AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 37 25.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 32.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 22.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-18, 21:29   Link #221
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Mikoto beats Mai, even when she materialise her Fire Stirring Ruby Robe.
And i don't think she is weak, since she is one of the 5 pillars, and considered as an exceptionnel otome when arika was told her "fairy tale".

not to mention that mikoto sounds like highly linked with the harmonium...
and also how she defeats Arika with such ease proves how powerful mikoto is.
Old 2006-03-18, 22:18   Link #222
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Mai-Otome episode 23 out from Doremi-fansubs.

There's some issues with this episode, notably we didn't have our encoder here this week. Check website for more details.

Good episode overall, but loses in having too much plot at too late of the series.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-03-18, 22:35   Link #223
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Mai-Otome episode 23 out from Doremi-fansubs.
Yay! Thanks again for your hard work!
Old 2006-03-19, 00:00   Link #224
FlyByNite

Well if Mikoto has to train Arika to be a great Otome and Mai is training Mashiro to be a great Queen and this is episode 23.

This series is going to be 200+ episodes...

...yes I know the actual ep count...
Old 2006-03-19, 00:33   Link #225
DrewGSR

uhhh, the preview for the next episode esspecially the part between Nina and Sergey = WTF. Though i doubt it will happen wouldn't be funny if it did. That would make it pwn the hell out of Koi Kaze lol
Old 2006-03-19, 00:41   Link #226
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
uhhh, the preview for the next episode esspecially the part between Nina and Sergey = WTF. Though i doubt it will happen wouldn't be funny if it did. That would make it pwn the hell out of Koi Kaze lol
If it did happened,

Then those people that valantly defended Sergay's integrity, AKA VCV, would all drop their mouths to the ground and stay there for a bit It would be a scene.
Old 2006-03-19, 00:56   Link #227
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Of course, if we assume that this in fact is true, the question "Why?" needs to be answered. It's hardly plausible that no Otome had eloped prior to Mai, what's the point of coming up with this story when they could have just told the students some real life otome dramas?
Why? I think you basically answered your own question. What would a better answer than saying "she eloped with a guy" and hence, created a better drama in otomes' life, even if it is fake? Like you said, Mai can't be the first otome eloped in the history of otome and yeah, people love that stuff.
Old 2006-03-19, 01:11   Link #228
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
Koi Kaze was a guy getting involved with his OWN BLOOD SISTER. I think the only way to top that would be if Sergey really was Nina's Dad.

Yea she calls him Father, but in reality he's only been raising her for what 6 years I think?

Woody Allen hooked up with his adopted daughter.
Old 2006-03-19, 02:08   Link #229
FrankTinsley@mac.com

Downloading too slow! MUST SEE NEXT EPISODE NOW! GWARG!
Old 2006-03-19, 02:37   Link #230
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
If it did happened,

Then those people that valantly defended Sergay's integrity, AKA VCV, would all drop their mouths to the ground and stay there for a bit It would be a scene.
What is there to defend?

Sergay's integrity thus far has been flawless.

The only accusations handed out by others were along the lines of "Next time, he would rape a girl for sure!", even though nothing ever takes place. To be accused of future actions is most peculiar, I have to say. Especially of all those people who wants him to be killed as punishment for... what, exactly?
Old 2006-03-19, 02:44   Link #231
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Because his name isn't Tate and he isn't in love with Mai, of course! *puts on flame suit*
Old 2006-03-19, 03:12   Link #232
USCPharmacist

It is just me or is the onsen look exactly like where Mai walked out to when she confronted OL at the end of episode 25?

Except now the "spaceship" thingy is gone....
Old 2006-03-19, 03:26   Link #233
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
It is just me or is the onsen look exactly like where Mai walked out to when she confronted OL at the end of episode 25?

Except now the "spaceship" thingy is gone....
Interesting. although the big whole from MH is now replaced with this T-shaped crack in MO. Are they bathing in toxic waste!?
Old 2006-03-19, 04:14   Link #234
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Interesting. although the big whole from MH is now replaced with this T-shaped crack in MO. Are they bathing in toxic waste!?
I was thinking that too, that water looked ositively revolting.

It really seems like Mashiro is a random lucky girl who got picked to be princess right now, but I'm still having doubts. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that Sunrise picked the character -Mashiro- to be one of the three girls, why didn't they just create an otome original like Arika and Nina in that case?
Old 2006-03-19, 05:28   Link #235
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Perhaps its that everyone has gotten bigger, but is it me or is Mai-Chan in this series substantially flatter?
Old 2006-03-19, 05:33   Link #236
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
I was thinking that too, that water looked ositively revolting.

It really seems like Mashiro is a random lucky girl who got picked to be princess right now, but I'm still having doubts. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that Sunrise picked the character -Mashiro- to be one of the three girls, why didn't they just create an otome original like Arika and Nina in that case?
If you read my theory in the Spoiler section, you might not think it's such a strange choice after all.

After all, the only person yet to appear is Fumi herself, and in Mai Hime Fumi has always been seen with Mashiro.
Even Miyu agree that the MH Mashiro is connected to Fumi. So it shouldn't take long for us to find out who Mashiro is... Most likely in spectacular fashion, if I am any judge of Sunrise.

(Just check out my theory in the Spoilers section... Tell me what you think .)
Old 2006-03-19, 07:46   Link #237
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Why? I think you basically answered your own question. What would a better answer than saying "she eloped with a guy" and hence, created a better drama in otomes' life, even if it is fake? Like you said, Mai can't be the first otome eloped in the history of otome and yeah, people love that stuff.
But it's freaking pointless apart from shoving a red herring down the viewers collective throats. It's like someone telling a young Hollywood star a fictional story about divorces among movie stars in order to warn her about the big possibility of divorce - absolutely no need for that since there are so many real divorces there. And if we assume that it's just a cover up story what was the point of showing a silhoutte that looked much like Sergei? Just another red herring? Maybe the writers were embarrassed by the absurdity of the story of Mikoto eating Mai's ring (or was it GEM?) so they decided to reveal it in episode 23 when the viewers would be so relieved that Mai is back they wouldn't care.

Old 2006-03-19, 07:47   Link #238
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
If you read my theory in the Spoiler section, you might not think it's such a strange choice after all.

After all, the only person yet to appear is Fumi herself, and in Mai Hime Fumi has always been seen with Mashiro.
Even Miyu agree that the MH Mashiro is connected to Fumi. So it shouldn't take long for us to find out who Mashiro is... Most likely in spectacular fashion, if I am any judge of Sunrise.

(Just check out my theory in the Spoilers section... Tell me what you think .)
Well, it seems like we agree on that -something- has to be up with Mashiro, and I would place my bets on something that has to do with Fumi too (since yes, lets trust Miyu). But on the contrary, I'm having difficulties to believe that Mashiro would be a melee triumph card in the final conflict - for no other reason than that the whole second OP would then make absolutely no sense.

I'm not expecting something as revolting as Mashiro being a hidden uber-otome, but I do agree on that we should expect a surprise from her, and her possible connection with Fumi. Miyu has been carpet-bombing us with pseudo-Hime connections (And now Mikoto shows up with a frigging Hime mark on her arm, dear lords), I wouldn't be surprised if Mashiro's origins turned out to be some part of that.

I love how Miyu (if anyone) finally mentioned that the Shinso had a master too in his episode, since this seems to have been quite ignored thus far. And I also love how the rest of what she said had absolutely no relevance to the Shinso's master XD. Miyu -could- be mentioning it because Mashiro may soon be put in the same position as Fumi's master once was in, being the master of a Otome out to stop a gigantic war. Or, it could be a clue to Mashiro's true identity.

Personally, I think Sunrise is trying to send us hints in that direction. I mean christ,
I actually forgot about that Fumi must have had a master to act as an UN enforcer. O_o And considering her role in MH, who else would that be than the -character- Mashiro? (

EDIT: I just noticed something when I re-watched. Miyu and Nao in the Onsen...wtf? O_o

Last edited by Shigan; 2006-03-19 at 08:09.
Old 2006-03-19, 08:37   Link #239
astrallionheart

Yeah, it looks like Nao's hair got cut up into a spiky mess and she's got the face of a 12-year old boy discovering the joys of women's bodies.
Old 2006-03-19, 09:41   Link #240
wavey_davey
Drifting through life~~

Send a message via AIM to wavey_davey Send a message via MSN to wavey_davey
In the doremi subs.. Miyu calls Mikoto a Otome... could it be that over the generations Hime are now called otome? Prehaps Fumi Shinso was a Hime.. and that is why her body can produce those Gems? Same With Rena? Prehaps I am just wishing too much for a big connection. But how the heck can they conclude this well in 3 episodes? Do you think they may be another series to this?
Closed Thread