AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-29, 14:52   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Remi, the Nobody's Boy

Anybody know what this series is about? Riten Kyo Digital just released the first episode onto AnimeSuki, but there doesn't seem to be any info on it at AnimeNfo, AniDB, or ANN -- anyone who's seen it know anything about it? Thanks.

Last edited by Fighter Volk; 2004-04-29 at 14:53. Reason: Spelled anything anythong ^^
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 15:35   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Anybody know what this series is about? Riten Kyo Digital just released the first episode onto AnimeSuki, but there doesn't seem to be any info on it at AnimeNfo, AniDB, or ANN -- anyone who's seen it know anything about it? Thanks.
Which one? There are two versions: "Rittai Animation Ienakiko" and "Ienakiko Remy"
The former is done by Dezaki Osamu. The latter aired from 1996.9~1997.3, it totals 23 episodes, and was last of the World Masterpiece Theater animes from Nippon Animation. Both are based on Hector Malot's "Sans Famille."

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-04-29 at 17:01.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 15:45   Link #3
LinChoiSin

i saw some episodes of the oldest version and i think it's one the saddest show i've ever seen ,i've haven't watch the entire anime though.
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 16:11   Link #4
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
well, i've heard that we in latinamerica saw it a long time ago, I can't recall seeing it, maybe I was too young. For what i've read on the internet is a very depressing series about an orphan, maybe i'll download it to see if I remember.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 16:11   Link #5
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Following is info on Ie naki ko Remi...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Title: Ie naki ko Remi / Remi the Homeless Girl ("Remi, Nobody's girl"?)
Aired: Sept. 1996 - Mar. 1997

Original Work: Sans Famille
Author: Hector Malot (1830-1907)
Nationality: French
Story Setting: France
Story Beginning Date: Unknown

Description: One english translated edition (Rand, McNally & company, 1925; The Windermere series; tr. by Philip Schuyler Allen) is entitled The adventures of Remi. A literal translation of the title gives Familyless, a title as awkward as The adventures of Remi is imaginative, but another translated edition (Cupples & Leon Company, 1916; tr. by Florence Crewe-Jones) renders it Nobody's boy, far nearer the feeling of the original title. It should be noted, however, that this title wouldn't quite fit as a reference to the anime version, because the main character is no longer a boy, as in the original, but is now a girl. It should also be noted that this story was made into a popular anime tv series over twenty years before, from Tokyo Movie Shinsha, under the direction of Dezaki Osamu (Blackjack, Ashita no Joe). The Japanese translation of the novel (and the Dezaki anime version) is entitled Ie naki ko Remi.

Series Length: Started airing on September 1, 1996; CANCELLED by Fuji TV on account of low ratings; ended March 23, 1997 with a staggeringly low episode count of 23 episodes.
Director: Kusaba Kouzo
Character Design: Ooshiro Katsu? (reading uncertain; kanji are "ookii" "shiro" and "katsu")
Art Director: Masaki Kawaguchi
Layout: Kazue Itou
Writer(s): Man Shimada

Opening Theme: About love...
Closing Theme: A Premonition of Happiness (not the Future Boy Conan song!)
Vocalists: Sada Masashi and "Youca" respectively.
Music: Katsuhisa Hattori

Cast:
Albert - Naka Tomoko
Arthur - Touma Yumi
Bigoo - Kishino Yukimasa
Gaspard - Fukuda Nobuaki
Jeanne - Suzuki Saori
Joli-Coeur - Satou Chie
Katoriin - Watanabe Naoko
Lise - Kanai Mika
Marcel - Tsuruno Kyouko
Maria - Araki Kae
Mathias - Adachi Shinobu
Milligan - Yamada Eiko
Nana Baruburan - Shimakata Junko
Nelly - Hayashibara Megumi
Pierre - Maeda Konomi/Adachi Shinobu
Remi - Horie Mitsuko
Rigard - Yuuki Hiro
Vitalis - Yamano Fumito

Now, give me a bit to dig up the info on the series they're actually doing. -.-;

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2004-04-29 at 16:46.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 16:41   Link #6
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Following is info on Rittai anime ie naki ko...
Title: Rittai anime ie naki ko / 3D Anime, Remi the Homeless Boy ("Remi, Nobody's Boy"?)
Aired: Oct. 1977 - Oct. 1978

Original Work: Sans Famille
Author: Hector Malot (1830-1907)
Nationality: French
Story Setting: France
Story Beginning Date: Unknown

Description: This version is more faithful to the book than the WMT adaptation ie naki no remi in that in the latter the main character is a girl, Remi. In this version, made for TMS by Osamu DEZAKI, the sufferings of Remi and his companions are powerfully portrayed, with many scenes of poverty and hardship. It's a fairly easy anime to follow even if you don't have a copy in a comprehensible language.

Series Length: 52 episodes, running from the 2nd of October, 1977, to the 1st of October, 1978.
Director: Osamu Dezaki
Character Designer: Akio Sugino
Animator: Akio Sugino
Writer: Haruki Yamazaki, Kouji Itou

Opening Theme: ?
Closing Theme: ?
Music: Takeo Watanabe

Cast: ?

This is the one they're doing, I think. *whew*

Alright... Give me the info from the episodes and I'll fill in the blanks. ^^;

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2004-04-29 at 18:20. Reason: Spoiler removed >.> Sorry about that.
Old 2004-04-29, 17:18   Link #7
kuru

This is considered a classic, but I must admit I wasn't very enthusiastic about it after seeing the 8 episodes that were fansubbed before (by Nautilus Subbing, a group from United Kingdom; they did most of the Kodomo no Omocha fansubs that Kodocha Anime distributed and took most of the credit for). The Nautilus Subbing fansubs were called Homeless Boy Remi, btw. As far as I know, they only did the first 8 episodes.

But I'll give it another try, as the creative team of Osamu Dezaki and Akio Sugino is regarded as some of the finest creators of anime ever.

Provided that the soundtrack is in Japanese, of course. I heard something about they doing the fansub from the French DVDs and that made me worried, as the French DVDs don't have a Japanese track.

If someone has already gotten it, please let me know.

Last edited by kuru; 2004-04-29 at 17:30.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 17:28   Link #8
kuru

Mr. Paper, please edit your message as it has a spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Following is info on Rittai anime ie naki ko...
[b]This is the one they're doing, I think. *whew*
While I still haven't downloaded it, I'm sure it's the one they're doing. The more recent Remi is a kawaii girl, not a boy (and the title of this fansub is Remi, The Nobody's boy).

As the subject says, I think there's a spoiler in your post. Please consider editing it.

BTW, the name of the monkey is Joli-COEUR. Coeur is French for heart. Joli Coeur would be something like Beautiful Heart.
Old 2004-04-29, 17:39   Link #9
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Yeaay!! I was so suprised and happy to see that. This is the first anime I've ever seen along with Astro. I only saw the french version but I've dreamed to see it in Japonese with the original voices Even if this story is the saddest I've ever known, I saw it when I was very young, I guess the good side is that I became gloomy cause of this wonderfull show that made me in part what I am today. Being able to feel and criticize any kind of Art for having great sources is a major pillar in my life.

//Edit: I also hope the sub is the old version. BTW kuru is right about Jolie-Coeur.
Old 2004-04-29, 17:40   Link #10
TronDD
Team the box!

I just watched it. It is a boy and it is entirely French.

And could they stop panning through the landscape for 5 seconds, please?
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 17:46   Link #11
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
I just watched it. It is a boy and it is entirely French.

And could they stop panning through the landscape for 5 seconds, please?

French ?? realy? Damn.. well I mean good for you guys but I wanted the Japanese version.. I already have the french one.

I guess it doesn't exist in the original version anymore and that the only RAWs that are available are from the DVD's by Imavision...
Old 2004-04-29, 18:21   Link #12
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
While I still haven't downloaded it, I'm sure it's the one they're doing. The more recent Remi is a kawaii girl, not a boy (and the title of this fansub is Remi, The Nobody's boy).

As the subject says, I think there's a spoiler in your post. Please consider editing it.

BTW, the name of the monkey is Joli-COEUR. Coeur is French for heart. Joli Coeur would be something like Beautiful Heart.
Spoiler removed, and sorry about typo'ing the monkey's name. ^^;

Just a side note, but in the mid 1980's this entire series was broadcast on CBC-French in Canada. >.>
Old 2004-04-29, 18:46   Link #13
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
gonna add my 2 cents cents on Remi Nobody's Child.

I think i was in elementary when i saw this one (Nobodys child).
Anyway, (i haven't DL it yet though),

Spoiler:

Incidentally, a similar story titled "Nobody's Girl", was shown on Axn Asia(singapore base)
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 18:52   Link #14
a7m4

Thank you so much to Riten Kyo Digital for releasing this! Osamu Dezaki is one of my favorite directors, and I am always open to anything he has done. I would have preferred seeing it in the original Japanese, but most old European dubs are fantastic.
a7m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 20:29   Link #15
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
French ?? realy? Damn.. well I mean good for you guys but I wanted the Japanese version.. I already have the french one.

I guess it doesn't exist in the original version anymore and that the only RAWs that are available are from the DVD's by Imavision...
Both the Remi's (boy and girl) have been released on DVD in Japan.

Homeless Boy Remi DVD box 1 at CD Japan - PIBA-9014
Homeless Boy Remi DVD box 2 at CD Japan - PIBA-9015

Homeless Girl Remi DVD 1 at CD Japan - BCBA-1235
Homeless Girl Remi DVD 2 at CD Japan - BCBA-1236
Homeless Girl Remi DVD 3 at CD Japan - BCBA-1237
Homeless Girl Remi DVD 4 at CD Japan - BCBA-1238
Homeless Girl Remi DVD 5 at CD Japan - BCBA-1239
Homeless Girl Remi DVD 6 at CD Japan - BCBA-1240

Maybe someone with experience on raw-hunting could try to help Riten Kyo Digital to get sources in the original language.

BTW,

boy Remi:

girl Remi:

If someone would to sub Homeless Girl Remi, the DVDs are being released in Italy (with the original Japanese sound included):

Shin Vision (the company that's releasing Remy, la bambina senza famiglia)

DVD.it (an italian DVD store that has the first 3 Remy DVDs, 4th comming soon
Old 2004-04-29, 21:13   Link #16
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Both the Remi's (boy and girl) have been released on DVD in Japan.

Homeless Boy Remi DVD box 1 at CD Japan - PIBA-9014
Homeless Boy Remi DVD box 2 at CD Japan - PIBA-9015
Niiice. I didn't even knew it was still available! although 550$ US is pretty expensive for 2 box set <.< It sure means this material is old, rare and precious ^^

BTW I got so used to Remi as a boy.. It would seem weird to see him as a girl so suddenly.. I guess I'll stick with the original versions ^_ x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Just a side note, but in the mid 1980's this entire series was broadcast on CBC-French in Canada. >.>
In 86. I was 6 years old.
Old 2004-04-29, 21:56   Link #17
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Niiice. I didn't even knew it was still available! although 550$ US is pretty expensive for 2 box set <.< It sure means this material is old, rare and precious ^^
Not really. DVDs are always expensive in Japan. Try checking other DVD boxes in CD Japan and you'll see they're always expensive.
Old 2004-04-29, 22:58   Link #18
ichido reichan

Quote:
Not really. DVDs are always expensive in Japan. Try checking other DVD boxes in CD Japan and you'll see they're always expensive.
Thanks sooo much for the feedback guys, I loved the series as much as all of you, but I must say that Riten kyo digital resources are limited and since we have already a project that will cost us around $500.00 already (the boxset of KIMENGUMI 2 and 3) the buying of REMI in japanese is something that is out of our hands.

But the point is to promote the series, and the voices in french aren't that bad, Ofcourse if it were in my power to release the original japanese version I will do it without doubt, but just check at the price tag and you will see that is not that easy to say "I want to watch it in japanese" but if some rich otaku around can lent us the japanese dvds, we will more than happy to re-master the whole series, since I have the scripts of the 51 episodes.

Plus, as an exotic and rare thing, this whole anime happens in france, so is politically corrent that they speak in french.

American anime fans have never watched Remi and this is the only chance that such jewel could be availiable for them, somebody told me that they would prefer the spanish version with english subs but the spanish version is captured from vhs, when the french dvd version is crispier.

Anyway, RTK will release the 51 episodes eventually so keep supporting us
ichido reichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 04:57   Link #19
Captain Hamsack

I am SO glad to see this show again!
I love Osamu Dezaki's shows!

Any of you fellow Osamu Dezaki fans remember his anime series "Takarajima".
See this thread : Dodgy_subs.
Captain Hamsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 16:56   Link #20
Moejoe

REmi!
So ichido, you people are working on the other episodes?
If so, then what's the progress of episode 2?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote