AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-15, 04:14   Link #1321
LordJedi

Anybody knows the name of the song that plays during the R2 blu-ray commercials and in episode 23 at around 21:00?
LordJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 04:15   Link #1322
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJedi View Post
Anybody knows the name of the song that plays during the R2 blu-ray commercials and in episode 23 at around 21:00?
"Love is Justice", from R2 OST 1.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 13:10   Link #1323
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Sayoko ran, that's how. She's who Schneizel was referring to last episode.
I see. I didn't realise this. Thanks for the clarification.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 16:13   Link #1324
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Well, there is theiur logic : To make forgot that Euphie killed a bunch of people, they are going to kill more...
How a sweet way to honor her memory I wonder what Euphy would have prefered ? To be the Massacre princess ? Or to be forget as the Massacre princess by causing indirectly the death of a lot of more people ?

They aren't really rational IMO...
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
yeah it just doesn't seem right...
Ultimately I think both Lelouch and Suzaku are being selfish in this task. If I was to bet I'm thinking this is what Suzaku wanted out of the deal. It's his price for going along with the plan.
C.C. probably wants her happy death.
Lelouch wants to make a peaceful world
Suzaku probably wants to clear Euphy's name.

People don't easily forget mass slaughters. Only way to really make people forget about a crime is to hide it within an even greater crime.
People often don't think about a murder if recently 1,000 people are killed in a bombing.
Yeah I'm sure Euphy would want the nice and gentle way, but she'd always be remembered by the masses as a killer.

I believe Lelouch plans on dying being known as a great tyrant. It would explain why he was so distant with Kallen. He probably doesn't want her to share their fate.

Just my belief though.
Old 2008-09-16, 22:34   Link #1325
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Ultimately I think both Lelouch and Suzaku are being selfish in this task. If I was to bet I'm thinking this is what Suzaku wanted out of the deal. It's his price for going along with the plan.
C.C. probably wants her happy death.
Lelouch wants to make a peaceful world
Suzaku probably wants to clear Euphy's name.

People don't easily forget mass slaughters. Only way to really make people forget about a crime is to hide it within an even greater crime.
People often don't think about a murder if recently 1,000 people are killed in a bombing.
Yeah I'm sure Euphy would want the nice and gentle way, but she'd always be remembered by the masses as a killer.

I believe Lelouch plans on dying being known as a great tyrant. It would explain why he was so distant with Kallen. He probably doesn't want her to share their fate.

Just my belief though.
still kind of pointless in my opinion...there are other ways to fix things...and man he should've at least been with kallen :'(, especially since she has no idea whats going on unless someone flat out told her...she just doesn't take hints meh

p.s. - i love your work man, i look forward to the new one every week haha
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 23:44   Link #1326
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
still kind of pointless in my opinion...there are other ways to fix things...and man he should've at least been with kallen :'(, especially since she has no idea whats going on unless someone flat out told her...she just doesn't take hints meh

p.s. - i love your work man, i look forward to the new one every week haha
I can understand what he's doing though. It's the whole point. It's like what I said. No one will remember a random murder of a family that happened years ago if a bomb goes off that kills thousands. At least for the masses and history. I THINK what they have planned is to cause such an act that Euphy will fade into nothing in comparison. It's rather noble to sacrifice themselves to clear her name. Though I'm thinking Suzaku is using Lelouch's mindset. He thought Nunnally was dead. He probably thinks he has nothing else to live for.
Any gentle and peaceful way they could do things wouldn't wipe Euphimia's actions out from history. She would always be remembered as the murdering princess. It doesn't help now that Nunnally may be taking her place.

I agree that I wish and hope that at least Kallen will get to understand what he's doing. If you see he extended preview of next weeks episode it shows more of Kallen inside the Guren as she faces Lelouch. It looks like she's talking to him and her eyes are teared up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TExE-6nsJqQ
I don't think Lelouch can tell her though what he has planned or what he thinks of her. It would explain why he stayed quiet.
If he had said the truth or pretty much anything he risked her joining him, then she would have to suffer the same fate. I think he wants her keep her from dying with him. Lelouch, C.C., and Suzaku all want to die, but they have a goal to achieve before they do.

I probably wont be making any more Code Geass 4komas.
You might want to check my devArt profile. I've tried to get the information out.
http://foxxfireart.deviantart.com/

I haven't watched episode 23 yet. I did watch the extended preview for episode 24. The previews never really ruin anything. I'm waiting till the series is over, then I'll watch it in one sitting. I can't wait week for week as they screw with Kallen's character. My hope is that at least one point she finds out what he's up to. I just don't see how. Someone will have to tell her. Out of the three that know I don't think any will tell her.

I'm mostly staying out of the forum threads to avoid spoilers, or I'm talking about other animes.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:30   Link #1327
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I can understand what he's doing though. It's the whole point. It's like what I said. No one will remember a random murder of a family that happened years ago if a bomb goes off that kills thousands. At least for the masses and history. I THINK what they have planned is to cause such an act that Euphy will fade into nothing in comparison. It's rather noble to sacrifice themselves to clear her name. Though I'm thinking Suzaku is using Lelouch's mindset. He thought Nunnally was dead. He probably thinks he has nothing else to live for.
Any gentle and peaceful way they could do things wouldn't wipe Euphimia's actions out from history. She would always be remembered as the murdering princess. It doesn't help now that Nunnally may be taking her place.

I agree that I wish and hope that at least Kallen will get to understand what he's doing. If you see he extended preview of next weeks episode it shows more of Kallen inside the Guren as she faces Lelouch. It looks like she's talking to him and her eyes are teared up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TExE-6nsJqQ
I don't think Lelouch can tell her though what he has planned or what he thinks of her. It would explain why he stayed quiet.
If he had said the truth or pretty much anything he risked her joining him, then she would have to suffer the same fate. I think he wants her keep her from dying with him. Lelouch, C.C., and Suzaku all want to die, but they have a goal to achieve before they do.

I probably wont be making any more Code Geass 4komas.
You might want to check my devArt profile. I've tried to get the information out.
http://foxxfireart.deviantart.com/

I haven't watched episode 23 yet. I did watch the extended preview for episode 24. The previews never really ruin anything. I'm waiting till the series is over, then I'll watch it in one sitting. I can't wait week for week as they screw with Kallen's character. My hope is that at least one point she finds out what he's up to. I just don't see how. Someone will have to tell her. Out of the three that know I don't think any will tell her.

I'm mostly staying out of the forum threads to avoid spoilers, or I'm talking about other animes.
yeah i know what you mean by the whole distancing himself away from kallen to protect her (and thats why he said goodbye both after the kiss and the "live on" after he was about to get shot)

the only thing that i had troulbe with was lulu's plans AFTER he rejected his father for trying to make everyone "take off their masks". To me it just felt out of place for lulu to geass everyone, but it's understandable i guess.

Don't you think this is getting a bit rushed though? And can someone point to me where the thread/link is to the site that says the producers rushed it because they THOUGHT they had a 3rd season? Is that true? or just an excuse...
Old 2008-09-17, 16:32   Link #1328
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
no third season, geass ends after this final maybe an OAV overview of all episodes they had like they now do with Gurren and like they did with Seed and Seed Destiny

eitherway more questions and answeres, less discussion =)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 16:33   Link #1329
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
no third season, geass ends after this final maybe an OAV overview of all episodes they had like they now do with Gurren and like they did with Seed and Seed Destiny

eitherway more questions and answeres, less discussion =)
what i wanted to know was, ORIGINALLY, did they write the R2 script to fit 3 seasons? and then found out near the end that they only had two seasons to work with? Thus the unbelievable fast pace that almost feels a bit weird/awkward?
Old 2008-09-17, 16:36   Link #1330
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
what i wanted to know was, ORIGINALLY, did they write the R2 script to fit 3 seasons? and then found out near the end that they only had two seasons to work with? Thus the unbelievable fast pace that almost feels a bit weird/awkward?
there was an article in which was written that the director had to change his entire script (for R2) but that contained different material, as in a different situations and maybe more explenations on unsolved bussiness like Suzaku's strength. the amounth of episodes were still the same back then aka 50 episodes the amounth never changed its a standard number for a show like this
Old 2008-09-17, 16:52   Link #1331
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
there was an article in which was written that the director had to change his entire script (for R2) but that contained different material, as in a different situations and maybe more explenations on unsolved bussiness like Suzaku's strength. the amounth of episodes were still the same back then aka 50 episodes the amounth never changed its a standard number for a show like this
ahh good, thank you so much. Any idea if they plan to release some of those "unsolved businesses" in future ovas or w/e?
Old 2008-09-17, 17:22   Link #1332
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
ahh good, thank you so much. Any idea if they plan to release some of those "unsolved businesses" in future ovas or w/e?
if they are going to do an OAV then they will replay the series, in other words same material but more hasted cause they have to shrink it in there, more likely they will have some new interludes from CC or Lulu but don't expect anything you haven't seen before OAV's like that are just money milking, like now the gurren lagann movie which just follows what everyone has already seen if they've watched the series, I don't find them enjoyable =< too rushed and nothing new
Old 2008-09-19, 01:48   Link #1333
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Dunno whether this has already been issued here, but will manga and light novel adaptations follow the original plot which the writer had in mind for R2, or are they going to be copy of the anime on paper?
Old 2008-09-19, 08:23   Link #1334
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Dunno whether this has already been issued here, but will manga and light novel adaptations follow the original plot which the writer had in mind for R2, or are they going to be copy of the anime on paper?
they are both from different people and ofc different
for starters the manga is a lot more simple well the Lelouch of the rebellion one is, don't expect the hard core action you see in the anime, I havent read much of the manga of this one but it is duller than the anime but it follows the same basic plot aka Lelouch gets geass but the cool Knightmare action was skipped sorta

Knightmare of Nunnally is a lot better than Lelouch of the Rebellion manga and it is a lot different, the Suzaku of the counterattack is all a big joke IMO remember the lancelot suit in some of the episodes, a guy wearing the mask etc. that is what that one is about

the novels aren't from the production team, its made by a fan and deals more with past things rather than the current storyline -> more insight on pasts of other characters, like Anya and Gino and Suzaku, Lelouch's and Nunnally's time in Japan when they were kids, they arent canon to the series though show some simularities at some points, the novels won't get to the point where it retells the code geass anime and a lot of people say its crap because it isnt canon , the writer obviously has a heart for suzalulu pairings and yaoi
Old 2008-09-20, 11:44   Link #1335
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

in response to what Karuma brouht up...where can i get Knightmare of Nunally - in good quality?

it's a fanfiction right? like a fan made manga?
Old 2008-09-20, 11:47   Link #1336
Dream_Traveller
Banned

It's actually made, if I recall, by the series' directors. Not illustrated, but...eh.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 12:04   Link #1337
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
in response to what Karuma brouht up...where can i get Knightmare of Nunally - in good quality?

it's a fanfiction right? like a fan made manga?
Nightmare of Nunnally is an official manga.
(Official mearly means licenced and the publisher will not be sued. It does not mean canon. This appiles to all 5 novel series and all 4 manga series.)

It's licensed in US too. The first issue will be released in March 2009. So you better not ask for scans here.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 17:02   Link #1338
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Nightmare of Nunnally is an official manga.
(Official mearly means licenced and the publisher will not be sued. It does not mean canon. This appiles to all 5 novel series and all 4 manga series.)

It's licensed in US too. The first issue will be released in March 2009. So you better not ask for scans here.
oh it's an ACTUAL manga...haha had i know that, i wouldn't have asked, imma prolli go buy it then if it comes out in march, sick
Old 2008-09-21, 20:01   Link #1339
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

This is more then likely asked ALL the time but, Does Kallen's mother have a name? Or that girl Lulu made carve lines into the wall have a name?

Old 2008-09-21, 23:23   Link #1340
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pisces View Post
This is more then likely asked ALL the time but, Does Kallen's mother have a name? Or that girl Lulu made carve lines into the wall have a name?
Written on the character setting sketches:
1. "カレンのお母さん", which means "Kallen's mother".
2. "印子" (nickname), which is basically the same as how some English forums address her, "Carve-tan" (Miss Carve).
2ch people gave her a nickname 壁子 (Wall-tan). This unofficial nickname is probably more well-known.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a