AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 77 37.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 65 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.95%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-09, 16:10   Link #81
Mentar
Banned

That was enjoyable! A 9 from me!
Old 2006-03-09, 16:12   Link #82
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Interesting episode, more action-packed than I thought it would be.

So it's confirmed that that is indeed Aoi in the hospital bed, but wtf was Smith doing?

And now we have more and more connections between Otome and HiME. Miyu is essentially a carbon copy of her HiME counterpart. I wonder if this is an alternate reality...

So, Sergay gets stabbed by Miyu, Nina comes in right at the worst time and jumps to conclusions again, and we get another nuclear explosion.

But am I seeing two Mikotos here? And what I mean is two fat cats. Interesting.

And as I suspected, we are treated to Mai right at the tail end, oh well, episode 23 seems to be full of her. Will we finally know the full story of the Fire String Ruby? Who she fell in love with? How she got out of that forest (if that's even true).

I must say Tomoe was badass this episode. Finally she gets to kick some ass. I was worried that Miyu would kill her but the North Hound sacrificed himself.

But the North Hound can't just go out like that can he? He's escaped death so many times coming out virtually unscathed. Did Miyu use her character shield sword on him?!

I chuckled when I say "The Hexagon" in Aries.

I can't believe Fia went out like that though! It was too quick!! Much to quick! Dammit she didn't have enough time to shine.

So 4 episode left and we still haven't seen any action from the Five Pillars, or some of the other countries' Otome. This show could've used some extra episodes for better exposition.

It feels like the ball has been picked up once again, but I don't think all will be wrapped up tidily.

I never vote on the rating of the episode, but I'd give this episode an 8/10.
Old 2006-03-09, 16:22   Link #83
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma

But am I seeing two Mikotos here? And what I mean is two fat cats. Interesting.
In fact there are three Mikotos:
X-shaped scar Mikoto = Mashiro's
Lambda shaped scar Mikoto = Confronted Miyu
Moon-shaped scar Mikoto = On top of Natsuki's car

Wondering if there's a connection between the fat cats Mikoto and the three pieces that operate the Harmonium.
Old 2006-03-09, 16:24   Link #84
Retsoor

twh, he's not dead, yet. I'm not sure if Miyu said she missed the vital points (classic) or if she tried to "but...", hopefully the former. Despite the more or less general consensus of Sergey being the source of all death, disease and hunger in the world there are still people rooting for him. I'd think Chie got him safely out of harm's way there, and as for the wound, he's Sergey right? It's just a flesh wound.

That said, best episode in a while, but the largely discrepant preview turned me off a ways. Hopefully the rest of the episode was too important to be previewed, despite the bulk of the main cast being busy washing their nooks and crannies.
Old 2006-03-09, 16:26   Link #85
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Can't grasp some fans's obsession with Sergey dying? All the shitty stuff that he's done recently was relunctant and knew that was wrong.

Believe me that he would want a piece of Nagi, if were in a better position to plan and act.
Old 2006-03-09, 16:34   Link #86
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Sadly, what was most surprising was that they played "Dhuran Shoukan" with a little bit of "Materialise!" at the end with Mikoto and Mai. Hearing those first few notes made me more excited than the rest of the episode... Or rather, that was an extra exciting way to end the episode considering I didn't expect it at all.

Anyway, despite Mai's 3 second cameo, this episode was still really great. Tanaka Rie's voice acting ability still leaves me baffled-- her "insane" voice for Tomoe was great, and she still managed to sound different with Fia. <3 *swoon*
[edit: I just watched the preview for 23, and LOL @ Miyu and Tomoe.]

I can't wait to see next week's episode, if not for them unveiling Mai immediately after the end of this episode, with her going "what kind of ramen do you like?" Ah, Sunrise, you should just reunite the trio from MH and -not- shaft their personalities.
Old 2006-03-09, 16:38   Link #87
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Rie Tanaka really is great. At first I thought all she could do was those sweet Nadesico Yamato types (I've only seen a few of her roles) but her performances as Suigin Tou, Meer Campbell, Yomi (from Azumanga Daioh), and her Otome roles prove she can do both sides of the spectrum. I need more insane Rie now.
Old 2006-03-09, 16:47   Link #88
ifhaseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon
Sadly, what was most surprising was that they played "Dhuran Shoukan" with a little bit of "Materialise!" at the end with Mikoto and Mai. Hearing those first few notes made me more excited than the rest of the episode... Or rather, that was an extra exciting way to end the episode considering I didn't expect it at all.
I nearly jumped out of my chair when I heard that! Bringing Mai into the sequel/spin-off with a bit of HiME music lead-in followed by the main theme of Otome sent shivers down my spine. In a good way.

Awesome action-packed episode, but I really wish the series were longer. It just doesn't seem like they'll be able to fit everything in in the remaining four episodes, especially since Mai and Mikoto just appeared and all... and the next episode features RAMEN and HOT SPRINGS?
Old 2006-03-09, 17:11   Link #89
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifhaseth
I nearly jumped out of my chair when I heard that! Bringing Mai into the sequel/spin-off with a bit of HiME music lead-in followed by the main theme of Otome sent shivers down my spine. In a good way.

Awesome action-packed episode, but I really wish the series were longer. It just doesn't seem like they'll be able to fit everything in in the remaining four episodes, especially since Mai and Mikoto just appeared and all... and the next episode features RAMEN and HOT SPRINGS?
Yeah, that song always gives me chills, but hearing it in MO was very, very cool.

Part of me wants to believe 25+26 is just an hour special and the series will continue for a little while longer, but... unfortunately I don't see that happening. Ah well, given the nature of preview teasers, I'm sure there's more to the next episode than just ramen and hot springs.

And I freaking knew it. The Valkyrie robes transform like Gundams... or more specifically, Aegis and M1 Astrays.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:14   Link #90
Amaiko

After a quickie, partial watch through the raw (no time to translate really, have to leave for class soon):

1. I think Annan's up to something. Their arrival at Aries was not only awfully convenient, but Annan is where Erstin was from, right? And Erstin's whole family "for generations" had been part of Schwarz...and the King gave Ein a sideways look after Natsuki got all happy over their offer. I don't trust them.

2. Where did Cardair get all those other, Meister-looking Otome besides Fia? Was that their answer to Artai's Valkyries?

3. Not only does Nina appear in a vortex with glowing red eyes even before she notices that Sergei's wounded, her voice gets really distorted when she goes nuts on Arika, and I don't think it's just from rage. Sounds like something else is trying to speak through her. Not only that, the lit-up Harmonium looked rather sinister when Nagi first brought Nina there, and I think she made a comment about how the lullaby suddenly sounded sad. And there was also the way the Ultimate Black Diamond reacted to her approaching the Harmonium, glows the entire time she's at the Harmonium, and again when she went berserk...Perhaps the Ultimate Black Diamond is the "Dark Power" in a crystallized form?

4. "Alyssa-ojousama, lend me your power!"--Miyu then proceeds to whip out Artemis. "Searrs for the Golden Millenium". I'd say it's pretty damn certain that Miyu is the same Miyu from Hime at this point.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:15   Link #91
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifhaseth

Ah, it appears that Ep 23 will be time for the obligatory 'Onsen Eppy'. And since we can't have Natsuki or Shizuru in the hot springs, they'll give us Mai and Miyu. ...I'll take 'em!!

Although, I must say that I'm kinda horrified that people are now screaming for Sergay's bloody death now... I mean, what did he do to deserve such a fate? Or are people just that hungry for a juicy death... -_- Do people WANT to see a berserk Arika, Nina, and Mai rampaging across the world, destroying all in their wake, nothing to say about Mashiro messing up badly on the Harmonium by singing off key and bringing on the Apocalyspe... #_#
...Who am I kidding, that's exactly what you bloody people want.

Next you'll see something like this: Mai and Mikoto are gathering up the '7 Neko Mikotos' to call upon the Eternal Dragon (Kagutsuchi - who can only talk in whale speech) to then wish everyone back to normal/life. Since they can only be gathered once every 300 years, Miyu, the Immortal Guardian of the Millenium Queen, oversees the breeding lines of each cat to make sure that there are 7 exact cats with different sigils each three centuries.
EDIT: Do NOT make a fan fic out of that idea...PLEASE!!!
Old 2006-03-09, 17:45   Link #92
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twh
I'm only going by screenshots and banter from this thread (since I never really cared if I got spoiled or not) and I'm starting to think that there's something terribly wrong with a series that 'kills' off the ONLY competent character with a butt-ugly robot whose involvement with the story has been minute at best. And why all the Sergei hate? It's unwarrented, I tell you! And after all that's happened, we have an ONSEN Episode?! Double U, Tee, Eff, man.
Good question, I'm kinda curious as to where all this hatred for Sergay is coming from or is everyone just thirsty for blood?

If Miyu is this powerful I'm wondering just how anyone, including Otomes, can stand up to her. I mean, they might as well just have her walk into Windbloom and take out Nagi right there.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:50   Link #93
imperialmog

Send a message via AIM to imperialmog Send a message via Yahoo to imperialmog
I think the scariest thing is having multiple fat cats. I feel sorry for Mai since I think she'll need larger cooking utensils. I take it the fat cats are going to be significant as well.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:57   Link #94
wavey_davey
Drifting through life~~

Send a message via AIM to wavey_davey Send a message via MSN to wavey_davey
I really hope Hime and Otome are connected series! But I do agree... are they going to fit everything they want into these last few episodes?

The thing with nina.. maybe we have a Obsidan (cannot spell it ) Lord coming through? And I wonder if the blue star has any significance? :S
Old 2006-03-09, 18:05   Link #95
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
(The follwing is NOT specifically directed at Souten no Seigyoku, but the many people I met in blogs and forums...)

I am saying this, because there are still people out there who believe, completely without evidence, that Shwartz has brain-washing technology. There are NUTCASES out there who still thinks black GEMs (or even the black envelopes themselves) brainwash perfectly normal citizens into Shwartz pawns, when EVERY available evidence shows otherwise.heads!!!
I never thought there was brainwashing. However, in the case of the gems, I think there's something that literally forces the Valkerie into complaince w/o brainwashing. A green-sparkly thing doesnt work because they still have free will and opting for self sacrafice defeats it. Rather, they flip a switch and you become a drone of sorts. Completely aware of what theyre doing, but unable to stop it.

For anyone who watches Stargate SG1, its like the Goau'ld host typle of thing.
Old 2006-03-09, 18:14   Link #96
Anime Adoru

Yay, this was fun. Good action, some development, and, as has already been observed, at least three different Mikotos (or an artist with too much sake):

No idea what that means. An army of Mikoto the cat clones?
Old 2006-03-09, 18:22   Link #97
Anime Adoru

More screenshots:

Thumb through epi 22: Mai Otome Episode 22 Thumb-Thru

View poster: Mai Otome Episode 22 Poster
Old 2006-03-09, 18:24   Link #98
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
So it's confirmed that that is indeed Aoi in the hospital bed, but wtf was Smith doing?
i think they got mashiro's part of the song from aoi.
because she was the person closest to mashiro, she knows it... or something like that
Old 2006-03-09, 19:09   Link #99
twh
Something or other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Can't grasp some fans's obsession with Sergey dying? All the shitty stuff that he's done recently was relunctant and knew that was wrong.

Believe me that he would want a piece of Nagi, if were in a better position to plan and act.
Well, you see, unlike, oh say, Natsuki and Shizuru and the rest of the frickin cast, he's actually DOING SOMETHING!

Also, I got a feeling that despite his loyalty to Nagi, Sergei's ready to go turncoat once he finds out what Nagi's subjecting Nina to. Adopted or no, or for the sake of being Artai's Otome, I don't think the North Hound would take kindly of Nagi tossing caution to the wind with regards to his daughter.

To quote 'Anthem' from Chess: "Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart. My land's only borders lie around my heart." And Nina, as his daughter, is inside those borders. The best thing I could ever hope to happen would be Sergei 'declaring war' on Nagi... for lack of a better piece of hyperbole.

Last edited by twh; 2006-03-09 at 19:29.
Old 2006-03-09, 19:15   Link #100
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
i think they got mashiro's part of the song from aoi.
because she was the person closest to mashiro, she knows it... or something like that
Spoiler:
Closed Thread