Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-10, 20:21   Link #301
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
But Haganai's episode 0 is actually taken from the source material, so it's nicely structured "by default". This actual first episode of Amnesia did tried to dub as an episode 0 since pretty much all of the rules about Yuuko where implicit, along with the fact that there is a club with paranormal activities and every character was present; but it could have certainly being a lot clearer (such as, the narration giving small profiles for each character with details and such).
That would be my objection, even if I didn't read the manga. Haruhi's first aired episode was worse but still... I like character introduction. Well, if they do the intros in the following episodes then it won't be so bad. Just preference really.
Old 2012-04-10, 20:23   Link #302
Xacual

I noticed something that it seems like other people didn't but Momoe is being considered a member of the detective club?

Spoiler for Manga Difference:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 20:25   Link #303
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I noticed something that it seems like other people didn't but Momoe is being considered a member of the detective club?

Yeah, that's right but there's no stating she's a club member in the ep
Old 2012-04-10, 20:25   Link #304
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

Did they ever state she was in the club? Guests can visit.
Old 2012-04-10, 20:42   Link #305
Random Wanderer

Quote:

She is effectively part of the club. Given that it's an unofficial club started by someone who's been dead for 50 or 60 years, Momoe is as much a part of it as anyone else. She does as much work for the club as someone can do without knowing the truth about Yuuko.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 21:00   Link #306
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm reserving judgment on whether starting as they did was a good thing or not. We'll just have to see how they fill in what's gone before. But I thought it was a reasonable idea, anyway, even if it doesn't end up working. The problem with starting as the manga does is that it creates a long lead-up to when all hands are aboard. In a short series, maybe they preferred to go a different way.

But maybe it's just my own preference for trying something different. I thought that the way they started Haruhi worked brilliantly, throwing us off balance and making us wonder where we were and what was going on. Softening us up for the rest of the show.

I do have to admit that I enjoyed the early parts of the Tasogare manga, and was looking forward to seeing them animated. Maybe that comes next.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 21:27   Link #307
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yeah, that's right but there's no stating she's a club member in the ep
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Did they ever state she was in the club? Guests can visit.
Might have been the subs I watched but I saw her say she was a member.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 21:44   Link #308
Random Wanderer

Quote:
The fact that she's doing the daily diary for the club suggests membership, but it doesn't really matter. She involves herself in the club to the extent anyone can without knowing about Yuuko. Everyone considers her a member.
Old 2012-04-10, 21:55   Link #309
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Go easy on the details, now. We don't want to spoil those who haven't read the manga.
Old 2012-04-10, 22:13   Link #310
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm reserving judgment on whether starting as they did was a good thing or not. We'll just have to see how they fill in what's gone before. But I thought it was a reasonable idea, anyway, even if it doesn't end up working. The problem with starting as the manga does is that it creates a long lead-up to when all hands are aboard. In a short series, maybe they preferred to go a different way.

But maybe it's just my own preference for trying something different. I thought that the way they started Haruhi worked brilliantly, throwing us off balance and making us wonder where we were and what was going on. Softening us up for the rest of the show.

I do have to admit that I enjoyed the early parts of the Tasogare manga, and was looking forward to seeing them animated. Maybe that comes next.
It worked with Haruhi because the whole series is mixed up chronologically. Here, it's not. Plus it's a good mystery series and they spoiled a few of them with this first episode. If it wasn't a mystery series, I think it wouldn't be such a big deal for me.

Quote:
Well, minor detail. No biggie.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:12   Link #311
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hurry up, epsisode 2...I want to see/hear moar Yuuko-san~
Old 2012-04-11, 00:13   Link #312
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
The First Episode, I guess they tried to add a sense of "Mystery" to it... (but it just confused a lot of people, LOL)
Actually, that's what was missing from the episode that caused some of the rage around here.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:22   Link #313
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The same people probably raged when GOSICK "lacked in the mystery department".
Well, you can't really blame them, but I hope they reconsider their standards so that they would not end up ranting about it in the series thread.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:41   Link #314
Random Wanderer

Oh, just for the record on an earlier topic, Momoe declares herself to be a member of the club at the point when she's ranting to herself while Yuuko reads the papers she took out of Momoe's hands. "It's my duty as a member of the detective club to shed light on these mysteries" is how it's said in the version I have. You can actually hear her say "member" so that should be one minor concern off the table.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:51   Link #315
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Actually, that's what was missing from the episode that caused some of the rage around here.
Well, the mystery concerning the elevator was pretty minor if not the least compared to the other mysteries they'll be tackling. The first episode was just an insight of the main characters and their relationship with each other. I understand though there was some confusion with the dialogue and the episode could have been better executed. But I don't see how that can be considered a good reason to turntable rage and blacklist the entire series before the actual story begins.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 04:25   Link #316
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I think people have expressed their feelings enough. Any more tantrums and I'll do more than just remove a few posts. Act civil or don't post.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:19   Link #317
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Good lord, I love the VA cast. Especially Yuuko as Yumi Hara.

My mind keeps telling me it's Takane from iM@S since it seems like there isn't much of a difference in how they sound between the two. lul
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 13:52   Link #318
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well, having not read the manga I came to the series knowing very little about it, but must admit that I kinda liked ep 1. Nothing earthshaking, but it was good enough for me to give the nest few eps a try.
Old 2012-04-11, 13:57   Link #319
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm ... well, having not read the manga I came to the series knowing very little about it, but must admit that I kinda liked ep 1. Nothing earthshaking, but it was good enough for me to give the nest few eps a try.
Seeing the first episode made me look it up and it's quite nice. Up to chapter 22 (out of 32 available on the site).
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 22:11   Link #320
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Hmmm a ghost and a clueless girl this is just going to get more wacky

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural