Notices

Old 2022-03-07, 21:23   Link #101
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...rch-28/.183332

100th post.

Kaito DLC out by the 28th.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-10, 18:04   Link #102
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

30 bucks for a story DLC with only 4 chapters seems way too much. I'm still open to buying it since unlike the other DLCs which were total scams (just content they removed from the game so people would have to pay for it separately), this one seems legit.
Old 2022-03-11, 07:56   Link #103
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Can this be bought in a bundle?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-03-11, 08:20   Link #104
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Can this be bought in a bundle?
There's a season pass for 35€. The PS store doesn't mention if Kaito's DLC is part of it but it has to be given the price. That might actually be worthwhile.
Old 2022-03-11, 08:48   Link #105
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Thinking of buying it (when I can) in a complete collection.

Old 2022-03-11, 11:29   Link #106
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There's a season pass for 35€. The PS store doesn't mention if Kaito's DLC is part of it but it has to be given the price. That might actually be worthwhile.
It was last time I checked. The Season Pass is basically just the Kaito Files and the School Stories DLC
Old 2022-03-17, 06:05   Link #107
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.siliconera.com/lost-judg...les-showcased/

Preview of Kaito's fighting styles.

Old 2022-03-17, 08:47   Link #108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
https://www.siliconera.com/lost-judg...les-showcased/

Preview of Kaito's fighting styles.
Looks good, no re-used Kiryu animation I can think of. This is even the first new bike crush heat action since... I don't even know.

If I get it, and I probably will unless it gets horrible reviews, I'll get the season pass. There seemed to be a lot of funny stuff in the previous DLCs (more than in the base game). For just five more bucks it seems worth it.

And to answer your question, there is a bundle with everything. 90 bucks though, might be better to buy a used game and the season pass separately.
Old 2022-03-22, 21:31   Link #109
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.siliconera.com/masaharu-...t-dlc-trailer/

Interesting trailer showing off what Kaito can do.

Some of his sneaking part reminds me more of MGS TBH.

Old 2022-04-01, 17:06   Link #110
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finished the Kaito files. Less than 7 hours doing absolutely everything. It was pretty fun, and it was nice to get more of Kaito who had a small role in the second game. However, the story is basically a retelling of

Spoiler for Kaito Files spoilers:
Old 2022-04-01, 20:44   Link #111
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Seems to be a test if Kaito can be the next protagonist of the Judgment series in case things with Kimura and Johnnys can't be worked out.

Old 2022-04-02, 07:08   Link #112
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Seems to be a test if Kaito can be the next protagonist of the Judgment series in case things with Kimura and Johnnys can't be worked out.
He certainly turned out to be a better detective than I thought he'd be. The gadgets being replaced by "primal instincts" was more funny than anything though, I kept thinking Yagami could have just called Kaito instead of the dog in the main game when he needed to track a scent, and imagined the two of them walking around with Kaito on a leash

And I think this DLC basically shot down one of the main theories about Judgment, which was that the real killer of Yagami's family was still at large since...

Spoiler:
Old 2022-04-03, 06:41   Link #113
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Kaito's pretty ballsy if you make him choose to ask the client for the payment first.

But hey, he's ex-yakuza.

Old 2023-02-08, 09:58   Link #114
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

When it comes to story I prefer the first game since it heavily involved Yagami's history. I played it three times. The sidequests were also very accessible and the team up in fights was awesome. Lost Judgment has kinda better combat but it felt like the Yakuza 4 for Yagami who was just solving another case without any impact on him. Had he at least fallen for that woman (which the writer seems to hate based on the Mafuyu handling) I would have been more invested. The boss fights were pretty good but it feels like the story ended on cliffhanger.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Kuwana again.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2023-02-08 at 10:09.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-09, 13:10   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
When it comes to story I prefer the first game since it heavily involved Yagami's history. I played it three times. The sidequests were also very accessible and the team up in fights was awesome. Lost Judgment has kinda better combat but it felt like the Yakuza 4 for Yagami who was just solving another case without any impact on him. Had he at least fallen for that woman (which the writer seems to hate based on the Mafuyu handling) I would have been more invested. The boss fights were pretty good but it feels like the story ended on cliffhanger.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Kuwana again.
If you want a Judgment story the MC has personal stakes in, you should try the Kaito files.

Tags
sega