AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-13, 15:56   Link #61
Irkalla
I asked for this

Tali can't really look any weirder than Garrus or Thane..At least Thane has a humanoid form, although he is toxic
Old 2010-12-13, 15:57   Link #62
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Exactly. Some might love this pic, others will be against it. Splitting the fans into subgroups weakens them as a whole. Instead, we should all be left with the helmet and our own individual imaginations of how Tali should look like. That way, everyone ends up being right and content with the result. Or do you think we really need Bioware to hold our hands while crossing the road?
Seriously?

I'd tap that in a heartbeat

If any sane person wouldn't find that one amazingly cute girl, they're gay, I don't care what arguments they try to bring up.

And who gives a shit if they don't like what Tali looks like in that shot, if they don't like, go for big tits Miranda, let me have my cute Tali!
Old 2010-12-13, 17:03   Link #63
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Apparently Mass Effect 3 will have more humor involved so here is hoping to the classic Krogan-Human exchanges we have all come to love, btw if they take away my Bro, badass mofo, Future Space Alien Batman and Renegade Best Friend Garrus then BIOWARE IS DEAD TO ME!!

Also the Firewalker may be included since it was Bioware's way of trying to address issues with the Mako, hopefully if I'm lucky I get to use the Normandy to blow the shit out of Reapers in a sequence like Halo Reach's vehicle section.

Hmm I wonder what will happen to my: Hump/Flirt with anything with a soft pleasure hole between their legs Shepard, when it comes to romance; also if Ashley is back I'm drop kicking her for more Tali.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 17:08   Link #64
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Apparently Mass Effect 3 will have more humor involved so here is hoping to the classic Krogan-Human exchanges we have all come to love, btw if they take away my Bro, badass mofo, Future Space Alien Batman and Renegade Best Friend Garrus then BIOWARE IS DEAD TO ME!!

Also the Firewalker may be included since it was Bioware's way of trying to address issues with the Mako, hopefully if I'm lucky I get to use the Normandy to blow the shit out of Reapers in a sequence like Halo Reach's vehicle section.

Hmm I wonder what will happen to my: Hump/Flirt with anything with a soft pleasure hole between their legs Shepard, when it comes to romance; also if Ashley is back I'm drop kicking her for more Tali.
i cant wait to use my "sorry ash, but 3fingerss ftw"
Old 2010-12-13, 17:21   Link #65
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
I'm honestly just hoping it's not some cheesy clinch victory method like there being a source hive mind with a super retro virus that once injected in the main hub just happens to kill them all.
Considering how ridiculously invincible one reaper is, I'm not writing this kind of ending off. Though I would like a massive battle. Dammit, if only I hadn't gassed the queen...

This might warrant another ME1 playthrough.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 17:52   Link #66
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Considering how ridiculously invincible one reaper is, I'm not writing this kind of ending off. Though I would like a massive battle. Dammit, if only I hadn't gassed the queen...

the reapers aren't ridiculously invincible.
sovereign was only able to attack the citadel with an entire geth fleet, while taking the defenders by surprise.
and it was destroyed all the same by the human fleet.

the reapers never faced an organized resistance force before
they always attacked the Citadel which is the hub of galactic civilization as their first move.
they take out the leadership of the various races on the citadel and then attack the rest of the races forces while they are isolated and in a state of panic and confusion.
they also switch off the mass relays, which makes it impossible for the various races to come to each others help.

a truly invincible race, wouldn't need to worry about organised resistance.
the fact that the reapers clearly do, means that they might be a lot less powerful then they are cracked up to be.

also, you need to consider the purpose of the "harvest cycle"
if the goal of each cycle is to harvest the new races and turn them into a single new reaper, then would the loss of dozens (possibly hundreds) of reapers be worth it ?
Old 2010-12-13, 18:02   Link #67
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Well as it was said "We are each a nation." So yes there is a hive mind... one for each Reaper! xD

Well I personally think Sovereign was destroy because he had to take an extreme risk. And that was transfering his mind into an cyborg body to redo the lock on the citadel.
When the cyborg was destroyed by Shepard the backlash made Sovereign pass out, wich deactivated his shield systems... and thus he was fodder for the fleet.

Hell, It's about time! Can't wait for this game!
Old 2010-12-13, 18:10   Link #68
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Come to think of it, I'm actually more interested in seeing the "bad end" to all this as opposed to the happily ever after routine, so maybe my decision was for the best. So far, it seems like I've made a ton of decisions that'll bite me in the ass...might as well roll with it.

Spoiler:

...those are off the top of my head. I wonder what else I'm missing...

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 18:13   Link #69
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the reapers aren't ridiculously invincible.
sovereign was only able to attack the citadel with an entire geth fleet, while taking the defenders by surprise.
and it was destroyed all the same by the human fleet.
With quite some casualties regardless of the choices made.
Quote:
the reapers never faced an organized resistance force before
they always attacked the Citadel which is the hub of galactic civilization as their first move.
they take out the leadership of the various races on the citadel and then attack the rest of the races forces while they are isolated and in a state of panic and confusion.
they also switch off the mass relays, which makes it impossible for the various races to come to each others help.
That is actually an incredibly effective and self-efficient tactic, deactivating any sort of Relay transportation and destroying the seats of power so the rest of the galaxy would be in a series of ricochet events that continue to immobilize and trap them.

Quote:
a truly invincible race, wouldn't need to worry about organised resistance.
the fact that the reapers clearly do, means that they might be a lot less powerful then they are cracked up to be.
We've only seen one Reaper die, it's too early to say what they can fully do.

Quote:
also, you need to consider the purpose of the "harvest cycle"
if the goal of each cycle is to harvest the new races and turn them into a single new reaper, then would the loss of dozens (possibly hundreds) of reapers be worth it ?
I'm not going to touch this one.

Quote:
- Called the Quarians a bunch of pussies and told 'em to go to war.
I've only done this once, and I immediately felt bad because the Quarians are liable to have massive casualties.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-12-13 at 22:59.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 18:38   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn I'm looking forward to this. Too bad it's a year away . Might do another run through ME2 to make sure I've got a good group of Shepards ready for whatever consequences my decisions have had. Glad I kept the Queen alive since I'm sure the Rachni will be helpful during this. Lot of things to wonder about like the crew. They better mostly make returns since we spent almost all of ME2 gathering them up. Will be one heck of a struggle against the Reapers considering how tough they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I've only done this once, and I immediately felt bad because the Quarians are liable to have massive casualties.
Yeah I'm a bit worried about making them do that. Of course actually did tell them to go beat up the Geth, though could easily backfire. They get massive casualties from the conflict and neither they or the Geth could be less useful in a final battle. But if they don't have somewhere to drop off the noncombatants might be less willing to fight anyways. Some decisions aren't so clear whether they are right or wrong yet. Will have to wait and see how events unfold.
Old 2010-12-13, 19:00   Link #71
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Damn I'm looking forward to this. Too bad it's a year away . Might do another run through ME2 to make sure I've got a good group of Shepards ready for whatever consequences my decisions have had. Glad I kept the Queen alive since I'm sure the Rachni will be helpful during this. Lot of things to wonder about like the crew. They better mostly make returns since we spent almost all of ME2 gathering them up. Will be one heck of a struggle against the Reapers considering how tough they are.
I just realized not killing off the Queen could be a bad thing what if the Reapers sours the song of their mother and causes the children to go crazy again devouring worlds, Rachni have been shown to be quite influenced by indoctrination and their kind is easily frenzied. Which makes me think Bioware could pull up a twist where saving the Rachni was a bad thing.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 19:16   Link #72
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Which makes me think Bioware could pull up a twist where saving the Rachni was a bad thing.
Bugs are always a bad thing. I have no regrets.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 19:45   Link #73
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

None of the 'paragon decisions' in ME1 followed through towards a 'you should had been an amoral asshole' scenario though.

Human Council were a bigger ass than the one you saved, Udina's politics is no better than Anderson's other than the fact you make Anderson his underling, Destiny Ascension ended up having more lives than all of the Alliance attack force put together, Rachni is pretty much confirmed for 'good nice bugs,' Krogans are even more messed up if you killed Wrex. The villains you spared in ME1 ended in harmless cameos that showed that they've turned a new leaf... aside from that one Asari who still plays with Krogan quads in labs.

And every other in-game decision? Barely had any semblance of 'repercussion' or 'result' as they've ended up as nothing more than e-mails. I still call bullshit on Bioware for not having the "Sole Survivor" backstory of Shepard being part of a dialogue option with TIM.

Arguably the only 'Renegade' that was 'better' was the "Punch the Reporter" scene, but even that is debatable since I always preferred beating her at her own game.

That being said, ME2 had overall less 'choices' but more dramatic ones that are more difficult to judge so it's interesting to see how daring Bioware is willing to be. Like the decision on Kasumi's Black Box, Project Overlord, Geth and the Reaper Base. All of them have their good and bad.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 23:02   Link #74
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Bugs are always a bad thing. I have no regrets.
..... I like few bugs, but the rachni are awesome. :3 Would really suck if you had a FFA with the Reapers, the allied forces of the galaxy, and the Rachni though....
Old 2010-12-13, 23:12   Link #75
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If you save the rachni but destroy the Collecters base I think saving the bugs will make up for the base. and vice virsa
Old 2010-12-13, 23:17   Link #76
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Could be a very silly question but do the rachni even have a fleet of space ships now? Seems like all the reapers are giant ufos of doom
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 00:03   Link #77
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal View Post
Could be a very silly question but do the rachni even have a fleet of space ships now? Seems like all the reapers are giant ufos of doom
Probably something akin to the Zergs of Starcraft, where they are transported by something like an Overseer or some sort.

Or they don't join the fray in space and only attack the ground-based enemy Geth (Which wouldn't be a whole lot if you chose to keep them in Legion's personal quest.)
Old 2010-12-14, 00:10   Link #78
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Probably something akin to the Zergs of Starcraft, where they are transported by something like an Overseer or some sort.

Or they don't join the fray in space and only attack the ground-based enemy Geth (Which wouldn't be a whole lot if you chose to keep them in Legion's personal quest.)
who says they dont have wings? >_> haha
Old 2010-12-14, 00:53   Link #79
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
who says they dont have wings? >_> haha
Rachni have their own spaceships. ME2's news reports occasionally mentions "scout ships with rachni designs."

Not to mention the Rachni are smart enough to repair advanced Asari spaceships, making their own ships hardly seem far-fetched.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 01:18   Link #80
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Not to mention the Rachni are smart enough to repair advanced Asari spaceships, making their own ships hardly seem far-fetched.
It's unknown if it is due to intelligence that the Rachni could fix the ship, or the possibility that the Queen simply took the information from the Asari's mind.

Whatever the case, they are on the rise and will definitely make an appearance in the last game (here's hoping their appearance or lack thereof will result in the life or death of one of your crew: specifically, if you did not save the Rachni, then one of your crew will die; but if you did save the Queen, then one of your crew will live (similar to the ship upgrades from MS: 2)).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass