AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-25, 03:39   Link #1
jinyamato

what if........

i was thinking about a lot of what ifs........
here's one, what if.......haruka did not get knocked down by a car????
i got a feeling that if she did not get knocked down, the show will be quite messy....
Old 2004-11-25, 04:46   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If she did not get hit by the car the show would have been quite messy? Hello?! What actually did happen is about as messy as it is possible for anything to become. I can't imagine how it could possibly have been messier.

If Haruka had not been hit by the car, Takayuki would have broken up with her in a few weeks and started to date Mitsuki. Her feelings would have been hurt, but she would have eventually gotten over it. That's an ordinary level of misery that lots of high school kids overcome, not the super misery that crushes lives. Mitsuki would have stayedon the swim team. Takayuki would have gone on to college. I can't say for sure that Mitsuki and Takayuki's relationship would have worked out, but it is likely.

A couple breaking up can be messy, but not KgNE level messy.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-11-25, 05:17   Link #3
kujoe
from head to heel

Yeah... Part of what made KGNE messy was Haruka's accident. I doubt it would've gotten to this level. If Takayuki decided to break up with Haruka and start going for Mitsuki, there would've been a smoother sense of closure. The same can also be said for the other way around. Haruka's accident sort of prevented that.

Anyway, didn't the fan disc play around with this "what if" scenario?

Hmmm. I wonder how that turned out.
Old 2004-11-25, 05:36   Link #4
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, I doubt Takayuki will actually decide to break up with Haruka.

1) Takayuki can't decide on anything. He's just as passive as a piece of rock. He doesn't make any decisions.
2) Takayuki was in love with Haruka.
3) I doubt Haruka would take the initiative to break up with Takayuki.

So if there's no accident, I'd say it will most likely become
Takayuki - Haruka
Shinji - Mitsuki

Of course whether their relationship will last and they'll get married, that's not something we can tell. I'd say eventually Takayuki will get ditched by Haruka and Shinji will get all the girls
Old 2004-11-25, 05:55   Link #5
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Ah and this is the reason the Fan Disc was made
Old 2004-11-25, 06:04   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless

1) Takayuki can't decide on anything. He's just as passive as a piece of rock. He doesn't make any decisions.
Absolutely not. Takauki was already beginning to move from Haruka to Mitsuki when the accident happened. Remember what he was doing at the time that Haruka was hit? He was flirting with Mitsuki and buying her a ring. It might have taken him a while to finally break it off with Haruka, but I think it was inevitable. Heck, he was only dating Haruka in the first place to make Mitsuki happy. While he might have gotten to like Haruka I don't believe he was ever in love with her. (Although I know people will disagree with me on that last point.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-11-25, 06:52   Link #7
kujoe
from head to heel

And yes, this is possibly going to be a new chapter in the neverending KGNE debate.

Sorry. I just couldn't resist saying that.

With regard to the topic, I guess this is why the fan disc was made. That is, in order to address other alternate possibilities. I just have no idea how elaborate this fan disc goes. It could simply be another case of fanservice that was welcomed by many but then again, maybe not. ("Milking the cash cow" is another idea that comes to mind..)

Quote:

Going by that line of thinking, then it's also possible that if Mitsuki confesses to Takayuki in the middle of his relationship with Haruka, he would become just as undecisive as well. He did have a thing for Mitsuki too you know--from the very beginning. And well, I just don't see it as you do.

As for Shinji--he really isn't that bad of character. But for some reason, I started to hate him a little after watching the series a third time. On another note, I was surprised (and amused) to discover that a female friend of mine hates Akane with a passion. But that's another matter entirely.
Old 2004-11-25, 07:18   Link #8
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Absolutely not. Takauki was already beginning to move from Haruka to Mitsuki when the accident happened. Remember what he was doing at the time that Haruka was hit? He was flirting with Mitsuki and buying her a ring. It might have taken him a while to finally break it off with Haruka, but I think it was inevitable. Heck, he was only dating Haruka in the first place to make Mitsuki happy. While he might have gotten to like Haruka I don't believe he was ever in love with her. (Although I know people will disagree with me on that last point.)
err.. he's not exactly flirting with Mitsuki, he's just doing what Mitsuki told him to do... that just shows how passive as a rock he is, he just won't make any decision, and he just do whatever others tell him to do. So I'd say as long as Haruka doesn't take the initiative, he won't break up with her. He'll only break up with Haruka if Haruke orders him to go away, just like at the end of the anime series.

Quote:
Going by that line of thinking, then it's also possible that if Mitsuki confesses to Takayuki in the middle of his relationship with Haruka, he would become just as undecisive as well. He did have a thing for Mitsuki too you know--from the very beginning. And well, I just don't see it as you do.
I fully agree that he had a thing for Mitsuki from the beginning, but he just won't make any decision and instead take the easy way out by following other's orders... about what if Mitsuki confess to him when he's dating Haruka... hmm... I hope his absolute undecisiveness will make him self-implode and get himself erased from all spacetime countinuums

As for Shinji, just to say that Shinji x Mituski scene is definitely my personal most favorite part of the entire series, can't stop watching it again and again, must have watched it over dozens of times now. Absolutely delicious!
Old 2004-11-25, 09:41   Link #9
Takemi_Ikazuchi

There are 17+ endings in the game and Shinji never gets Mitsuki.. ever.

She just doesn't like him that way.

Truthfully, Mitsuki would just get over it since she didn't have to invest 3 miserable years of pain this time.

Then after a few weeks, Aliens would invade the earth...

Regarding the fandisc

Haruka-- the exact same route as in the original game, minus the accident. The 4 maintain their friendship after years. Mitsuki manages to make the swimming team. God knows what Shinji is doing, but it seems that he's doing well enough for Takayuki to envy him. Oh, and Haruka didn't become a children's book author. (my theory is she needs to undertand the pain of loss first)

Mitsuki-- Takayuki refuses Haruka's confession. He tells her that it's too sudden, but Haruka suspects otherwise. Mitsuki tries to hook them up the second time, but Haruka won't have any of that and instead tries to hook Mitsuki with Takayuki instead. In the end everything reaches a boiling point during the festival. Haruka forces the issue on Mitsuki. Shinji warns them that their friendship is in danger of breaking apart and he won't have any of that. Takayuki and Mitsuki relent and they both admit that they like each other. Haruka gives a speech on friendship.

Akane--The funniest route. Akane tries to enlist Takayuki's help to find out about the person who rejected her sister. Takayuki, unknowing of her relationship to Haruka helps her. Great chemistry here. The fact that everyone else is being coy about Akane's relationship to Haruka adds the overall comedy.

Manami-- angst.. angst... angst... In the end Takayuki leaves town with Manami and bids farewell to this 3 friends. Oh, the angst!!!

Last edited by Takemi_Ikazuchi; 2004-11-25 at 10:07.
Old 2004-11-25, 11:57   Link #10
kujoe
from head to heel

My favorite Mitsuki & Shinji moment from the anime is when she breaks the heel of her other shoe instead of accepting the shoes that Shinji bought her. After which, she stands up and walks on wearing those broken shoes. Actually, it's one of my favorite scenes from the entire series. Haruka's walking down the stairs on her own in the farewell scene--though good on its own--feels more of a cliche compared to this.

Nevertheless, both were great defining moments for each character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Regarding the fandisc

. . . . . .
Thanks for the summary.

But wow. I guess what I heard was quite true after all. Mitsuki's route is still more elaborate (or messy--whichever you prefer..) in the fan disc, which is...quite ironic when you think about it. Well, at least in my opinion anyway. For some reason, I'm liking this route more than the anime's version of Mitsuki's True End. But that's just me.

Even more interesting is the fact that in Haruka's route, she doesn't become a children's book author. It seems to affirm that her accident--despite the painful experience that it was in the original version--was a significant part of her formation as an author and as a person.

Now for Akane's route in the fan disc... Heh. Sounds good. Also, a good way of balancing out Manami's route.
Old 2004-11-25, 12:26   Link #11
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
My favorite Mitsuki & Shinji moment from the anime is when she breaks the heel of her other shoe instead of accepting the shoes that Shinji bought her. After which, she stands up and walks on wearing those broken shoes. Actually, it's one of my favorite scenes from the entire series. Haruka's walking down the stairs on her own in the farewell scene--though good on its own--feels more of a cliche compared to this.
well, I like that moment too, but not as much as the Shinji X Mitsuki action moments well, Mitsuki declining Shinji at that time means Shinji can have some more hot action with another cute girl Miki later on, instead of sticking with the "used" Mitsuki... and that's good news for me. I mean, no matter how good Mitsuki is, she's already "used", most importantly by that Takayuki, and Shinji surely deserves something much better than only inheriting a used girl from that hypocrite wuss Takayuki, so yup, one night with his old dream girl Mitsuki and then some more with a fresh cute girl like Miki is good

For the fan-disk summaries... hmm... it sounds to me like
Haruka - drab everyday life kind of route
Mitsuki - all-happy fairy-tale drama kind of route
Akane - comedy
Manami - angst
Old 2004-11-25, 12:30   Link #12
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
well, I like that moment too, but not as much as the Shinji X Mitsuki action moments well, Mitsuki declining Shinji at that time means Shinji can have some more hot action with another cute girl Miki later on, instead of sticking with the "used" Mitsuki... and that's good news for me. I mean, no matter how good Mitsuki is, she's already "used", and Shinji surely deserves something much better than getting a used girl from that hypocrite wuss Takayuki, so yup, one night with Mitsuki and then some more with a fresh cute girl like Miki is good
Well yeah... That's certainly a nice way of showing a sense of personal female empowerment, huh?
Old 2004-11-25, 12:50   Link #13
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:

So if there's no accident, I'd say it will most likely become
Takayuki - Haruka
Shinji - Mitsuki

Of course whether their relationship will last and they'll get married, that's not something we can tell. I'd say eventually Takayuki will get ditched by Haruka and Shinji will get all the girls
Yeah, i agree dreamless right here.

I think that Takayuki was truely in love with Haruka, considering that he almost went into a coma himself when she had her accident. But, because he found out that Mitsuki really liked him, he went with her. His indicisiveness ruined his relationship with Haruka.
Old 2004-11-25, 13:01   Link #14
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Well yeah... That's certainly a nice way of showing a sense of personal female empowerment, huh?
well, it's thumb up for Shinji, and thumb down for Takayuki I'd say Mitsuki is a great girl, or rather, was a great girl. The only thing bad about her is that she has gotten herself... umm... "contaminated" by Takayuki... Takayuki = bad, contaminated by Takayuki = bad, beating up Takayuki = good, Shinji beating Takayuki = the second best scene in the series that I can't stop watching again and again over dozens of times. Go Shinji! Beat the crap out of Takayuki, YAY!

For Shinji
For Takayuki
Old 2004-11-25, 13:14   Link #15
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Personally the best part of the Fan Disc was the extra MuvLuv parody chapter and the head bang alliance story.

It's just too funny
Old 2004-11-25, 14:41   Link #16
pandabearnay
Huh? Wha?? Nani??!!

Heh, a "what if" thread. What if Takayuki got hit with the car? Then there wouldn't be a story at all.
Or what if Mitsuki got hit? Then they would have just moved on with there lives.
If it was Shinji? No one would care.
IMHO, after watching the whole series, I wish they all got hit by a car. I almost went into depression after watching this. It's one of those "I hate to love animes".....or is it"love to hate"?
Old 2004-11-25, 17:24   Link #17
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Personally the best part of the Fan Disc was the extra MuvLuv parody chapter and the head bang alliance story.

It's just too funny
Another reason to try to play this game lol...
Old 2004-11-25, 19:01   Link #18
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I agree, the only reason he stayed close to Haruka after the accident was because he felt guilty for what happened, not because he loved her. He accused himself and his flirting with Mitsuki (actually more Mitsuki hitting on Takayuki) for the accident.

If this accident hadn't happened, I'm pretty sure that Haruka and takayuki would've broken up, especially if Mitsuki stays close to Takayuki.

And one thing is for sure : Mitsuki wouldn't have cut her hair, ah the horror of seeing such a wonderful haircut destroyed

PS Isn't it about time this all-time beauty of an anime ges licensed?
Old 2004-11-25, 21:13   Link #19
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
PS Isn't it about time this all-time beauty of an anime ges licensed?
I wonder who'd pick it up... Isn't Media Blasters the only company to have picked up h-game-turned-anime series?
Old 2004-11-25, 22:40   Link #20
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Yeah, i agree dreamless right here.

I think that Takayuki was truely in love with Haruka, considering that he almost went into a coma himself when she had her accident. But, because he found out that Mitsuki really liked him, he went with her. His indicisiveness ruined his relationship with Haruka.
I'm sorry, but what you're saying is quite a load.... of crap.

Think in the first place how difficult it is to maintain long-distance relationships, much less a relationship where one person is not even responding at all. That, added with devastation and desperation... I don't see how at all Takayuki's liking of Mitsuki and coupling with her was a sign of indecisiveness.

But no, I am not denying that Takayuki (affectionately named Bakayuki by veterean posters) is an indecisive arse later in the story. He caused ALOT of pain.. And it's incredibly annoying, and although it's somewhat understandable, I think the pain and depression was amplified multiple-fold in the anime so he really became quite unbearable..

So, to summarise. Takayuki getting together with Mitsuki was not wrong. He was truly devastated, and was loyal to Haruka for a very, very long time. Would you have been happier if he just went insane and got boinked by a passing van as well? (Certainly you would say yes *now* knowing what an ass he is, but thinking along the story.. if Haruka fell into a coma and Takayuki went insane because of it, would that make you give him the thumbs up instead?)

Well.. we've discussed this a WHOLE LOT in earlier posts.. but anyways.. Shinji is teh crappy bastage.
Closed Thread