AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 75 42.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 22.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 21.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 11.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.13%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-03, 08:42   Link #201
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalDestiny View Post
somewhat off topic: Does anyone know if there are releases for the HD versions (1280x720) that is in AVI format?

The only ones I managed to find are all in mkv formats. I wonder why.
Unfortunately, my PS3 can't seem to read mkv format files.
Nyoro~n and Shinsen, I think
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 08:49   Link #202
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Let me start by saying I love the UNION, I love Custom-FLAGs and I love the FLAG Fighters...To hell with Celestial Being and their ideal secrecy....Schenburg has failed...

Mizushima is shattering all my preconceptions (And for that I applaud)...Killing the UNION professor was certainly unexpected (Certain shonen-rules were cast aside for his demise)...But I truly believe the playing-field will be balanced again despite Howard Mason's blood on my mind...Right now I think he's baiting the audience with his Gundam-romp...No one will smile brighter than I when Graham gets his suit of reackoning...

Setsuna is right, are these really Gundam Meisters?

That's all for now...8//10...

MORE TO COME...
Old 2008-02-03, 09:13   Link #203
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As for episode 17, all i kept thinking was "if only Graham had a Gundam". I'm not saying he should have one, though him becoming more and more angry everytime something like this happens does a lot for his character development. He's going to strike back in the future of this series, and i can't wait.
The OverFlag is so cool that I just want he owns the Gundam with it. He doesn't need a Gundam to make the name Graham Aker become legendary.

I need to dig something up....pardon me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire
blah blah blah about GS

Now where do I see that in 00?
Nowhere.
No damage to CB mobile suits armour. Not after 12 hours of constant bombardment. If I were commanding officer of one of three powers at this time I would drop a nuke or two on the guys, just to see if I can damage their paint job.
I daresay they had the autorization to use nukes.
No balanced battle. Those few encounters with Graham/Patrick/Siergiei/Soma I refuse to count as battles, battle in real robo show should not last 1 minute. And then again, some of them was "Gundam pwns everything" too.
Besides Gundam Wing which was first Gundam show I've ever seen and which i consider horrible, nowhere in entire Gundam history we've witnessed so one-sideness.
Would you mind reading the title of this thread for me? It's "Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 17 Discussion". See the problem?
And your comment about nuking....I'm pretty sure you just watch Gundam 00 for the battle scene. You know nothing about the purpose of that operation. Not at all.
I wonder why the one who can say he enjoy GSD complains so much about one-side battle so much like that . Of course I should have known you only watch Gundam for the battle, battle and battle, so I don't give a hope about you seeing the purpose of those one side battles.
Old 2008-02-03, 09:16   Link #204
killer3000ad

That BSOD that Eifmann got should have said,"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" instead.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 09:20   Link #205
Sciel
Etoilé

Another Flag pilot dies (howard) because he decides to go all rambo against a gundam again .
Christina seems to have a thing for Johann it seems . Preview for 18 looks hot . Hope Graham (?) puts up a good fight.

PS : After what happened to the professor , Saji's sister odds of surviving dropped A LOT .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 09:45   Link #206
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
That BSOD that Eifmann got should have said,"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" instead.
I was thinking someone should edit it into a classic blue screen of death, like they did with Shinn and the Destiny.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 11:03   Link #207
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Would you mind reading the title of this thread for me? It's "Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 17 Discussion". See the problem?
And the original whiny comment about GSD fits in this Gundam 00 topic how? Other than to complain about how Kira ruined their childhood and ran over their dogs and whatnot.

At least some info about the Gundam's history was revealed, but I'm pretty sure someone in the future will be able to figure it out anyway and spread the word about Jupiter. I guess it would be that guy trying to get into Sumeragi's pants. Too bad for the Flag squad losing another guy, never cared for that glasses guy anyway... sooo will dreadlocks dood bite the dust next? =o Ah well as long as it wont be Graham then I'm all good. =)
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 11:13   Link #208
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX_Zero View Post
And the original whiny comment about GSD fits in this Gundam 00 topic how? Other than to complain about how Kira ruined their childhood and ran over their dogs and whatnot.
Sorry if I was being unclear. I mean we're just ep 17, and everything is starting to build up, but he keep complaining about there isn't enough serious battle in Gundam 00.

Back to the topic, even though the chance Kinue getting killed is quite high, I still can't think of anything Saji can do, except continue his sister's job. Maybe he will discover something, and luckily avoid an assassination.
Old 2008-02-03, 11:16   Link #209
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Perhaps he'll be the one to figure out about the Jupiter incident and Aeolia's ulterior motive for establishing the CB.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 11:50   Link #210
ReddyRedWolf

Well one of things Prof. Eifman was thinking was that CB ulterior motive has something to do with humanity colonizing space.

Consider the current era.

Solar towers for energy, nanotech to solve the effects of zero gravity (The longer you are in space it affects your bone and muscle mass.), mobile suits.

Now these Observers are a fishy group.

Makes me think they are composed of politicians, leaders of industry, scientists, ex-military.

Perhaps through them these technological advances were slowly leaked to the mainstream.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 11:50   Link #211
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Gay or not gay you don't just go up to someone and kiss them like that.

Besides Setsuna is pretty touchy on the touchy thingy. I mean he freaks out when Graham and Sergei grabbed a hold of his Gundam.

Maybe he was touched as a child
I am gonna look at the show now but SoD while i agree that you dont just do that. IF he punched her or something then i really think its lame i mean i would probably push her away too if she was ugly. But he could just as easy push her away and be like omg im gonna die and spit all over the place if he was really shocked.

if he goes all emo on her then i drop him as fav char. I mean it was already weird to see him go to marina say 1 thing then is gone when she gives a reply lol
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 12:33   Link #212
sart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
I am gonna look at the show now but SoD while i agree that you dont just do that. IF he punched her or something then i really think its lame i mean i would probably push her away too if she was ugly. But he could just as easy push her away and be like omg im gonna die and spit all over the place if he was really shocked.

if he goes all emo on her then i drop him as fav char. I mean it was already weird to see him go to marina say 1 thing then is gone when she gives a reply lol
he just pushed her away...how anyone saw that as a punch is beyond me.
sart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 12:44   Link #213
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
Just a thought, but am I the only one thinking there's a link between the three people at the beginning of episode 14 and the deployment of the Throne Gundams?

....Sorry if that's been brought up, but I haven't seen it around. Could these guys be the real bosses of Celestial Being? 'Cause I thought, at first, that they were planning the joint military exercise from episode 15.
Azure22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 12:55   Link #214
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure22 View Post
Just a thought, but am I the only one thinking there's a link between the three people at the beginning of episode 14 and the deployment of the Throne Gundams?

....Sorry if that's been brought up, but I haven't seen it around. Could these guys be the real bosses of Celestial Being? 'Cause I thought, at first, that they were planning the joint military exercise from episode 15.
No they're reps of each of the alliances.

They sounded like the chief spooks of each faction.

HRL courted their rivals for spoils of war. Gundams

The bosses of CB are the Observers.

But CB operations take direct orders from Veda.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 13:02   Link #215
wtfftw

Yeah he just pushed her away^^.

I dunno i think given setsuna messed up past it fits him very well.

After this ep i got to say i like Michael he is fav now. He said everything he wanted about them and he doenst even care. he must truely feel free.

And the picture someone posted about Michael with the knive is indeed hilarius. His love for his sister is deep i geuss :O. Also i know alot of people will undoubtfully hate dislike get annoyed with Michael but see it from this way was anything Michael said without reason about the pilots. I mean the observers also seem to doubt the 4 pilots michael is the char the authors can say something about the pilot without doing much harm to the show. and i got to say i also somewhat thought the same about allellujah but dont say it like that.

Anyway Graham keeps impressing me he can still fight these new type of gundams pretty well. I just dont know why no one helped howard.

Anyway i do respect howards respect for flags but not knowing the weakness of your unit and think its great cuz its your country's best unit is dumb imo. I geuss thats why he died.

And OMG older haro & younger haro was so great. That older haro is brute xP.

Saji and louis is painful to watch(3 min wasted animation)

I just have 1 question HOW the hell did they know where that professor was?. I mean he could be anywhere in the base. Or did they know cuz they hacked his pc?
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 13:04   Link #216
Terra

I don't think the Observers are the bosses of CB. Otherwise they'd have more power than they do. Plus I doubt they'd be called Observers if they were the real bosses. I get the feeling there's a higher level that's yet to be shown. The Observers provide an outside look at what is happening and have influence if things aren't going the way that it should be going. Hence why it takes all of them in agreement for them to be able to change something. But even then I'm not sure if their decision would be absolute.
Old 2008-02-03, 13:12   Link #217
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Quote:
No they're reps of each of the alliances.

They sounded like the chief spooks of each faction.

HRL courted their rivals for spoils of war. Gundams

The bosses of CB are the Observers.

But CB operations take direct orders from Veda.
Ya know, it does seem like each of them is from a different alliance each, but... Episode 14 starts with one of these guys watching a video, about how scientists from 200 years ago have disappeared off the records and what not... And then a guy says that the civilian public won't be able to figure out more than that. These guys, looking back on it now, are DEFINITELY Celestial Being people. They don't want the public knowing about that expedition to Jupiter... Because then, somehow, CB would be called out...
Spoiler:

As for the observers being bosses? They would've known about the thrones otherwise, doncha think?

Last edited by Azure22; 2008-02-03 at 13:13. Reason: Typo
Old 2008-02-03, 13:16   Link #218
Terra

The video was a Kinue's program that she started work on in ep 9. He's refering to the ability that she has over the ability that the government has to find out things. Kinue is one person. They have their entire country's intelligence department to find out things. Governments like to control what comes out in public. Kinue's digging is dangerous not only because of CB but essentially she could also end up being targeting by one of the powers if she finds out something they don't want public knowledge. Thoes 3 guys definately aren't CB. Otherwise you wouldn't have had the dig at the HRL guy over the Super Soldier program before they got down to business.
Old 2008-02-03, 13:23   Link #219
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Like I said, they seem like they come from each different alliance. Who's to say Celestial Being hasn't infiltrated them, to a degree?
Old 2008-02-03, 13:51   Link #220
Terra

It doesn't fit in with the events.