Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-11, 14:30   Link #1
wavey_davey
Drifting through life~~

Send a message via AIM to wavey_davey Send a message via MSN to wavey_davey
Any Unlincensed Anime about male and male romance?

Hello all, was wondering if there was any unlicened anime about gay anime charactors? Like gravitation? sorry if I shouldn't post things like this here, and delete if nesecary, but I was just interested in the genre, thanks
Old 2004-12-11, 15:48   Link #2
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Meine Liebe has some shounen-ai-ish undertones. It's a great show in its own right, though, with stunning artwork, a plethora of fan-favorite seiyuu and some awesome swordfights.

Ultimately, however, you'd probably be better off waiting for Sukisyo or the upcoming Loveless OVA. The official Sukisyo site is located here. Apparently it's based on a yaoi dating sim, and it's supposed to start airing on January 8. I don't think the Loveless OVA has a definite release date yet, but I believe it's scheduled to come out at some point in spring 2005.
Old 2004-12-11, 18:56   Link #3
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey_davey
Hello all, was wondering if there was any unlicened anime about gay anime charactors? Like gravitation? sorry if I shouldn't post things like this here, and delete if nesecary, but I was just interested in the genre, thanks
Personally I can't come up with any, but this thread holds a few titles
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=24255

Hope this helps
Old 2004-12-11, 19:36   Link #4
domino
デレデレ

While not as blantantly romantic as Gravitation, unliscensed titles I've found on animesuki with male/male relationships that are HINTED at are:

Meine Liebe (very slight undertones)

Graduation M (silly little OVA that has a boy who seems to have a crush on another boy, and even tries to date him while playing the video game version of the Graduation M dating sim ^^; )

Saint Beast (I haven't seen it yet, but I will soon... I saw screencaps of a boy holding another boy's hand and blushing ^^; )

For future anime, look forward to the Sukinamonowa Sukidakara Shouganai (Sukisho) TV series in January (it's based off of a shonen ai video game).

For licensed anime, there are lots, but my favorite romance/comedies are Gravitation and the recently licensed Kyo Kara Mao.

I'm surprised by companies' sudden interest in male/male anime and manga o_o They get licensed so fast....
Old 2004-12-12, 16:01   Link #5
wavey_davey
Drifting through life~~

Send a message via AIM to wavey_davey Send a message via MSN to wavey_davey
well I might consider buying Gravitation (think thats the right spelling) after the crimbo period, is it any good?
Old 2004-12-12, 16:40   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey_davey
well I might consider buying Gravitation (think thats the right spelling) after the crimbo period, is it any good?
In conjunction with your other thread concerning manga, you might want to try the Gravitation manga before obtaining the anime. I didn't like it but then it's not my sort of thing.
Closed Thread