AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

View Poll Results: Let's be honest, what do you really think of the mc on the cover?
She's not average, she's pretty. Makes me want her to be a part of my harem. 14 42.42%
I just want to have a professional relationship with her, nothing more. 10 30.30%
Don't like her. Give me a prettier-looking one. 3 9.09%
She's average, meh. 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2022-01-25, 05:21   Link #41
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Recently discovered the manga adaptation for this gem and I must say that I absolutely love it. I was hoping to find a thread in the manga sub-forum, but alas, I see that the WN/LN thread is being used for the manga's discussion as well.

It's a shame that so many people are sleeping on this one because it's a lot better than quite a few of the "hot" manga that are usually discussed in the manga sub-forum.

This story's greatest strength is its characters and their interactions with each other. I'm also deeply invested in Maomao's and Jinshi's relationship. I can already tell this one's going to be a slow burn which will occasionally drop a hint to remind readers that there is some degree of romance present, but it's never at the forefront and takes a backseat to the mystery solving and slice of life elements of the story. That's fine however, because I'm in it for the long haul. I love how the author handles the natural progression of their relationship with Jinshi having practically already fallen and Maomao just casually chugging along with no signs of changing feelings towards him. A blush here or there, but her monologues are like a wet blanket to keep readers from developing expectations.

It's gonna be painful tho seeing as the manga has only just started adapting vol 3 of the LN, whereas the LNs are already at volume 11. Gonna be reading this one for a few years I guess. Not that I mind tho.

Btw, my fave characters outside of the main duo are Rakan and Gaoshun in no particular order.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-17, 05:40   Link #42
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Finally, anime. We've gone full circle
Old 2024-06-09, 10:34   Link #43
grecefar

Started to read this, in volume 3 the frog scene was hilarious, can't wait to see it animated.

Starting the volume 4 now.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-10, 15:26   Link #44
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Started to read this, in volume 3 the frog scene was hilarious, can't wait to see it animated.

Starting the volume 4 now.

So you already saw the second best girl Shisui?

I meanwhile finished last translated volume recently (vol. 11).

It can be considered a third big story arc. The whole part
Spoiler for plot:

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2024-06-11 at 03:12.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-10, 20:29   Link #45
grecefar

Yeah I'm in chapter 16 of volume 4, so between tonight and tomorrow I finish the volume.

I loved that loumen was a little more involved in this volume with him in the rear palace.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female lead, harem, medicine, smart mc