AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-05, 20:39   Link #1
Manta Oyamada
Issei Ougi!

Anyone play Guilty Gear X2?

It's not really based off an anime, but it has anime graphics and music...
Manta Oyamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 21:47   Link #2
SåßrêStrïké

Send a message via AIM to SåßrêStrïké
Very good game, I'd actually like to see them make an anime out of it, like Gungrave... who knows.
SåßrêStrïké is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 22:57   Link #3
mah_damey

this game was too hard.. it didnt rlly have nething simple like a down-curl foward punch, like the haduken... all these combos.. too complicated..
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 23:18   Link #4
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

oh i swore i saw rosette from chrno crusade in that game!...or someone that looks just like her
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 23:43   Link #5
mah_damey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
oh i swore i saw rosette from chrno crusade in that game!...or someone that looks just like her
i think u thinking about that girl who has one angel wing n one devil wing or wutever.. at least, i thot of rosette when i saw her.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 14:47   Link #6
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

The thing I dont like about it is that if you are winning in the beginning, i.e. you do a lot of damage to your opponents life bar, you start doing next to nothing damage wise. Meanwhile the person who was losing in the beginning is doing major damage with moves that arent even all that powerful. Its almost better, and yes I've done it before, to let the other person start off strong and get them afterwards. Other than that, its a great game with cool finishers.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 15:42   Link #7
Tsu
Burorororou

Send a message via MSN to Tsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
You mean Bridget?

That's a guy, by the way >>;;

Guilty Gear XX is my favourite 2D fighter; I just love how there simply aren't any 'normal' character, how the physics engine is almost platformer-like and that the gameplay seems to get deeper every time I play it
Tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 20:44   Link #8
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah_damey
this game was too hard.. it didnt rlly have nething simple like a down-curl foward punch, like the haduken... all these combos.. too complicated..
Eh what? There are D-DF-F+Punch moves in there. Are you sure you have played GG? The main good guy (blond guy in white w sword) Ky Kiske has his basic move list almost like SF's Ryu.

I bought and played it a bit (XBox) but most of my time on the XBox is still on Ninja Gaiden (darn good). But I dabbled on the Story mode for Ky Kiske. I don't like the presentation. Just flashes of their faces with speech. No BGM, no background scenes...

Best name: Sol Badguy

When I first saw someone playing GG at the arcade, I swear his Zato-1 seems very cheap. Seems like Zato-1 can hit anyone at any angle any time...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 23:05   Link #9
naninani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsu
You mean Bridget?

That's a guy, by the way >>;;

Guilty Gear XX is my favourite 2D fighter; I just love how there simply aren't any 'normal' character, how the physics engine is almost platformer-like and that the gameplay seems to get deeper every time I play it
OMG wat a fruity looking guy
naninani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 01:19   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Bridget really amuses me actually. In anime there have been tons of girls raised as guys. Bridget is the only guy raised as a girl that I have ever heard of.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 10:13   Link #11
Oblodra
High Priest of Cheese

guilty gear x/xx is nice! the graphics r so good, the characters each so unique with no similarities between each, and their moves r v. flashy too, especially when u pull off specials, air combos or 1-hit ko moves... i like johnny's and millia's instant kill moves.
zato 1? its not that he can hit anyone from anywhere... he just can attack fixed places without moving... easily...
ky kiske is the easiest character to use in the game, cos u can pull combos off easily that do lots of dmg, and his moves r the most similar to sf/kof moves. theres others too, like sol badguy, or maybe johnny or may. parhaps u chose dizzy...

the story mode is just an elaboration on the character's stories... u know theres a story behind all this, right? and its pretty eleborate too... but yea, too bad theres no animation, just speech. fighting robo ky was cool, though. i couldnt concentrate on the fight, i was listening to the twisted song of "Holy Orders?" =) i loved their soundtracks...

btw, the more combos u hit, the less dmg the subsequent attack does... so if u pull off a 20 hit combo (eg, millia rage's uber powerful SSSssssss or semicircle back ssssssss) u will prob end up doing 1 dmg at the end... thats prob y, swiftstar... and u can also easily perfect the opponent or win with more than 3/4 life. the people r just that powerful.

bridget is real amusing. his teddy bear is cute too =X

anyone has a favourite character? mine would be uhhh... lemme see... uhhh... millia, i guess...
Oblodra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 13:08   Link #12
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Its an excellent game, extremely fun and addictive, but very hard to beat. Its a great addon to my game collection. My favorite character would be Chipp, the Ky.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 01:32   Link #13
dojoo
Japanese Translator???

Ok people
As a long GG player let me say one thing

"Oh my god is that Bridget in this Anime Chrono Crusade!!!!!!!"

I haven't seen CC and thats what I said

by the way May is the best
"yamda saaaaaaaan"
"chouzetsu souzetsu kirimomi dai senpuuuuuuuu"
"Delux Goshogawara Bombeeeerrrrrrrr"
dojoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 17:11   Link #14
ss_goku4
Perverted Teacher

Send a message via MSN to ss_goku4
GGX2.......An Awesome game! Its like I never tire of it. It gets better and better. What other game gives you a hell of a challenge with a 999 levels of Survival..? and those missions..... wow... thats a great challenge. I love playing as bridget mostly, but I also like justice, or maybe sol....hmm....i'll get back to you all on this one. I love how there is like four versions of each character.....its soo cool. Try Gold EX SOL vs. GOLD EX Millia....its an awesome match if you have people who can use them. I just love the whole thing. I can't wait for Guilty Gear Isuka.....or even Sammy vs. Capcom.
ss_goku4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 19:02   Link #15
Oblodra
High Priest of Cheese

isuka!!! double the fun!!! i wonder how u hav 4 ppl fight at once and ky does an instant kill... sammy vs capcom? an excuse to trash some capcom !@#

ive never discovered the difference btwn ex gold and normal... somehow, it seems the same.

the missions? i feel like killing myself over the missions... -_-
Oblodra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 17:31   Link #16
___emergency
Ambulance X

bah

i'm having so much trouble beating the story mode. the main problem is I don't nkow how to do Instant Kills. Since I don't have a game booklet handy, can someone please tell me the sequence for an instant kill? also, what is this semicircle ssssssssss thing you speak of? I know what the semicircle is but does the sssssssss mean just pushing the button for S repeatedly? (I'm so dumb.) any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks :]

oh and, the girl with one angel wing and one demon wing is Dizzy.
___emergency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 18:07   Link #17
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
this game is quite crazy. but i suck so i still have to get robo-kye....
and waiting for Guilty Gear Isuka
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 03:29   Link #18
Aegis
生與死

Location: A place where it is not seen,it is not heard,just pure emptyness and beyond
blargh isuka doesnt appeal to me...i heard that ur teammate can hurt u 2...i still prefer the 1 on 1 and..ky ownz
Aegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 09:21   Link #19
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
I was a regular on Guilty Gear XX and Guilty Gear Isuka in the arcades of Tokyo for about a year, and I have to tell you, you haven't played the game until you've played it in Japan... Those guys really take that game to a new level (same for VF4 Evo).

What characters does everyone use? I was best with Dizzy, but I could also use Ino and Millia.

Is Isuka out in America yet? It's not really that good of a game, just a dirty four-player hack. The only really worthwhile addition was the cardnet that they got when Sammy bought otu Sega. ^^

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 13:01   Link #20
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
I was a regular on Guilty Gear XX and Guilty Gear Isuka in the arcades of Tokyo for about a year, and I have to tell you, you haven't played the game until you've played it in Japan... Those guys really take that game to a new level (same for VF4 Evo).

What characters does everyone use? I was best with Dizzy, but I could also use Ino and Millia.

Is Isuka out in America yet? It's not really that good of a game, just a dirty four-player hack. The only really worthwhile addition was the cardnet that they got when Sammy bought otu Sega. ^^

-Tofu
the only character im looking forward in isuka is A.b.A and Robo-Ky MKII
they look so crazy
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote