AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-17, 06:16   Link #2161
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Seriously though, I'm not too familiar with how anime production companies work but I doubt a company would neglect to tell one of it's VAs if voice recording has started already....it just seems too important to not tell the VAs about it.
Based on what I've heard in various radio shows, they usually only know what happens to their characters when they get the scripts, maybe about a week before the recording sessions. But as Marsala said, Hanae should already know whether he's working on A/Z for next season or not, due to contracts and timetables etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Those events are scripted. Hanae really ought to know by now if his character is coming back or not; pretending not to know gets the fans all excited.
I know. (I watch and listen to too many seiyuu events and radio to not know this ) Hanae could still be telling the truth though. If he's not needed for episode 1, then he probably wouldn't have received that script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Probably true, considering his or Amamiya's inability to remain quiet in general. Even if he survived, he could be in a coma, so his character wouldn't need to be voiced for a while, imo. The pre-airing recording session last season was up episode 7, I don't know how many recordings they had this time.
er...the radios and events are generally scripted, with some leeway for what the seiyuu want to talk about. But any info. they reveal is usually vetted ahead of time.

And given that we're about 7 weeks out from S2, and the fact that Amamiya and Minase only started talking about it on the radio this week, I think they've only recorded one or, at most, two episodes so far. Though that makes the A/Z recording sessions pretty early vis-a-vis the episode broadcast (IIRC, in one of the Macross F commentaries, someone said that 4/5 weeks ahead of broadcast time was normal).

Quote:
It's not Ono's job to tell him.
See the in that post? pretty certain Raviel was just joking

Quote:
There are two more videos in the aldnoah website but are only viewable to Japan, one is a musical video with aLieZ. Also they announced the opening and the ending for the second season: "&Z" is the OP, sung by Mizuki. "GENESIS" by Aoi Eir is the ending.
Two videos? What's the other one?

Oh, and the aLieZ PV is just a compilation of scenes from the TV show. It ends with the gunshot and the necklace falling to the ground though. I'm sure it'll show up on the interwebs in due time...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-11-17 at 12:35.
Old 2014-11-17, 12:07   Link #2162
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Two videos? What's the other one?

Oh, and the aLieZ PV is just a compilation of scenes from the TV show. It ends with the gunshot and the necklace falling to the ground though. I'm sure it'll show up on the interwebs in due time...
I don't have a Japanese IP to watch them, but this one is the other. Wait. I was just confused with the website order. That's the season 2 trailer clip. Boo.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-11-17, 12:23   Link #2163
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Was kinda hoping that they will get TMR to do the opening but I guess it was too much dreaming on my part.

Edit: Wait they get the season two clips too!?
Old 2014-11-17, 18:58   Link #2164
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
OK here's the November 2014 Animedia scans for the AZ story.

Image heavy
Just click on the picture so it'll take you to the corresponding photobucket page where you can download it for a bigger size.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-11-18, 01:56   Link #2165
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Brilliant! Thank you so very much!

I've yet to look through most of it, but from a quick glance, I particularly like the 'Dubbing Report.' I've heard seiyuu talk about dubbing sessions and 'dancing to and from the mics' many times, but it's great to be able to see how they've arranged themselves in the studio for one episode of a series. Also good to confirm that Aoki is also involved in this process (sometimes, it's left mostly to the sound director).

I'll try and see if there's anything interesting over the next week or thereabouts. Thanks once again!

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-11-19 at 01:07.
Old 2014-11-18, 12:08   Link #2166
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:

Image heavy
Just click on the picture so it'll take you to the corresponding photobucket page where you can download it for a bigger size.
Images
I can't help reading the top two frames from right to left like a manga- seeing Crutheo hitting Slaine and then Eddelrittuo laughing her ass off.
Old 2014-11-18, 14:25   Link #2167
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
I can't help reading the top two frames from right to left like a manga- seeing Crutheo hitting Slaine and then Eddelrittuo laughing her ass off.
since you said i can see her doing that. and the Slaine getting beat up by Crutheo and Inaho and seylum just looking on looking as they're thinking typical slaine beating. no one should get beat like that but it happens.
Old 2014-11-19, 00:02   Link #2168
Thess

The lack of interest on Rayet is so disappointing. She doesn't have any single released new or art or info, aside of the time she strangled Asseylum.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-11-19, 10:47   Link #2169
Death Usagi
Banned

Maybe it's a secret strategy because they will make her the new main protagonist of season 2 instead of Inaho?
Old 2014-11-19, 10:54   Link #2170
azurestratos

Quote:
Nice! Thank you! Also that KG-6 Sleipner plamo teaser! YESSS!

edit: I pretty liked Rayet's character actually. I don't get why people said she was poorly written. I thought her characterization was to portray the war+psychological themes played in A/Z. Also the theme of forgiveness and willingness to let go off revenge.
Old 2014-11-19, 17:26   Link #2171
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post

Episode 6:
Asseylum: Slaine, your birthday is coming. Let's celebrate together if the day come. Only you and me.
Slaine: OK...I am grateful.
Slaine fans: SEX SEX SEX!
Lol at AZ 2 alternate ending, but it would be more awesome if this happened:
Spoiler for Seylum x Slaine love scene gone wrong:

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
edit: I pretty liked Rayet's character actually. I don't get why people said she was poorly written. I thought her characterization was to portray the war+psychological themes played in A/Z. Also the theme of forgiveness and willingness to let go off revenge.

Personally, I liked Rayet as well, although, while she decided to let Asseylum live, and she probably wouldn't nuke Mars from orbit now, given the chance. However, I'm not sure she's quite forgiven the rest of the Vers Empire. I'm almost wondering if she'll make an attempt on the Emperor himself (and either she is stopped by Inaho and Seylum, or it ends in Urobutchery). If Saazbaum (or, slim though it is, Trillram) somehow survives, its even money whether she or Slaine kills him. And I'm pretty much convinced she'll kill off more Versian nobles.

I suspect an encounter between Rayet and the emperor would go something like this:

Vers Empire throne room, 2015 AD

Rayet: *Pointing a gun at Emperor Rayregalia Vers Rayvers*

My name is Rayet Areash, and it's all your fault my father is dead. Any last words, your majesty?

Emperor: I... I was manipulated by Saazbaum, he is at fault. I never ordered your father's execution, and I most certainly did not order the assassination of my own granddaughter!

Rayet: No... but you're still at fault, back in 1972, you found Aldnoah, you broke away from your country, you used it to give yourself absolute power while your people suffered.... Because you created this mockery of an empire, my father is dead!
Old 2014-11-19, 18:42   Link #2172
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
That would be awesome.
That "Sex! sex! sex!" remind me of something rather unpleasant from another mech anime also by Aniplex. A painful memory from the past...

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-11-20 at 02:42.
Old 2014-11-20, 03:15   Link #2173
Thess

karice67! Did you see portion of the scripts posted in twitter (@ logical_honey). Here's episode 8 seagull scene script:

Asseylum thinking about Slaine while she watches the seagulls was pretty obvious, Inaho's thoughts (and the "..." line) make me roll in laughter, though.

Old 2014-11-20, 05:10   Link #2174
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Spoiler for Seylum x Slaine love scene gone wrong:

Real final ending

Spoiler for Slain final words:
Old 2014-11-21, 02:59   Link #2175
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

@Thess

Nope. Must admit that it doesn't really strike me as being particularly interesting or amusing, personally...

This was though :
youtube.com/watch?v=HeR0Eif1YcU

It's a preview of the Extra Episode 3, "Aldnoah Academy" drama CD that comes with DVD/BD vol. 4. I believe it was played at a Ono x Hanae Talk Event on the weekend - the music and Cruhteo's lines as their teacher turn the crack up a notch or two...

(P.s It's the new video that's appeared on the official website, so I'm afraid it probably won't work for most of you unless you can find a VPN workaround. Sorry I can't suggest anything here...but hopefully it'll show up somewhere else.)

Edit: and this other bit of crack at the event really had me ROTFLMHO...

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-11-22, 07:33   Link #2176
D-Joe

New voice preview from princess

Old 2014-11-22, 09:02   Link #2177
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
Thanks!

Someone on /a/ already translated it:

私、ヴァース帝国第一皇女アセイラム・ヴァース・アリューシアは、その義に服し、偉大なる務め に準じる貴公らを、ここに称え、賞賛いたします

I, first princess of the Vers Empire, Asseylum Vers Allusia, here commend all of you who abide by justice in accordance with your great duty.

or

私、ヴァース帝国第一皇女アセイラム・ヴァース・アリューシアは、その義に服し、偉大なる務め に殉じる貴公らを、ここに称え、賞賛いたします

=> I, first princess of the Vers Empire, Asseylum Vers Allusia, here commend all of you who abide by justice and sacrifice yourselves for your great duty.

Edit: Hm... 「そのぎ」 could also be 「その儀」= "That matter"

- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-11-22 at 09:32.
Old 2014-11-25, 19:06   Link #2178
Cloudedmind

And here's the AZ scan from the December Animedia. It was only about a page and a half this time.

Images
Old 2014-11-27, 13:01   Link #2179
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
地球連合はほぼ崩壊し、地球の各軍は各地でゲリラ戦を行い、火星軍相手に一進一退の攻防を続け ていた。
マグバレッジが艦長を務めるデューカリオンも各地を転戦しており、
ある時、火星騎士を次々と倒しているという少年の話を耳にする。
マグバレッジたちは噂の真偽を確かめにアフリカへと赴く。

It's likely Slaine, before he's knighted

Idaho
I will hopefully be able to post something interesting tomorrow, but just wanted to note: after scouring 2ch several times over the last few weeks, the only comment I can get on this 'spoiler' is that there was nothing of the sort in the December issue of either Animedia or Newtype. The Animedia one is just about Asseylum (a big THANK YOU to Cloudedmind!), and apparently, Newtype didn't even have an article on A/Z.

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-11-27, 13:23   Link #2180
Cloudedmind

You're welcome. Hopefully they've proved usefully or at least interesting.