AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-04, 18:49   Link #5021
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Arrow Regarding Windows XP

I'm fairly sure that you can buy Windows XP as an OS for new desktops and laptops.

I got a new laptop a year ago and bought XP for it. Microsoft is actually somewhat user-friendly (I know, right?) and let people buy XP if they didn't want Vista (the smart people at least, like me).

And since the computer club (also a bunch of nerds, when you boil it down) set up the SOS Brigade's desktop, they did the smart thing and installed an OS that actually works. Probably so that they wouldn't have to be bothered again.

Therefore, it could be /any/ time after XP's release, really. I like the 7-7-07 idea.

Last edited by Dakota; 2009-06-04 at 18:51. Reason: IM IN YOUR THREAD FIXING MY SPELLING
Old 2009-06-04, 19:04   Link #5022
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Had anyone read my post?

I really don't think that is possible find the year.
Old 2009-06-04, 19:23   Link #5023
Jintor

I read it but I didn't understand it.
Old 2009-06-04, 19:30   Link #5024
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Had anyone read my post?

I really don't think that is possible find the year.
Don't worry, I've said it several times and no one's listened. All evidence that could possibly point to a year is contradicted within the story it takes place in, with the exception of Intrigues.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-04, 19:31   Link #5025
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Be nice, Jintor.

Quote:
I always thought that Kyon mentioned 1999 because he was disappointed that nothing happened. It's a prophetic year, being 'the end of the world' and all.

The first year after 1999 that Valentine's Day (Volume 7) is on a Sunday is 2010. Thus, the series would begin in 2009 (This very year!). However, this year, December 20th (Vol. 4) is a Sunday.

I really think that the author didn't think that much.
Fixed for you.

Yeah, the dates never match up. I don't know whether or not this is intentional.
Old 2009-06-04, 19:31   Link #5026
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Someone has already mentioned this in another thread (think it was in the Q&A one), pay attention in Melancholy IV when Kyon looks at his phone. Its the scene where he's killing time in the club room before meeting Asakura, you'll see that the date says 5/25(火). The only years (that are close to the present year) where 25th May is on a Tuesday is 1999, 2004, and 2010. I don't think XP was out yet in 1999, so it must be one of the other two.

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2009-06-04 at 19:42.
Old 2009-06-04, 19:34   Link #5027
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Someone has already mentioned this in another thread (think it was in the Q&A one), pay attention in Melancholy IV when Kyon looks at his phone. Its the scene where he's killing time in the club room before meeting Asakura, you'll see that the day says 5/25(火). The only years (that are close to the present year) where 25th May is on a Tuesday is 1999, 2004, and 2010. I don't think XP was out yet in 1999, so it must be one of the other two.
Sometimes I question whether people actually read previous posts before posting or if they just skim the topic to get the general idea and just go straight to "Post Reply".

Like we've been saying. It is impossible to figure out the year the series takes place in.

Now can we PLEASE get back on topic before the mods come in here and purge all these posts?
Old 2009-06-04, 19:35   Link #5028
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Be nice, Jintor.
I was serious. I tried to work it out and my brain exploded.

It was the Law Assignment I wrapped up last night, I swear!
Old 2009-06-04, 19:47   Link #5029
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sometimes I question whether people actually read previous posts before posting or if they just skim the topic to get the general idea and just go straight to "Post Reply".

Like we've been saying. It is impossible to figure out the year the series takes place in.

Now can we PLEASE get back on topic before the mods come in here and purge all these posts?
I HAVE read the last few posts (I do admit I sometimes skim read though).
Yeah I already knew that any date reference in the story always contradicts with another.

Btw, does anyone feel the same way I do about...
Spoiler for disappearance:

禁則事項です
Old 2009-06-04, 19:58   Link #5030
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is Achakura, just Yuki converted her scale for the duration of the historical event. She resets her scale when they are finished, leaving Achakura depressed until Yuki starts running around with her held high like an airplane....
Old 2009-06-04, 20:17   Link #5031
Heatth

Sorry my poor english, Jintor. An thanks, Kaisos.

Anyway, since we all agree that is impossible to match all days let's discuss if it is on purpose or not?

I realy think that the "3 years ago" is supose to be 2007". We can read this on volume 4:
Spoiler for Volume 4:

Also,This tease video use the 07/07/07 teory (I don't know if we can consider official tought).

I doubt that Tanigawa care that much to match all the days he uses. However, one could argue that the discrepancy was induced by Haruhi's power...
Old 2009-06-04, 20:22   Link #5032
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Again, though. Kyon ended up disillusioned to the world prior to 1999. Placing the series in 2010 would mean that, at the very latest, he gave up on that stuff when he was 4.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-04, 20:39   Link #5033
Heatth

Not necessarily. He could be disappointed but still waiting for something. But 4 years old is kinda to young. However, 1999 is a year famous for nothing happens, he could had heared from his mother (any other old people) that something wa suposed to be happaned, but didn't.

Of course, is probably just a plot-hole.
Old 2009-06-04, 20:48   Link #5034
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Like to mention, Kyon only really gave up on his childhood dreams after he met a -certain someone- in middle school, which is why he decides to try to go into high school with a clean slate.

This fails because his friends are still around and remember what he used to be like, but...

And can we please talk about "The Second Season of Haruhi Suzumiya" now?
Old 2009-06-05, 14:01   Link #5035
bayoab

And now this thread is talking about a potential third season...

S2 is only 14 eps... and we may get another original episode. They very likely aren't going past vol 6 (if they even finish that).
Old 2009-06-05, 14:05   Link #5036
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
And now this thread is talking about a potential third season...

S2 is only 14 eps... and we may get another original episode. They very likely aren't going past vol 6 (if they even finish that).
I guess it depends on what this 'season' ends up being called. Is this the second season? A continuation/insertion to the first? Season One Point Five?
Old 2009-06-05, 14:17   Link #5037
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Season One, shaken not stirred.
Old 2009-06-05, 14:41   Link #5038
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've been using the "Season 1.5" idea.... "now with more moar"
Old 2009-06-05, 14:56   Link #5039
bayoab

[MOD NOTE: The post being quoted was since migrated to a different thread.]

Quote:
You shoud read the thead before post. The "new" season is not oficially called "second season". Is still the First Season, but new episodes fiting on the middle.

The "Second Season" was cancelled some time ago. Insted, they did a "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu new animation", the current season.
Oh the irony of that first sentence...

The whole "S2 canceled" thing is marketing nonsense because they decided to animate the episodes they skipped over and realized how silly it would be to have S1 and S2 when some S1 episodes occur after some episodes in S2 and vice versa.

The 14 new episodes are season 2 regardless of what Kadokawa calls it and are what this thread was supposed to be about. This is not the "Here's spoilers from the current novels that have nothing to do with anything that will happen in the second season" thread nor the "'Second season' that occurs after the current 28 episode 'first season'" thread. This is what the previous post was pointing out.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-06-06 at 20:08.
Old 2009-06-05, 15:37   Link #5040
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Season One, shaken not stirred.
Thank you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've been using the "Season 1.5" idea.... "now with more moar"
This is, I think, what I will fall into using. It's Season One NEW AND IMPROVED! Now With Bamboo!

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen