AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 21:24   Link #1901
yuiichi9

Thanks for the answers. I read some on B-T but was curious about those things.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 21:36   Link #1902
Athena
The Power of One

Spoiler for Theory:
Old 2012-07-21, 22:06   Link #1903
zzhk
Summary Machine

Volume 3 is essentially done, so people are now free to compare it with the anime as much as they want.

However, I noticed a fair number of inaccuracies in the previous translator's work (Prologue + Chapter 1)
Fact #1: Godou's grandfather met Lucretia in university, NOT high school.

I'll put up the author's Afterword as a sign that V3 is truly finished when I'm done fixing the earlier chapters. I recommend people re-read those first two chapters when I'm finished because there are a number of significant changes. For example, there was a chunk missing from Yuri's confrontation with Godou in the V3 Prologue.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 22:10   Link #1904
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Read the novels instead of summaries, if they are available. Or else, there'd be no point of doing them entirely.
True, go and read the 1st two vols since it have been already translated.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 22:42   Link #1905
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Volume 4 is starting to have some activities, not sure if zzhk is doing it. I am really interested in vol 6, one of the far interesting Campiones is introduced.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 22:48   Link #1906
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

After finishing reading vol3, I realise how wrong i was about Melqart been dead and all.
Now i hope in vol12 there be a rematch between Godou and Melqart and Godou win and obtain the divine king authority.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2012-07-21, 22:52   Link #1907
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
After finishing reading vol3, I realise how wrong i was about Melqart been dead and all.
Now i hope in vol12 there be a rematch between Godou and Melqart and Godou win and obtain the divine king authority.
You mean vol 11, vol 12 was about Saint Nicholas or to be precise Santa Claus.
Old 2012-07-21, 23:03   Link #1908
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

After read vol 3........
I never thought that Verethragna and godou are friend
even just meet they`re really became friend
and
who is this?
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...one_v6_277.jpg
Old 2012-07-21, 23:07   Link #1909
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Man after reading Volume 3 Epilogue, Melqart seem to be dead. Isn't vols 11 where Godou fight Sir Salvatore?

Old 2012-07-21, 23:13   Link #1910
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Man after reading Volume 3 Epilogue, Melqart seem to be dead. Isn't vols 11 where Godou fight Sir Salvatore?
Yes, but he also encounters Melqart as well. Also the story of where Erica gotten the Title Diavolo Rosso and tells the story between Erica and Godou's relationship. Vol 3 was how they met and how Godou became a Campione as well the start of Erica having feelings for Godou. Vol 11 completes it. Oh and Ruki0089 that is Luo Hao. The Jiangnan or for more broad interpretation, the Chinese Campione. She is rivals with Voban and are bitter enemies as well the same age.
Old 2012-07-21, 23:14   Link #1911
zzhk
Summary Machine

Both actually. The Volume 11 antagonists are Melqart then Salvatore.

*Edit: Too slow.

Just to elaborate, Jiangnan in Chinese means "south of the river" and basically refers to Southern China (essentially the area south of the Changjiang River).

In short, Jiangnan = Southern China
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 23:44   Link #1912
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I don't know, is dithar asking a more philosophical question about where humans (and their souls) come from, if gods come from humans? In other words, who is the ultimate creator?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
I believe so because I think I remember a line saying something like gods exist because humans believe in them, thus they will continue to exist even if they are "killed". In a sense human's created them in the case of this light novel(thus the birth of their soul). Their personality is probably from the author's creativity, i don't think it really derives from anything within the story.
I was asking a simple philosophical question. Its just like TJP1600 said.
In a sense in this LN, humans are the creator of gods..at least Heretic gods, right?
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:00   Link #1913
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
She is rivals with Voban and are bitter enemies as well the same age.
She looks pretty young.. makes me wonder why Voban didn't want to keep his appearance as young as her

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:06   Link #1914
Richocet
Lover of Purity

The theory(s) I'm going with is
1. Campione maintain there age at when they first became a Campione
2. They eventually take the appearance of what describes their personality the best
Though I have no proof of any, unless some1 knows the real reason
Old 2012-07-22, 00:09   Link #1915
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
She looks pretty young.. makes me wonder why Voban didn't want to keep his appearance as young as her
It's been mentioned before that it's hard to predict a female magic users' age because they are able to keep their youthful appearance whilst males can't. On a side note, I am currently in a discussion on myanimelist about whether campiones are semi-immortal(able to live indefinitely but susceptible to physical harm like elves from LOTR) or not.Mind if someone add their opinion to this discussion?My current stance is that given that Lao Hao, Lady Aisha and Voban(who is neither a magician nor a martial artist) are all over two hundred, it is likely that campiones cannot die naturally unless they are killed by others.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:10   Link #1916
bludvein

That kinda theory reminds me of The Belgariad for anybody familiar with those books.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:15   Link #1917
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I think I've read it somewhere in the novel that they are semi-immortal though..but I'm not sure. However if that's true, wouldn't it be sad for his harem because they will die first and left Godou all alone? ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:18   Link #1918
Richocet
Lover of Purity

I believe they are semi immortal, since V-tan said that he will come back to fight against Godou and he has to remain undeafeted until then, and AFAIK it takes a real long time for them to come back as [Heretic God] and I do agree with the Elves from LOTR analogy
Old 2012-07-22, 00:28   Link #1919
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I think I've read it somewhere in the novel that they are semi-immortal though..but I'm not sure. However if that's true, wouldn't it be sad for his harem because they will die first and left Godou all alone? ;_;
I considered that as well. Unless the author pulls something off like the youth form granting his crew long lives as long as they are in his "service," Godou will outlive them by a wide margin.

I dunno if the LN is ever going to bring it up or not though, as its really not an immediate problem and its a bit of a heavy topic.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:35   Link #1920
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Both actually. The Volume 11 antagonists are Melqart then Salvatore.

Then is Melqart dead ?

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem