Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-19, 14:07   Link #21
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Well, they're mostly mad because all their favorite groups will stop subbing it and some dark back ally fan subbing group will pick it up and might not do quite the quality of the original groups (although there are exceptions) and on top of that they'll actually have to *work* to get their fix rather than just lazily clicking on a torrent here at AS and uber leaching.

Bullshit.

If this was true then One Piece wouldn't be still subbed by (IMHO) the best fansubbers out their (sorry i can't mention thier name cuase of rules). This is especially true when we consider the popularity of naruto.

Stop scaring people -.-
Old 2004-11-19, 14:39   Link #22
jimmy_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah

Oh, and after that we'll be flooded with Naruto items and everyone will be waering Naruto stuff, using naruto pen and paper, and ending their sentences by "datte ba yo"
Don`t think they will say "dattebayo" when the amaricans have dubbed it, hehe.. They will find a weird word for it
Old 2004-11-19, 15:43   Link #23
dew

WB actually has terrible relations with 4Kids, and they have ever since 4Kids bought the Fox Kids timeslot. 4Kids still lets Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon air on Kids WB, but they won't be giving WB any new shows. It would just be silly to think that WB liscensing it would result in 4kids handling it.

Although, unfortunately, Naruto would likely wind up on Kids WB, and yeah, it probably wouldn't fare too well.
Old 2004-11-19, 16:19   Link #24
Dr_Easylove

ill admit im a total narutard, and god knows i havent the slightest idea what im gonna do when its licensed... god. ill go insane. i better start preparing or it.... ya know, like funeral preparations....

you guys really think its gonna be announced in the next couple of weeks? thats a really scary thought. not so much becauase i wont be able to (easily) get my fix, but because im sure whoever does it is gonna rape it. how could they not? its a show that millions of people love...that seems to be the criteria for rape.

god save the people who have to watch the filth that naruto on american tv becomes...ive lost my faith in licensing after OP. i hold no hope for naruto whatsoever.
Old 2004-11-19, 17:46   Link #25
Shay
Monarch Programmer

What’s going to happen to the forum once it gets licensed?

Will Naruto continue to have its own forum or will it just end up in the licensed forum?

I’m quite eager to see how things turn out around here once Naruto becomes taboo to talk about.

Edit.

Bleach forum anyone?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2004-11-19 at 18:40.
Old 2004-11-19, 18:19   Link #26
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Will Naruto continue to have its own forum or will it just end up in the licensed forum?
It'll be the latter.
Old 2004-11-19, 18:38   Link #27
Trov
Holy cack!

I'm heading to the Festival This sunday morning It's when Naruto is said to be shown. So, I'll bring back either good news, or bad news, or ok news depending on if it's subbed and if so by who. Unless they don't tell. Ah well.
Old 2004-11-19, 18:50   Link #28
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
What’s going to happen to the forum once it gets licensed?

I’m quite eager to see how things turn out around here once Naruto becomes taboo to talk about.

Edit.

Bleach forum anyone?
Nothing will change I think, other licensed series kept ther forum as well, FM Alchemist for example. And you'd still be able to talk about it but not where to get episodes. Besides the manga is allready licensed and it can be freely discussed.
Old 2004-11-19, 20:01   Link #29
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
It'll be the latter.
Why hasnt FMA gone to the Licenced forum then? Or One Piece?
Old 2004-11-19, 21:32   Link #30
Ogata
Underling

if it does get licensed and you see lil kids wearing headbands across north america... you know society will be ruined...
Old 2004-11-19, 23:01   Link #31
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Oh man, I hope Naruto doesn't turn into the next Pokemon with everyone being all corny and gay. ****, soon we'll have everyone thinking that Naruto was meant for 6-12 year olds.
Old 2004-11-19, 23:10   Link #32
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflip
Oh man, I hope Naruto doesn't turn into the next Pokemon with everyone being all corny and gay. ****, soon we'll have everyone thinking that Naruto was meant for 6-12 year olds.
Do you mean itll be corny and/or gay because of poor dubbing?
Old 2004-11-19, 23:35   Link #33
Avenger

im going tomorrow, is anyone else?
Old 2004-11-19, 23:59   Link #34
Kouji
StrykerX

I'm not. I'll just look at the ANN news. But either way, I could careless as there's still a possibility of a subber continuing the anime to it's end. Like what KF is doing for One Piece. Let alone that the extra subber might do the movie (Daikatsugeki!! Yukihime Ninpoucho Dattebayo!).
Old 2004-11-20, 00:37   Link #35
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogata
if it does get licensed and you see lil kids wearing headbands across north america... you know society will be ruined...
...like that doesn't happen already?

Going to anime cons - headband nation!

I was in line for the Incredibles when I saw some dude walking around the theater with a Leaf headband...
Old 2004-11-20, 02:04   Link #36
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
I just got back from the first night of the festival (mainly video game stuff). Their will be a screening of an episode of Naruto on Sunday afternoon, so im assuming that that will be a fully dubbed version. Also, Gonzo had a small tent that was screening trailers from some of thier shows. Thier was a list that said the name of the show and the company that had bought rights it, and Geneon was listed as having that Count of Monte Cristo anime. weeeee~
Old 2004-11-20, 03:46   Link #37
Kouji
StrykerX

Let's also face it guys, 4Kids will never learn their lesson on how to do good animes. Seeing as from the past they pretty had a bad reputation with Ultimate Muscle & Fighting Foodons (which was a crappy show). Let alone that these shows got taken off the air due to bad ratings.

On the other hand, if the dubbers with the likes of; Bandai, VIZ, FUNi or Geneon. Naruto would pretty much, match W.R (Wolf's Rain) supreme dub acting.

Last edited by Kouji; 2004-11-20 at 04:08.
Old 2004-11-20, 11:18   Link #38
Ogata
Underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
...like that doesn't happen already?

Going to anime cons - headband nation!

I was in line for the Incredibles when I saw some dude walking around the theater with a Leaf headband...
well i mean lil kids.. if it does become foxboxed god i hope not.. they alreayd ruined one piece and shaman king...
Old 2004-11-20, 12:10   Link #39
Rokl

I really hope someone continues to sub the series because if it stops I won't have any chance to watch it again. :I I live in Europe and I'm sure that we won't get it here in Finland ever.

And what's the point taking all the new subs away (100+) if they start to show it in the US starting from the first episode? I know that's the rules, but I don't still see the point.
Old 2004-11-20, 12:44   Link #40
iceyfw

It's fine with me if Bandai license it. They would do a good job on the dubbing but I'm not sure about the jutsu translations.
Closed Thread