AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-28, 16:07   Link #2181
miketyson

Just realized something minor, but kinda cool. If you think back to the episode where Mikono almost leaves the academy (ep 4), there's the scene on the boat where Zen takes control of the boat she's on and brings her back to Neo-Deava.

The sequence there is Mikono seeing them fighting, claiming she feels a strange feeling, and iirc immediately after she says that Zen's like "ok, time to go!" and takes her back. My interpretation: she'd *already* connected with Amata and Cayenne (probably Zessica too, ), and so Zen was just following her around until he could confirm her powers were as expected. As soon as he had confirmation he brought her back...I think it fits, and is a nice touch.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 18:51   Link #2182
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post

however mikage does seem to believe "if everyone admires just one flower then a garden wouldn't bloom" which for some reason makes a lot of sense in real life but who knows what mikage is thinking when he said that.
Don't know why but this phrase reminded me to the game theory and the Nash equilibrium. Don't know if it fit or not, anyways that phrase could imply that the Altair strategy to gain their Eve is wrong. And it is quite obvious: if their goal is to perpetuate the species, searching for only one girl is not the best way to do it. Instead of a strategy where each man "admires" his own flower.
If we use *court/love* instead of "admire" and *being reciprocate* as "bloom" it makes more sense. It looks like Mykage knows that Altair's strategy is wrong, in fact that is his own strategy, because he want to find the "girl" and in some ways has convinced them to follow his strategy and more that he is helping them to find her. But this is the opposite. So the strategy used so far is the worst for them, first, evolutionary-wise, because only one would win over the girl and every other contender would lose. Second because the winner is obviously Mykage who will cheat them
Mykage on the other hand has everything to gain, because he has an entire planet focused on finding what he is looking for.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 19:08   Link #2183
Ypocaramel

well the use of game theory to analyse Aquarion is innovate, that's for sure.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 19:42   Link #2184
mayumi

most of the time we have been discussing if mikono or zessica is silvia and there are lot of scenes where i felt ok mikono is like silvia maybe not in character but her powers and the way she does some things. but for amata i have yet to have a "aha" moment that makes me think oh he is like apollo or apollonius or reminded me of any old scenes from the old series. even when apollo was trying to be nice or kind, i still don't see amata in him.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 21:41   Link #2185
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
OH GOD.

<----Was an International Relations/Poly Sci Major Undergrad and is a Econ Major in Grad School
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 22:57   Link #2186
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
most of the time we have been discussing if mikono or zessica is silvia and there are lot of scenes where i felt ok mikono is like silvia maybe not in character but her powers and the way she does some things. but for amata i have yet to have a "aha" moment that makes me think oh he is like apollo or apollonius or reminded me of any old scenes from the old series. even when apollo was trying to be nice or kind, i still don't see amata in him.
I don't really think there is much ground to go on with Zessica either at this point (or much the rest of the cast for that matter), aside from her very vaguely defined "Force" ability which has only once been used to do much of anything even remotely telekinetic, she's not really shown obvious signs of being anyone (vaguely torn armor and vague ED pictures are vague and non-admissible in a court of wild guessing). The only characters really hinting at a past life are Kagura and Mikono as Apollo and Sylvia, Shrade as possibly Sirius, and Mykage as Touma.

What reason do any other past characters even have for being reincarnated, anyway? The only two souls that seem (and are) special in this story are Apollonius and Celianne (and Touma), and by extension Apollo and Sylvia/Sirius. (Maybe Scorpius as the ever necessary balance.) But considering that Amata, Zessica, Mix, Andy, Cayenne, etc, don't have any obvious ties to the past like Mikono, Kagura, Shrade, or Mykage (the latter two are still suspect), I think we're looking for a lot of details that don't exist.
Old 2012-02-28, 23:48   Link #2187
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
@mayumi actually Mikono is a lot like Silvia. She simply lacks confidence because of her lack of powers but Silvia also had timid & vulnerable side as well. She was also insecure like Mikono because of her feathers--so she felt inferior to everyone in some ways . (So does Amata. Because he is more like Silvia than Mikono in a lot of ways) So did Sirius... and her jealousy of Zessica is a lot like Silvia... I can't go into detail atm.

Just stopping by to drop these off. If you quoted me, I can't really answer until tomorrow evening at the earliest

I just wanted to share these I have a few more to share later....I will just post these right now

Mix Render from ED, Redrawn and Recolored

Zessica Render from ED Redrawn an Recolored

Spoiler for Zessica from ED Redrawn an Recolored with Background:
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 02:16   Link #2188
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I don't really think there is much ground to go on with Zessica either at this point (or much the rest of the cast for that matter), aside from her very vaguely defined "Force" ability which has only once been used to do much of anything even remotely telekinetic, she's not really shown obvious signs of being anyone (vaguely torn armor and vague ED pictures are vague and non-admissible in a court of wild guessing). The only characters really hinting at a past life are Kagura and Mikono as Apollo and Sylvia, Shrade as possibly Sirius, and Mykage as Touma.

What reason do any other past characters even have for being reincarnated, anyway? The only two souls that seem (and are) special in this story are Apollonius and Celianne (and Touma), and by extension Apollo and Sylvia/Sirius. (Maybe Scorpius as the ever necessary balance.) But considering that Amata, Zessica, Mix, Andy, Cayenne, etc, don't have any obvious ties to the past like Mikono, Kagura, Shrade, or Mykage (the latter two are still suspect), I think we're looking for a lot of details that don't exist.
But Amata did know the forbidden name. He also apparently has déjà vu feeling regarding Kagura and Mikono.

It seems to indicate some ties to the past (much more than Shrade for example). Unless those are intentionnal red-herring.

As for Zessica I'm betting on her being part od the reincarnation mess, but it's true that apart for some very cryptic hints (that could not be hint at all and just my wishful thinkings), nothing really indicates ties to the past so far.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-02-29 at 06:54.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 05:27   Link #2189
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Silvia's power was telekinesis but this is another life hence elemental powers are not the same.
Well, it's as valid a theory as any.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 05:45   Link #2190
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
But Amata did know the forbidden name. He also apparently has déjà vu feeling regarding Kagura and Mikono.
Maybe he watched the movie? I was wondering, was that "forbidden" name spoken in the movie?

Actually, most of his vibe around Mikono can be explained by movie-Alicia related so far. The thing is that he was introduced as troubled by that, so the hints could be misleading (is he a reincarnation or is he a descendant?).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 06:22   Link #2191
mayumi

@vena, and Lord of Pandemonium, i already said mikono is most likely silvia. however until its confirmed i won't count zessica out yet. i just can't stand mikono so i am unwilling to totally accept she is all silvia.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 06:37   Link #2192
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Maybe he watched the movie? I was wondering, was that "forbidden" name spoken in the movie?

Actually, most of his vibe around Mikono can be explained by movie-Alicia related so far. The thing is that he was introduced as troubled by that, so the hints could be misleading (is he a reincarnation or is he a descendant?).
the film was 'the skies of aquaria'.

BTW,I'm more leaning to Kagura being the legit Appollo reincarnation if there is only one, but I wouldn't count Amata out yet.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 07:52   Link #2193
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Well if it was spoken in the movie it wouldn't be forbidden and secret, would it? The movie's title has "Aquaria" in it, so I think we can safely assume that the mecha in it was called Aquaria, like the F and M type "Aquarion" mecha. Not to mention that not even Suomi (who is apparently a Head Priestess of sorts?) knew the name Aquarion despite it being the centre of their religion(?? wtf?).

And Amata didn't just know the name, he also knew what to do once he was in the cockpit. So...

Btw, it's interesting to look at what various people know about the background. At Vega people think the story of Aquaria, Apollon and Silvie is a fairytale, and apparently only a few select individuals know more (Fudou, Crea, Donar and whatshisname, the commander - then again, I'm sure Fudou is pretty much all-knowing and Crea also knows a lot more than she lets on). Over at Altair, Izumo, Mykage, Jin and Kagura apparently know more. They referred to Aquarion as "Mechanical angel" (used by the Angels in srs 1, and maybe others as well?), Kagura recognized the Solar Wing and Mykage and Izumo recognized the Mugen Attack/Punch as the "forbidden technique". (And I'm pretty sure this is not because they're all huge fans of the movie - Mykage's presence and the wing/feather motifs all over Altair plus the dimension gate technology makes me suspect that Altair has Angels in its history.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 08:01   Link #2194
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That said, they don't seem to put in a hole lot of effort in concealing the 'forbidden name' with just the minimum change in letters

It's not even an Ana-gram
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 09:17   Link #2195
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And Amata didn't just know the name, he also knew what to do once he was in the cockpit. So...
We also have flashbacks of him being stalked by the robot, so maybe it was his only friend and he learned its name that way.
Old 2012-02-29, 09:40   Link #2196
kuromitsu

And suddenly I want a spinoff about the adventures of shota!Amata and Aquarion, titled "Me and My Robot Friend"...
Old 2012-02-29, 09:43   Link #2197
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And suddenly I want a spinoff about the adventures of shota!Amata and Aquarion, titled "Me and My Robot Friend"...
It would give that scene some... sense? It's a bit out of touch with the rest otherwise since every other flashback is a literal event in Amata's past, so bring it: Me and My Robot!
Old 2012-02-29, 09:51   Link #2198
miketyson

I *definitely* think that that flashback is related to the version of Cayenne's vision in which kiddy-Mikono approaches Aquarion and bad things happen. Beyond that we'll have to wait and find out.

In theory I'd like an OVA with Zen and Crea's world journeys, but it might be hard to make work without them being surrounded by comic foils.

Lord of Pandemonium: I have to hand it to you, those two "renderings" (is that the term) are really *phenomenal*. The one of MIX is fantastic. The one of Zessica I like, but as a bit of friendly constructive criticism you might want to lighten up the shading on the dark side of mirror-Zessica's face (especially lower-down, near her chin). It's just a shade or two too dark to blend in well with the rest of the work. Still phenomenal work though, I doff my cap in your general direction.
Old 2012-02-29, 09:55   Link #2199
kuromitsu

Well, we haven't seen all of Amata's memories - something interfered with Neo-Deava poking at his memories and destroyed the memory-poking machine, so there must be a huge (ROBOT-SIZED? ) secret lurking in his past that we'll learn when it's time...

(What I find more interesting at the moment is that if you look at that flashback, apparently Amata hasn't cleaned his room ever since he was a small boy...)
Old 2012-02-29, 09:58   Link #2200
miketyson

If you can float at will, a dirty floor all of a sudden seems a lot less annoying.

Comedy idea: Amata walking with Mikono in a public park. Feels himself steps on "something gross", starts flying. "Hmph, you really will fly for anything, won't you."

Tags
comedy, science fiction