AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-05-21, 05:41   Link #121
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Nice sigs. All your sig are so full of detail and don't look boring at all. My problem is usually after making the bg and pasting in the render and having a sig done theres still a feeling of something missing. But yours definitely don't have that problem.

And awesome Magical girl sigs. The last 3 strikers sig are awesome to, all full of detail and really fitting the strikers theme.

PS: Higurashi cleaver of insanity and bat of madness = WIN Just love the name lol...

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 11:35   Link #122
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
My problem is usually after making the bg and pasting in the render and having a sig done theres still a feeling of something missing. But yours definitely don't have that problem.
I will be frank : i always feel that my signatures but some exceptions miss some thing

well, still under my "set overload" feeling, prettty much like KiNa Factory EX-skill, here is the fourth StrikerS signature :

like i said on the Nanoha sig thread :
remember kids : pink can be really deadly (especially for the eyes)

now then :
not only the rookies aren't pretty much covered, but friedrich is really absent, so i couldn't put in there -__-"

as for the style, well... like i feared, pink is rather a hard color to manipulate, especially with this type of theme. (not to mention the contrast which can quickly turn into eye killer...)

i tried to give some difference with runic latin lines around, since i couldn't find the Mid Childa SUMMONING circle sigil...
Old 2007-05-21, 23:57   Link #123
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Your "computer output" style of your sigs is really awesome. That and the bold color schemes. Keep up the great work!
Old 2007-05-22, 08:56   Link #124
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
well, still under my "set overload" feeling, prettty much like KiNa Factory EX-skill, here is the fourth StrikerS signature :

like i said on the Nanoha sig thread :
remember kids : pink can be really deadly (especially for the eyes)
Eh what?

My eyes bleed from the pinkness >_< .. Cant look long enough to find errors =/

Sig factory closed until end of month >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 15:13   Link #125
Reinforce II
The Blessed Wind

Send a message via MSN to Reinforce II
i like you hayate sig alot nice use of color and blending Good job on all of them ^^
Reinforce II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 16:45   Link #126
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Question:

I once heard that photobucket sometimes changes the size of some of the files it hosts, is this what happened here?

I ask because all the sigs here go past the 50,000 bytes limit and I think photobucket is the one to blame here.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I am just trying to understand the whole deal here. >_< !!
Old 2007-05-22, 17:05   Link #127
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

in photoshop, check your optimization when you save your work to web. It will show you exactly the value of your work before you publish it to a specific format such as jpg, gif or png...
Old 2007-05-22, 17:12   Link #128
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

But like I've tried to warn people a half a dozen times already, if you intend to upload to photobucket make sure to add and extra 4 to 6 kb in your calculations when optimizing.

I don't know what exactly the photobucket scripts do but they add to the file size. Looking at Klash's sigs above, considering they were uploaded to photobucket they were probably in the 46,000 range when he optimized them. (way within the limits)

----------
It should be posible to delete the pics and upload the proper versions, while making sure they have the same name as the current ones. Photobucket doesn't seem to use randomness in filenames and paths, so rectifing the mistake is posible. Provided the 4-5 people that are currently using Klash's sigs 1) don't get them deleted before then 2) are using the links and haven't saved/uploaded them as sigs.

Last edited by felix; 2007-05-22 at 17:24.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 17:18   Link #129
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post
in photoshop, check your optimization when you save your work to web. It will show you exactly the value of your work before you publish it to a specific format such as jpg, gif or png...
If you are replying to my post, then yes, I was already aware of this.

My comment and question were aimed at the whole issue with photobucket and the way it changes the size of the files it hosts.

EDIT:

@Cats: So I was right all along, it is an issue with photobucket >_< !!
Old 2007-05-22, 17:23   Link #130
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Right now I'm checking my current sig which is uploaded on photobucket and the optimized file I have on my apple and photobucket reduced it by 1.4 bytes.

Original optimized jpg file@100% quality = 38.85K
since it's in "K" it means you'll have to multiply it by 1024
(38.85K)(1024) = 39782.4 bytes

Photobucket upload = 39781 bytes

Original - photobucket = difference in bytes
39782.4 - 39781 = 1.4 bytes

This is the first time I'm doing this and it appears that photobucket reduced mine just a tad bit.
Old 2007-05-22, 17:25   Link #131
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The limit is 50000 bytes not 40000 bytes =)
----------------------------------------------
I've never seen it do the reverse, but the issue still stands:
Photobucke Scripts = Evil
Old 2007-05-22, 18:24   Link #132
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Question:

I once heard that photobucket sometimes changes the size of some of the files it hosts, is this what happened here?

I ask because all the sigs here go past the 50,000 bytes limit and I think photobucket is the one to blame here.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I am just trying to understand the whole deal here. >_< !!
Good grief, i didn't know that, i used Photobucket only recently (well... imageshack isn't really great for its amount of downtime and only 1 upload at a time...)

*sigh* usually, i tend to avoid that overweight mistake, duh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post
Correct, but i dunno if it is my version (which is utterly old : 6.0), but i only see xx.xKb, but not bits, which isn't giving an easy life, thus i'm always setting at 46-47kb (this is the main reason why caro, the pink one, wasn't affected by it : 46 this time, rather some luck)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
But like I've tried to warn people a half a dozen times already, if you intend to upload to photobucket make sure to add and extra 4 to 6 kb in your calculations when optimizing.
well then, i won't be caught offguard from now on ~~
Quote:
I don't know what exactly the photobucket scripts do but they add to the file size. Looking at Klash's sigs above, considering they were uploaded to photobucket they were probably in the 46,000 range when he optimized them. (way within the limits)
bingo

i still can't understand how they can add 2 extra kb from nowhere -__-"
Quote:
----------
It should be posible to delete the pics and upload the proper versions, while making sure they have the same name as the current ones. Photobucket doesn't seem to use randomness in filenames and paths, so rectifing the mistake is posible. Provided the 4-5 people that are currently using Klash's sigs 1) don't get them deleted before then 2) are using the links and haven't saved/uploaded them as sigs.
correct, that's why i shifted to photobucket (aside the multiple upload, and the easier interface, which convenient auto copy paste) : there isn't any random suffix at the end of each file name, and i was abusing of some stealth editting recently
guess that i will revert back to imageshack now ~~

well then, the problem is now solved. thanks guys ^^ (holy hell, can't give cookies for the both of you... rep limit FTL)
Old 2007-05-22, 18:42   Link #133
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Klash, for sigs just look out for anything greater then 48.8. (avy's are safe at 50)
If it's lower then 48.8 then it's safe.
------------------------------------
Also xs.to is pretty good, but it's been buggy lately. It works just fine, I just got a few pointless errors. I've been using it for some time now, mostly because ImageShack just simply lags on me. >_< Gotta have it uploaded today! dammit~
(I think it's some kind of Opera issue)
Old 2007-05-23, 15:55   Link #134
Reinforce II
The Blessed Wind

hey klash do you mind if i request something?
Old 2007-05-25, 13:10   Link #135
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Third Request done... (sometimes, making a sig is really relaxing, as a break after studying for exams ~~)

Akiha Tohno (under her kurenaisekisyu "mode").
Back with shiki, i wanted to do Akiha, Hisui and Kohaku, but lacked of inspiration...
thus, i took the opportunity with this request, though i wasn't really getting any idea with the 3 pic provided
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1...saemon/002.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1...saemon/042.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/jubei_asaemon/042.jpg

thus, with some research, i found something which might be interesting, and it ended as the main stock :
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7031/akiha1mv2.jpg

the second pic provided was used for the "window"

as you can see : lots of fun with layers and filter for the colors.

text added (i wasn't too sure of that idea, but the requester was pleased so ^^)
it means : Anata no Chi, oishii desu ka?
roughly translated as "your blood, is it delicious?". this is one of the few starting quote of kurenaisekisyu Akiha (Vermillion Akiha) in Melty Blood

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-05-25 at 17:05.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 15:09   Link #136
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
^ - nice.... really creative... and the blending is sexy...
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 10:34   Link #137
Reinforce II
The Blessed Wind

do you know the name of the font you used in This sig to write rasing heart? much thanks if you could tell me also nice job on blending the akiha sig
Old 2007-05-26, 10:56   Link #138
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ i used unsteady oversteer (which is the font used for AnimeSuki forum name)
i use it as the generic font for the nanoha series Devices, as you can see with the rest of the sigs. (either A's and StrikerS)
Old 2007-05-26, 16:42   Link #139
Reinforce II
The Blessed Wind

thanks klash thats very helpful =D
Old 2007-05-29, 06:31   Link #140
Crontica

you can easily reduce a files size by downloading the screen shot widget at http://widgets.yahoo.com/