AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 10:38   Link #1
tyciol
*Artist

When our PMs fill up

I am wondering if anyone has any advice/tips on what to do to reliably store private messages when we are forced to delete them. I'm at 100% and am a bit stuck. I organized old messages by year but other than that.

The options are XML, CSV and TEXT.

Whenever I save PM dumps I usually tend to lose the files so I was wondering if there was a good way to keep track of them.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:01   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Took me a little bit of seraching, but I finally found this handy tool created and posted in this thread by Jinto a while back. This made organizing a lot easier for me when I used to do that.....
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:49   Link #3
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I just have an archive folder for all my old email, forum PM dumps, etc stored in text. That folder resides in my "home office" folder and gets backed up in the scheduled backups.

Jinto's tool is pretty nice though.... I have some regret not using XML as the storage format now. I just "grep" on the text files when looking for a particular message.
Old 2012-07-20, 20:00   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I export my sent and inbox folders as all of those formats (because I don't really know which would be best for me in the future) and have a folder for AnimeSuki private messages. I can't help you with losing the files, though - the best organization system is one that works for you. Keep trying, I suppose
Old 2012-07-20, 22:04   Link #5
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Took me a little bit of searching, but I finally found this handy tool created and posted in this thread by Jinto a while back. This made organizing a lot easier for me when I used to do that.....
Works for me. Thank you for letting us know about this tool. I am currently at PM box 99% full and was looking for an alternative backup option. This is probably the next best thing to having increased PM box limits.
Old 2012-07-23, 12:28   Link #6
tyciol
*Artist

I was thinking maybe if there was some kind of online storage thing, that way we don't have to worry about losing it. Some kind of 'let us back up your PMs for any forusm you use' kinda thing.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote