Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-23, 23:34   Link #13981
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
She's much calmer now though compared to how she was a little while ago, just as possible that this might actually be when she redeems herself even
Lol, that would be on possibility. But I think the reason she is calm is that Schneizel is using the name of Euphie to keep Nina in check. I think that Nina sees Schneizel as a main supporter of Euphie, so she clings to him as a support net to keep her sanity in check. But once that net is taken away, woe be those who are there to see Nina's sanity come crashing down. By the time she is put out of the fans misery, there willl be an untold number of lives that would have been laid waist.
Old 2008-06-23, 23:36   Link #13982
aznpatown

Hmmm....
I was wondering does the emperor have the same geass as lelouche?
if he does...doesnt he also have a limit?
since um (forgot her name girl with orange hair) has been used geass before how is she affected by the geass the emperor or some other person used to change everybody's memories so tat they fit in rollo as lelouche's brother. Woudlnt they have the same restrictions as lelouche's geass?
Old 2008-06-23, 23:37   Link #13983
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Lol, that would be on possibility. But I think the reason she is calm is that Schneizel is using the name of Euphie to keep Nina in check. I think that Nina sees Schneizel as a main supporter of Euphie, so she clings to him as a support net to keep her sanity in check. But once that net is taken away, woe be those who are there to see Nina's sanity come crashing down. By the time she is put out of the fans misery, there willl be an untold number of lives that would have been laid waist.
Well, we'll see, nothing to really suggest it at this point though and it's pretty far out there for the moment, requiring a bunch of different factors in order for it to really mesh
Old 2008-06-23, 23:42   Link #13984
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
I just thought of something concerning Lelouch and the Chinese Federation.
Spoiler for Probable upcoming episode plot:
The deal that Lelouch made with the eunuchs actually might have been at Schniezel's bidding, depending on how long ago Schniezel started to brainstorm the arranged marriage between Tianzi and Odysseus.

The eunuchs might have came to Schniezel with information about Zero's plan beforehand, and might be the reason why there was no serious uproar about the 1 million man exile, even if Suzaku allowed it.

I mean, the eunuchs did announce the marriage pretty much right after the Black Knights settled in. Even though they left Area 11, the Black Knights would still be under the eunuchs' control, and thereby Britannia's control. The marriage would just make it official. The representatives of both Britannia and the Chinese Federation had an "understanding" the whole time.

With the eunuchs falling out of power though, I really see no reason for any pretense of peace between Britannia and the Chinese Federation.

The Chinese people know that they were sold by the eunuchs to Britannia from the eunuchs' own voices. For them to cause riots and protests all over the country would indicate that many of them are pretty riled up.

And Britannia doesn't necessarily have to make any pretensions at peace, especially since their puppets, the eunuchs, are no more.
Old 2008-06-24, 00:03   Link #13985
KrimzonStriker

Uhh, not to put a damper but it's not like Britannia has an pretenses toward war with the C.F either way considering Schneizel did withdraw after all and if they wanted to disregard the possibility of conflict then they would have continued in order to eliminate the Order of the Black Knights, but considering the implication Schneizel pretty much let the Eunuch's take the fall for the whole mess which through his withdrawal would also help salvage Britannia's image a bit better at least to keep the C.F in check from making any outright movements toward aggression without a solid motivation or excuse to do so >_>
Old 2008-06-24, 00:08   Link #13986
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Uhh, not to put a damper but it's not like Britannia has an pretenses toward war with the C.F either way considering Schneizel did withdraw after all and if they wanted to disregard the possibility of conflict then they would have continued in order to eliminate the Order of the Black Knights, but considering the implication Schneizel pretty much let the Eunuch's take the fall for the whole mess which through his withdrawal would also help salvage Britannia's image a bit better at least to keep the C.F in check from making any outright movements toward aggression without a solid motivation or excuse to do so >_>
No, they wouldn't go to war right out.

But, if any type of incident occurs, even one that involves the Black Knights, I don't see either side giving much thought to any diplomacy after this incident. Do you?
Old 2008-06-24, 00:10   Link #13987
Traece
:cool:

The issue with the Chinese Federation is that it's a large country, like Britannia.
In fact the main issue with Season 2 is that Lelouch is acquiring as much international support as he possibly can. This is really a World War II scenario. Britannia is Axis, trying to acquire the entire world under their rule. The Order of the Black Knights is the Allied forces. If you remember, the United States wasn't involved in World War II until U.S. citizens died (if my knowledge of history is correct... I'm assuming it is). This is really the same thing. The Chinese Federation is the U.S. in this case (Yeah yeah Britannia has North America, bite me. Grrr. Rawr. Rawr...) and have now sided with Lelouch. The Chinese Federation is a powerful nation, and now the nation is no longer corrupt and it has the backing of its people. Britannia has no chance with the Chinese Federation now, unfortunately, as Lulu personally liberated the Chinese from their corrupt leaders who attempted to ruin their society by trying to rule out the Emperess. Tradition wins.

The EuroUniverse (Tokkan says Euro Universe, it sounds stupid so it's probably right) is Lulu's next target. If he can acquire their assistance not only does he have a direct route to Britannia's main forces and homeland, but the support of (most likely) the two strongest nations beside Britannia.

Edit: Hah.. I just noticed Chinese Federation Chinese Federation Chinese Federation... Began three lines with it. *Facepalm*

Last edited by Traece; 2008-06-24 at 00:15. Reason: All hail the Chinese Federation!
Old 2008-06-24, 00:13   Link #13988
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
The European Union (I believe they called Europe the European Union?)
Nope, they call it "Euro Universe" in the Geass universe. Obviously a corruption of "Europa Universalis" (Universal Europe, meaning Europe as one unified entity).
Old 2008-06-24, 00:19   Link #13989
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
If you remember, the United States wasn't involved in World War II until U.S. citizens died (if my knowledge of history is correct... I'm assuming it is).
Gosh I hope so, resident of Idaho!!
Quote:
This is really the same thing. The Chinese Federation is the U.S. in this case (Yeah yeah Britannia has North America, bite me. Grrr. Rawr. Rawr...)
That's been a big source of consternation to be sure with many American CG viewers...

Quote:
The European Union (I believe they called Europe the European Union?) is Lulu's next target. If he can acquire their assistance not only does he have a direct route to Britannia's main forces and homeland, but the support of (most likely) the two strongest nations beside Britannia.
It's called the European Universe I think, and to my knowledge Cornelia, Schneizel and the Rounds have already decimated much of it.

ed: looks like Tokkan got the "Universe" before me grrr.....
Old 2008-06-24, 00:22   Link #13990
Traece

They took France... That's it if memory serves. At least I think that's all..

No, unfortunately them taking the U.S. isn't a big bone of contention. Nor does me being a resident of Idaho have anything to do with it. I'm a citizen of the United States, but that doesn't mean much either. Kind of feel like you're picking on me here geewhiz. Frankly, that's quite insulting.

I corrected myself on the name too, thanks to Tokkan. Just giving Tokkan his dues. ^_^

Edit: Contrary to popular belief I have never seen or even heard of a potato farm, in Idaho. Ask anyone in the North of Idaho, it's practically a different state. Southern Idaho is a bad place...
Old 2008-06-24, 00:25   Link #13991
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
No, unfortunately them taking the U.S. isn't a big bone of contention. Nor does me being a resident of Idaho have anything to do with it. I'm a citizen of the United States, but that doesn't mean much either. Kind of feel like you're picking on me here geewhiz. Frankly, that's quite insulting.
Oh cool yer jets I'm just teasin' yeh a little!!! Srsly dude no hard feelins!!
Old 2008-06-24, 00:35   Link #13992
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
They took France... That's it if memory serves. At least I think that's all..

I corrected myself on the name too, thanks to Tokkan. Just giving Tokkan his dues. ^_^

Edit: Contrary to popular belief I have never seen or even heard of a potato farm, in Idaho. Ask anyone in the North of Idaho, it's practically a different state. Southern Idaho is a bad place...
No they made peace with France. Nina remarked about how they could've conquered them and was surprised that Schenzeil just settled with a ceasefire.
Old 2008-06-24, 00:40   Link #13993
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
No they made peace with France. Nina remarked about how they could've conquered them and was surprised that Schenzeil just settled with a ceasefire.
That makes it all the more odd that while Brittannia seems to have an edge technologically, according to Diethard its system is on its way out...
Old 2008-06-24, 00:44   Link #13994
Traece

I think Britannia is trying not to look like the next Nazi party and act as if they're NOT trying to take over the world. It would appear that Britannia will wait as long as it has to for gaining complete domination. They don't necessarily have to thin their forces endlessly with war after war and acquire the hatred of all the remaining free nations. Obviously Britannia is starting to run in to serious trouble. Zero is now practically in control of a very powerful nation that posesses technology on par with Britannia. Zero has Lakshata, and Indian scientist. China has India, who will probably side with the Chinese Federation now that Zero is there. Lelouch has a way of getting everyone to agree.
Old 2008-06-24, 00:56   Link #13995
NoLongerSane

The problem with Britainia is that that superpower is being lead by a guy who goes by a survival of the fittest mentality. Honestly, Charles is a speach away of having "You keep what you kill" as the official slogan for his country.
Old 2008-06-24, 00:58   Link #13996
Traece

Quote:
Honestly, Charles is a speach away of having "You keep what you kill" as the official slogan for his country.
Where's Vin Diesel when you need him?

It wouldn't surprise me though. But if Britannia became that sort of society, then you can bet they would take the world by force, and probably win.
Old 2008-06-24, 00:59   Link #13997
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Hey, maybe that will be Charles's answer against Zero's alliance.
Old 2008-06-24, 01:11   Link #13998
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Ahh, it wasn't Nonnette, some kind of former Knight of Round who acts as a pseudo manager for the group though now I'd really like a link back to that if sneaker novel anyone has it
Summary
Translation
Old 2008-06-24, 01:18   Link #13999
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

On Odysseus: I feel we might have to look at the myths to see what he'll be up to with Guinevere.....

On Guinevere: For some reason, I see Suzaku falling into her gasp.....

On Cornelia: Well, about this screenshot:

She seems pretty familiar with the person below:

Yeah, I know people already talked about this, but just posting good screenshots.
Old 2008-06-24, 01:20   Link #14000
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If anyone wanted further proof that the preview screen above is indeed Cornelia, please note that she's holding the same sword-like pistol she aimed at Zero when Euphy was trapped in that hotel by the JLF.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers