AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-12, 16:07   Link #1
wavey_davey
Drifting through life~~

Send a message via AIM to wavey_davey Send a message via MSN to wavey_davey
Were to start?

I recently discovered a shop in Leeds (uk) which sells anime and manga which weridly have never spotted before, and was looking into there manga section, I want to get into this as well, but where do I start? theres so much of it, could anyone recomend what to start with as my frist manga to buy? and also is most manga in black and white? thanks for reading!

wavey_davey
Old 2004-12-12, 16:14   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey_davey
I recently discovered a shop in Leeds (uk) which sells anime and manga which weridly have never spotted before, and was looking into there manga section, I want to get into this as well, but where do I start? theres so much of it, could anyone recomend what to start with as my frist manga to buy? and also is most manga in black and white? thanks for reading!

wavey_davey
Why not start with the anime series you like. Or at least tell us what you do like to offer suggestions.

And yes, most manga is in black and white.

BTW, you'll find that it's cheaper to purchase manga from Amazon.co.uk Most of it costs under £5 (plus free shipping of order over £19) instead of the usual £7-£8 it costs in bookshops.
Old 2004-12-12, 16:16   Link #3
wavey_davey
Drifting through life~~

Send a message via AIM to wavey_davey Send a message via MSN to wavey_davey
ah right. thanks for the tip, maybe I can nip in there to look at it then order online lol, well I liked Sailor Moon, and also really enjoying Mei Himer and Yakatate Japan (I just know I spelt that wrong) but I woulldn;t mind something slower paced, something drama like if you get what I mean?
Old 2004-12-13, 22:48   Link #4
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
OHHHHH!! You should check out Chobits if they have it. Read the first volume, and if you like it buy it. ^_^. I rather like Negima too. Good story line, though it rather concencrated on Fan-Service, besides the goods and the bad it's a rather good manga.

"ps: i recommend Chobits, and Negima

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2004-12-13 at 22:49. Reason: "sigh" i cant spell
Closed Thread