Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-24, 20:16   Link #1
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
The Guilty Gear series

First created topic here at these forums, also make posts at gamefaqs, gamespot, jabbasworld, and playstation. Anyhow, have you guys played any of the Guilty Gear games, some of best graphics, gameplay, and soundtrack in any 2D fighter I've played yet. I also liked the extra anime clip included in X2, do you think there'll be an anime based on the series? That would be awesome.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 20:41   Link #2
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
I have the psx(one) guilt gear 1, and the PC version of guity gear X. I really liked the style of animation in the game and is one of the better fighters I played.
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 21:44   Link #3
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
I've played the first one and I have the second one in my possession. I agree that it's the best 2-D fighter game that I've played. The characters are interesting and I like how there is a story mode in the second one. The gameplay is pretty smooth, and the game can get quite challenging. Those goddamn missions! >_< The extra 5 min. animation is nice along with the cool intro too. Overall I love this game!
I don't think there is a Guilty Gear anime in the works, or at least I haven't heard anything about producing one. There's just the extra on the game. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Guilty Gear Isuka this year.
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 22:56   Link #4
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I just recently bought Guilty Gear X-2 and it's a blast, though my only complaint is that the game is a bit slow.

Then again, I'm used to the Capcom VS series where it's blazing fast fighting.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 19:32   Link #5
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

I had GGX+ which I bought on accident when I was in Japan. I meant to buy GGXX which wasn't out yet...In any case, I just sold GG+ plus for $70 on Ebay. I bought it for like $20 in Japan...I don't understand this...

Anyway, yeah, I have GGXX. It's the best 2D fighter that I will never be good at.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 20:34   Link #6
nak
Squishy

Send a message via AIM to nak
It's my favorite 2d fighting game because I am in love with the group of characters. And the game is just crazy all together.
nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 21:36   Link #7
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
I've played GGX and i found it pretty fun ... i like the characters and the graphics, as well as the specials and ... generally everything... ^^
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 22:08   Link #8
Keiokie

Send a message via MSN to Keiokie
I got GGX about a year ago, and I still find it to be amusing. I also like the Street Fighter games, and KOF isn't bad either.
Keiokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 00:40   Link #9
Hotaru
Miraioh

I've played all GG series, GGXX is the best fighting game ever. You will be addict to it when you know how to play exactly.
Hotaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 06:58   Link #10
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
i played ggXX in arcade; it's good, but i like kof better~
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 16:58   Link #11
ss_goku4
Perverted Teacher

Send a message via MSN to ss_goku4
I absolutely Love the Guilty Gear Series. The fighting engine is freakishly deep. The high-res graphics are off the hook for any fighting game. I just love the whole thing. X2 rocks right now, but I can't wait for GG Isuka to come out.
ss_goku4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 10:15   Link #12
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
From what I could tell, the GG storyline is pretty intriguing and complex. I've only got X2, but I'm eager to learn about the origin of the Gears, as well as all these other shadow assassins and whatnot.

And for some reason, Ky reminds me of FMP's Sousuke. I'm not entirely sure why.

It would be interesting if an anime were made out of it. Although after some of the fighter-to-anime conversions I've seen, I'm not sure if it's such a good idea.

I won't comment too much on the gameplay, since I suck. I like combos, but GGX2 is not a combo game.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 12:09   Link #13
taker666_666

Question help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zero
I have the psx(one) guilt gear 1, and the PC version of guity gear X. I really liked the style of animation in the game and is one of the better fighters I played.
I'm a big guilty gear fan, how do i get it for the pc. I was told there is a website to get it on. Please help me. my emai lis taker666_666@yahoo.com
taker666_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 12:10   Link #14
taker666_666

Question help me

I'm a big guilty gear fan, how do i get it for the pc. I was told there is a website to get it on. Please help me. my emai lis taker666_666@yahoo.com
taker666_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 13:38   Link #15
Shinigami
Shiki Fuujin

i also enjoyed the game, i think i read somewhere that they are doing a tag team version
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 03:07   Link #16
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami
i also enjoyed the game, i think i read somewhere that they are doing a tag team version
ur prolly talking about Guilty Gear Isuka
its coming out this november
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 09:24   Link #17
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
ur prolly talking about Guilty Gear Isuka
its coming out this november
Don't get your hopes up either. It really does not offer any big improvements over GGXX, and the 4-player mode was a dirty hack. The only redeeming quality was the VF4-like cardnet that they put in arcades, but I don't think we'll get that in America. Unless they do a home online version over Xbox live or something? Now that'd kick ass

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 13:05   Link #18
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
Don't get your hopes up either. It really does not offer any big improvements over GGXX, and the 4-player mode was a dirty hack. The only redeeming quality was the VF4-like cardnet that they put in arcades, but I don't think we'll get that in America. Unless they do a home online version over Xbox live or something? Now that'd kick ass

-Tofu
yea i know, and i heard theres no story line
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 13:05   Link #19
Shinigami
Shiki Fuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei

-Tofu
damn , i guess nothing will replace my marvel vs capcom 2
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 22:50   Link #20
Animositas

Guilty Gear explanation pleeease

Could someone explain the meaning of this video? It looks like one of three things:
-Game Introduction
-Trailer
-AMV (The video is displayed in DDR, along with the GG song "Blue water, blue sky"

http://www.filespoint.com/point/3048...GearX.avi.html
http://www.filespoint.com/point/3048...GearX.avi.html

If there IS an anime/video, could you umm..let me know?
Animositas is offline   Reply With Quote