi and Touka song kinda lol... *i cant stop laugh*

Anyway can someone make Kana avie for me... Hmmm any avie *15:38~15:42 i really want someone make that lol~

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 23:32   Link #1778
einhorn303

Rewatching Episode 17, it's funny how the next episode preview shows all talking and no actual mahjong action. I don't know if this is to avoid spoilers (truly epic mahjong action), or maybe the "hard" animation isn't quite finalized so they could only send in the "easy" parts.

I also noticed that, in Touka's "fantasy battle" mode, her spear has the same little long red ribbons that Koromo has. Cousins, after all. I'll bet there's a lot of other little neat things hidden in the animation.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 01:49   Link #1779
Rava

I'm getting a "+/- 0" vibe from Saki after watching that last part of 17. Kind of feels like she's going to reset everyone's points, then Rinshan Kaihou everyone to death. =X
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 07:09   Link #1780
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
I'm getting a "+/- 0" vibe from Saki after watching that last part of 17. Kind of feels like she's going to reset everyone's points, then Rinshan Kaihou everyone to death. =X
Infinite tie ftw! Also it would appear they are using deus ex machina rules so anything is possible.

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen