AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-20, 10:44   Link #401
Liddo-kun
is this so?

With the decent screentime Carol got this season. Made me feel nostalgic and watched the final episode of GX again. Sad what happened to her dad, I now remember why she's angry at miracles. Adult Carol vs Hibiki is intense.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-22, 18:09   Link #402
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
With the decent screentime Carol got this season. Made me feel nostalgic and watched the final episode of GX again. Sad what happened to her dad, I now remember why she's angry at miracles. Adult Carol vs Hibiki is intense.
Rewatching the last episode of GX makes me really happy how they handled things in XV. I always felt incredibly dissatisfied with how things played out there. It just didn't feel right. In a sense Hibiki did utterly fail in what she set out to do. She didn't save Carol at all. She simply saved her body which was handed over to Elfnein. This season at least brought Carol back and let her shine enough to make that last ditch effort in GX worthwhile. And it also allowed Elfnein to be proactive since without tinkering in her own mind there would have been no chance for Carol to restore herself.

And out of a lot of villains in the show, I could get Carol. Her father was a selfless individual who went above and beyond to save a village. His reward for such goodness was being brutally murdered. There aren't many forms of execution I'd put above being burned alive in terms of horribleness. Her loss of sanity and twisting her father's mission into something murderous didn't seem all that unbelievable.
Old 2019-10-22, 20:50   Link #403
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Edit: Forgot to say this, but Iguchi Yuka is wonderful as Shem-ha. Hope she'll get more chances in the future to use what I call her Kaga voice =3
Don't worry, you might hear that on Azur Lane if Kawakaze is appears in anime..

Speaking about the voice acting, did anyone noticed that Tsubasa's voice was not really deep in S1 & G..?

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-23, 05:45   Link #404
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Rewatching the last episode of GX makes me really happy how they handled things in XV. I always felt incredibly dissatisfied with how things played out there. It just didn't feel right. In a sense Hibiki did utterly fail in what she set out to do. She didn't save Carol at all. She simply saved her body which was handed over to Elfnein. This season at least brought Carol back and let her shine enough to make that last ditch effort in GX worthwhile. And it also allowed Elfnein to be proactive since without tinkering in her own mind there would have been no chance for Carol to restore herself.

And out of a lot of villains in the show, I could get Carol. Her father was a selfless individual who went above and beyond to save a village. His reward for such goodness was being brutally murdered. There aren't many forms of execution I'd put above being burned alive in terms of horribleness. Her loss of sanity and twisting her father's mission into something murderous didn't seem all that unbelievable.
episode 12 of GX is a good rewatch as well. We see the heroism of Dr.Ver --- he did manage to become a hero. I think the chip he gave to Maria contained the formula for making Linker?

Carol at her best is so powerful. If Hibiki and the others did not stop her destroying the world. Shem-ha would have nothing left in XV. Why lift the curse of Balal when there's no more planet left?

for what happened to Carol's dad, it's really a terrible thing. But her revenge is misplaced, because the people who committed the crime against them are long dead. She is shooting some random innocent people, instead of shooting the criminals.
Old 2019-10-23, 12:46   Link #405
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
episode 12 of GX is a good rewatch as well. We see the heroism of Dr.Ver --- he did manage to become a hero. I think the chip he gave to Maria contained the formula for making Linker?

Carol at her best is so powerful. If Hibiki and the others did not stop her destroying the world. Shem-ha would have nothing left in XV. Why lift the curse of Balal when there's no more planet left?

for what happened to Carol's dad, it's really a terrible thing. But her revenge is misplaced, because the people who committed the crime against them are long dead. She is shooting some random innocent people, instead of shooting the criminals.
I never had much issue for the direction of her anger. It was towards humanity and concepts they cling to after all. Not as if discrimination, grasping for miracles while fearing the unknown, or lashing out at people that you don't understand are social aspects unique to that village. People are people. You either find ways to accept the ugliness of humanity or you don't. Carol just fell into the latter camp.

In a sense Carol would have utterly destroyed Shem-ha without realizing it. No humanity means no Shem-ha. Of course hardly the most ideal solution since...no humanity. So was certainly all for the best in putting a stop to that kind of extremely destructive plan.
Old 2019-11-07, 04:30   Link #406
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

https://twitter.com/DGDCrimsonOne/st...47100018434048

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKU-SAN!!!!
Old 2019-11-07, 13:06   Link #407
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

A happy birthday to Miku. I'll share some cake .
Old 2019-11-10, 08:32   Link #408
Liddo-kun
is this so?

There will be some special episodes.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/40659/...nai_Symphogear
Old 2019-11-10, 17:21   Link #409
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

Quote:
There will be some special episodes.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/40659/...nai_Symphogear
WOW! The chibi version coming next month?!
Nice job.
Old 2019-11-13, 14:15   Link #410
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I love those short chibi episodes ! They do such a nice job bridging the gap between seasons and add to the story overall. Can't wait for the first one which should involve Chris losing it over a DVD provided to her showing off the kinds of guns she obsessively used this season.

Also looking forward to the coming bluray releases for the songs that will be on them.
Old 2019-11-25, 11:08   Link #411
tuckersister

If there is going to be a Chris spinoff series, would you be for it?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-26, 21:17   Link #412
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
If there is going to be a Chris spinoff series, would you be for it?
There are only so many ways I could say yes to that question . I do wonder what they might do in the future though. I think you could certainly do more with Chris. With her set to graduate and not having a set career in place she could basically be written in a lot of directions. Could pick up the S1 goal of following after the goal her parents were seeking. But even in that there are different ways a potential spinoff could go.

If they go anywhere with a spinoff I'd still kind of see Kirika/Shirabe making a lot of sense. There's a lot left you could explore there. While they heavily pointed towards a potential relative for Shirabe, she never realized it. Kirika's past outside of her lack of a known birthday was rather unexplored as well. Most of the main cast have their pasts or futures pretty well explored, but there is room to explore for the two of them.

But I guess it all remains speculation. Could just let the franchise rest here and be satisfied. But there are spinoff routes they could explore if there is a desire to do so.
Old 2019-11-27, 16:57   Link #413
CptChaos

Finally! A western release of XDU coming next year!
CptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-28, 22:57   Link #414
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptChaos View Post
I've been playing the Japanese version since it launched a couple of years ago. I hope whoever is in charge of releasing the game globally don't turn it into a complete cash grab. You know altering drop rates, skipping events and censoring the game. That happens everytime a game goes global.
Old 2019-12-09, 20:31   Link #415
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

I won't lie but I will stay with the Japanese version because I started it like 2 years ago and all my hardwork is there especially I got most of my strongest team as well and the story tooks me 1 week to fnish it and since I learn Japanese, I am already fine without English version of the game.
Old 2019-12-10, 19:24   Link #416
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

On XDU I'll definitely jump in both feet first when it does arrive. I lamented that I just couldn't get myself into the Japanese version. Not that it wasn't possible to play it, but without translations in the game itself, I just couldn't get invested. But with it coming out I'll be far more interested in putting together a good team (one member needing to be Chris) and having fun with it.

The first shinai ova episode for XV was fun to watch. You knew it was going to focus on Chris' birthday since the show mentioned it, but skipped right past it. And it was fun. The various characters pondering what they wanted/could get for her. Plenty of little ship moments from Maria/Tsubasa, Kirika/Shirabe, and Hibiki/Miku. The party was fun and the presents very much fit in terms of the people giving them.
Old 2019-12-11, 11:34   Link #417
marconii2002

Anime has ended mods to work and move this thread to properly forum section.
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-17, 13:06   Link #418
Liddo-kun
is this so?

song cover by Hoshino Mea and Asano Ruri.

Old 2019-12-25, 09:36   Link #419
tuckersister

Symphogear Live 2020 starts 9/13/20. That's a huge gap! It must be worth the wait.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-28, 04:45   Link #420
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

It's Chris-san
birthday! - https://twitter.com/DGDCrimsonOne/st...772840449?s=19

And Merry Xmas everyone!

Tags
action, badass.mc, bishoujo, music