AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 20:59   Link #501
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

To me it just sounded like the sort of metallic clunking you'd expect of a hulking suit of armor.

On the topic of mjolnir armor I find it a little odd that they went with the MK VI (over the MK V) for Forward unto Dawn since the chief didn't actually get the MK VI until 2552 (start of halo 2).

Though in all honesty I didn't actually even notice until I read the posts above...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 21:05   Link #502
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
To me it just sounded like the sort of metallic clunking you'd expect of a hulking suit of armor.

On the topic of mjolnir armor I find it a little odd that they went with the MK VI (over the MK V) for Forward unto Dawn since the chief didn't actually get the MK VI until 2552 (start of halo 2).

Though in all honesty I didn't actually even notice until I read the posts above...
?????, Mark VI is correctly used in Halo 2 and then on, but the armor on Forward Unto Dawn should be the Mark IV or are you talking about the time when Chief was on the ship itself than the Live Action show.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 21:16   Link #503
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Forward unto dawn is supposed to be set before Halo 1 at the beginning of the human / Covenant war so he should be using one of the older sets like the MK IV or at a stretch for familiarities sake the MK V but instead hes clearly using the much later MK VI from halo 2.

Old 2012-10-27, 21:26   Link #504
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Forward unto dawn is supposed to be set before Halo 1 at the beginning of the human / Covenant war so he should be using one of the older sets like the MK IV or at a stretch for familiarities sake the MK V but instead hes clearly using the much later MK VI from halo 2.
How so, virtually all the armor looks relatively the same. The armor in the Live Action appears to be the Mart IV, the cover of the Book Halo Reach looks almost the same as the one depicted in the Live Action show. The one most notable difference between the Mark IV and later versions are that the Mark IV cannot hold an AI.
Old 2012-10-27, 21:33   Link #505
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

A quick comparison from google, it isnt the greastest comparison as the Halo anniversary model was a lot more detailed but it gives you an idea of what I mean.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Its the helmet that stands out the most as its shape is completely different with each iteration and overall they are all noticeably difference and if anything his armor is actually closer to that of halo 4's especially when you look at the slimmer visor and differences to the stomach area and shoulders.

Old 2012-10-27, 21:38   Link #506
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
A quick comparison from google, it isnt the greastest comparison as the Halo anniversary model was a lot more detailed but it gives you an idea of what I mean.

Its the helmet that stands out the most but they are all noticeably difference and if anything his armor is actually closer to that of halo 4's especially when you look at the slimmer visor and differences to the stomach area and shoulders.
Appearance, doesn't depict which armor is used, function is what matters as well timeline. Otherwise the armor of Halo 3 would be called a different set of armor than Halo 2 on appearance alone, but they are both still Mark VI. Halo 3 had different gauntlets and the trailer in Halo 4 was missing a piece of armor in the lower regions, but it was still the Mark VI.
Old 2012-10-27, 22:16   Link #507
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Appearance is my entire point, in F.U.D his armor looks like the MK VI when it should look more like the MK IV/V.

The appearance is synonymous with the different mjolnir versions and each iteration is instantly recognizable.

Also the MK VI was used in both halo 2 and 3 so why would it be called something different ? its appearance was basically identical with the minor differences being down to the better textures and such.

The differences in 4 are purely down to 343 wanting its own artistic identity so its still meant to be the MK VI and even though there are difference its still recognizable as the MK VI because of the likes of the helmet shape and such.

Old 2012-10-27, 22:24   Link #508
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Appearance is the entire point.

The appearance is synonymous with the different mjolnir versions and each iteration is instantly recognizable.

Also the MK VI was used in both halo 2 and 3 so why would it be called something different ? its appearance was basically identical with the minor differences being down to the better textures and such.

The differences in 4 are purely down to 343 wanting its own artistic identity so its still meant to be the MK VI and even though there are difference its still recognizable as the MK VI because of the likes of the helmet shape and such.
Not really, the Mark IV looks the same as the rest. The design is changed every year, pretty much the only way to find the difference is the way each armor function. Such as the Mark IV not having the ability to put an AI and the Mark VI having stronger and faster shields recover and higher physical abilities. Try to compare the Mark V of Jorge 052 with John 117's Mark V, and you'll get the difference on the appearances don't mean much.
Old 2012-10-28, 07:11   Link #509
Helius

I think it's better to simply settle on the fact that it's a glaring mistake on the part of the production team for failing to do proper research (or simply didn't care to), than to dwell on whether it should be MK IV or Mk V or Mk VI that the Chief wears.

....for clarity's sake, it ought to be the MK IV a la Spartans in Halo Wars.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 08:25   Link #510
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Exactly.

Moving on there are actually a few "making of" videos on youtube for forward un dawn for those interested.

Daniel Cudmore seems like a perfect fit for the chief as hes just huge !

There are some others showing stuntwork and a cool overview of the warthog.

Old 2012-10-29, 13:53   Link #511
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Not really, the Mark IV looks the same as the rest. The design is changed every year, pretty much the only way to find the difference is the way each armor function. Such as the Mark IV not having the ability to put an AI and the Mark VI having stronger and faster shields recover and higher physical abilities. Try to compare the Mark V of Jorge 052 with John 117's Mark V, and you'll get the difference on the appearances don't mean much.
Jorge Mk V is a granadier set. Well thats what i think
Old 2012-10-30, 08:00   Link #512
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 14:13   Link #513
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Just like i said, the Infinity can simply ram a Covenant ship and not a single shit was given by the UNSC lol.
Old 2012-10-30, 14:31   Link #514
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

They're really putting allot of effort into Spartan Ops, aren't they? It's pretty ambitious to tie in an extra campaign narrative into the coop experiance, and have it updated like a TV series.

I wonder if Season 1 of Spartan Ops is going to be a commercial to encourage people to buy DLC for future season?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 05:18   Link #515
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Is Spartan Ops incl. with standard Halo 4? Or just limited edition :<
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 05:25   Link #516
Destined_Fate

Well, the head girl of Halo 4 said that they're going to try much harder to change the image of Halo(so it isn't seen by most as just a boys club) and that they will be cracking down much harder on sexism, racism, and plain offensiveness.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 08:45   Link #517
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ when has any of that been in halo?
Old 2012-10-31, 09:23   Link #518
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

To be fair while it does have its share of "troublemakers" (to be polite) it just doesn't have anywhere near the volume of them as say the call of duty games so personally I never seen it as a massive issue beside as unlike some other online games your not forced into game chat so you can just party chat with friends if you wanted or if you preferred to stay in game chat you can simply mute anyone with a push of a button via the scoreboard or lobby menu.

That said I've seen tons of girls playing through out all of the halo games and maybe more than any other game I've played on xbox live so I wouldn't call it an all boys club.

Khu its not limited to the special edition so anyone can play, the only thing I can recall that you get extra with the special edition regarding spartan ops is some exclusive armour sets.

Old 2012-10-31, 09:43   Link #519
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
The first season of Spartan Ops will be free.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 11:50   Link #520
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
No, a pass for the first season of Spartan ops come with all copies of Halo 4. Not used copies I'm guessing though. At least if somebody had already used the code to to activate spartan ops on their own profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well, the head girl of Halo 4 said that they're going to try much harder to change the image of Halo(so it isn't seen by most as just a boys club) and that they will be cracking down much harder on sexism, racism, and plain offensiveness.
That's less of an issue for Halo, and more of an issue with Xbox live.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117