AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2021-01-23, 04:38   Link #1421
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Regnum771 View Post
Where? Is it an active Discord? I might be interested, ha ha.

Speaking of Yumina, Naofumi said that Euphoria will appeal to both Eternal Sword and Kikouyoku Senki fans. He may or may not have suggested that the two verse are connected.
It says so on reddit here https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovel...d_discords_as/

But no access link so I dunno lol
Old 2021-01-23, 14:41   Link #1422
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

No invite link? Well, that's weird... O_O
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 02:26   Link #1423
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Been a while since I posted anything. Well, Yuukyuu no Euphoria crowdfund is going to happen. Naofumi is taking ideas related to crowdfunding and what materials fans would like to see. Anyone interested can offer ideas and comments here.
Old 2022-01-31, 10:18   Link #1424
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Regnum771 View Post
Been a while since I posted anything. Well, Yuukyuu no Euphoria crowdfund is going to happen. Naofumi is taking ideas related to crowdfunding and what materials fans would like to see. Anyone interested can offer ideas and comments here.
I could have sworn he did that two years ago or something....
Old 2022-01-31, 18:28   Link #1425
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I could have sworn he did that two years ago or something....
He did about a few years ago. However, the production of the game and CF as a whole had stalled because Xuse went under. Naofumi revealed a little behind-the-scene story (can read here: pt1, pt2, and pt3) about the whole incident and what happened after. Basically, Naofumi went through a depression period and was left with considerable debt due to having to cover the remaining cost of the Content Book and Euphoria's live concert by himself. Fortunately, with the help of friends and others and doing original works, he was able to get through tough times.
Old 2022-02-02, 18:57   Link #1426
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsuen_no_Myuu View Post
He did about a few years ago. However, the production of the game and CF as a whole had stalled because Xuse went under. Naofumi revealed a little behind-the-scene story (can read here: pt1, pt2, and pt3) about the whole incident and what happened after. Basically, Naofumi went through a depression period and was left with considerable debt due to having to cover the remaining cost of the Content Book and Euphoria's live concert by himself. Fortunately, with the help of friends and others and doing original works, he was able to get through tough times.
Well damn...given that Seinarukana was loads of fun and play time, that's just sad. Was there not enough sales of Seinarukana or was it that what came after didn't sell?
Old 2022-02-02, 22:48   Link #1427
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Well damn...given that Seinarukana was loads of fun and play time, that's just sad. Was there not enough sales of Seinarukana or was it that what came after didn't sell?
I have yet to come across information that disclosed why Xuse had serious financial troubles in 2017, but it's likely due to the closing of Club Xuse in 2016 plus poor sales of their other games that was developed around that time. It's just strange...according to Naofumi, the supporter packs for the Yuukyuu no Euphoria's High Content book sold very well, better than what they expected even, so where did the money that went into that go? Well, probably to pay off debt Xuse owed, I suppose.
Old 2022-02-03, 01:11   Link #1428
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Where? Is it an active Discord? I might be interested, ha ha.

Speaking of Yumina, Naofumi said that Euphoria will appeal to both Eternal Sword and Kikouyoku Senki fans. He may or may not have suggested that the two verse are connected.
I saw some JP joking around that one of the boss character in Yumina was an eternal back then.. I think it was around 5-10 years ago? I forgot lol

Does Naofumi have permission to combine both series though? I forgot which developers made which one since it's really been a while

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 02:16   Link #1429
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

As far as I know, it's not confirmed to be an Eternal, but you're thinking of Amureis, who isn't a boss character that you fight, but she's an ally, a being whose existence is something like a law/rule in the higher dimension. She's likely an allusion to Euphoria, given the similarities in her design and acting as an arbitrator protecting universes against invasive sentient universes. It's implied she's strong enough to fight and defeat sentient universes on her own, even as powerful as the final boss in Yumina, if she's granted the power to do so via authorization.

I don't think Naofumi has confirmed or denied whether Yumina could be one of the universes outside the Shinken Universe or possibly a universe within it. I doubt he can include Yumina or make it related to Eien Shinken. If I'm not mistaken, the Kikouyoku Senki series IP belongs to Eternal, a subsidiary of WillPlus.
Old 2022-02-10, 07:47   Link #1430
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I thought Xuse died a long time ago? And Naofumi basically got full IP rights from them for some time now? Also isn't Naofumi independent from Xuse?
Old 2022-02-10, 14:16   Link #1431
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

No, Xuse went down on 2021. Naofumi was still supported by them.
But Xuse hadn't been doing well since 2017, so this put Naofumi in huge disadvantage.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-11, 06:48   Link #1432
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Yeah, unless I'm mistaken....basically, Naofumi began releasing Aselia doujin + and later doujin music and drama cd (Spirits Guides and Song Collection) with Hitomaru in 2013. Naofumi formed Everlasting and entered a co-op relationship with Xuse in an official capacity, using Spirit Guide 3's scenario as a basis to essentially reboot Aselia, to start on projects that would lead to the third chapter of Eien Shinken sometime in 2015. Interestingly, the website that was supposed to their project together is still up! Naofumi continued to create doujin that would serve as the foundation till late 2016 (e.g. Never Despair). Then, in 2017, Naofumi formed SWORD'S to commercialize the culmination of his work that'd start the third chapter, in the form of Yuukyuu no Euphoria Content Book and accompanied character songs and drama CD and the planned live events. Xuse was supposed to cover their part of the commercialized work, which Naofumi had worked for at least half a year, but Xuse's financial problem reared its head, and they couldn't cover expenses on their end. And due to financial trouble, Xuse opted to sell off copyrights and IP. Naofumi wanted to protect Eien Shinken series, so he acted fast to buy it. He successfully acquired the copyright in 2018. Xuse never recovered, and they filed for bankruptcy in 2021.

Last edited by Zetsuen_no_Myuu; 2022-02-11 at 07:11.
Old 2022-02-11, 23:49   Link #1433
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Yeah Xuse never really did reach the heights it did with Seinarukana and kinda just fell off the radar. Concerts are pretty costly I would think

How many of the 2000s eroge companies are still alive? Key, Makura/KeroQ, Aquaplus/ Leaf, August.....who else? It's all mobage now
Old 2022-02-12, 06:22   Link #1434
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Hmm, eroge companies that started in the 2000s but are still alive (as far as I'm aware)? Just based on my vndb lists of games I keep tabs on and excluding ones you already mentioned, I see Nitroplus, Liar-soft, Navel, Overdrive, AliceSoft, Eushully, Frontwing, Baldrhead, Propeller, LaCryma, Escu:de, Yuzusoft, Pulltop, Unison Shift, Ninetail, Dual Tail, and Purple Software are either alive or have released a game within recent years. To my surprise, Pajamas Soft is alive even though Prism Ark was their only remarkable title, but I see their sister companies, which churn out low-quality moege and nukige, is seemingly why they haven't gone under yet.
Old 2022-02-23, 06:33   Link #1435
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

永遠神剣シリーズコンテンツCi-enペーシでようこそ!
https://ci-en.net/creator/11851

And so, crowdfunding is in motion and it shall begin.
Old 2022-02-23, 08:48   Link #1436
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So....which will you take? I'm wondering whether to do 1 or 2K
Old 2022-02-23, 16:07   Link #1437
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

As for the Fanbox, I did 1k and occasionally 2k to open supporters' posts. For this CF, I picked 2k and may change to 5k later on.
Old 2022-02-24, 08:07   Link #1438
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
As for the Fanbox, I did 1k and occasionally 2k to open supporters' posts. For this CF, I picked 2k and may change to 5k later on.
No spare cash for 5 that's for sure lol. It's minimum 6 months after all
Old 2022-06-01, 20:35   Link #1439
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

https://ci-en.net/creator/11851/crowdfunding/300
To those interested, crowdfunding is underway. Takase plans to release Tsuisou no Enon, and then the prelude of Yuukyuu no Euphoria will come after. Enon is set during the Hero era, between the Four Princes era (Spirit Guide 1) and the Eternal War era (Eien no Aselia). It is an ASMR audio work with ADV visual novel option. You, as the protagonist, get summoned to Phantasmagoria and encounter Enon, a green spirit, and the story will be told and experienced through the St. Yoto language.

Beyond Takase's expectations, CF1 reached over 300% goal within 24 hours. So the future prospect of the Eien Shinken series is looking good. If the CF reaches 400%, a theme song will get made.
Old 2022-06-01, 21:34   Link #1440
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Already joined. But this ADV work seems to be a very small project.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel