ヒットハード&高速

Da Capo II @PC (finished the first one)
Old 2012-04-02, 15:00   Link #3042
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Picked up MTG again with UR Storm...
Zelda Skyward Sword -> Second Dungeon (?)
Usual: LoL and VN

MTG is pretty fun, but quite expensive. The cost is the reason why I chooses UR Storm over other decks.
Old 2012-04-06, 19:07   Link #3043
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: Playing Tales of Graces ƒ been really off and on it lately. Stopped for abit to play some Silent Hill HD Collection, but after getting pissed off at some of the bugs in that came back to Graces. It's pretty good, kinda miss the overworld like most other Tales of game, but you get used to it. The battle system also took a good while to get used to, but afterwards I find it works well and keeps things sorta fast pased. All in all, I like it.... just not as much as saaaaaaay.... Tales of the Abyss.

GC: Got a new Gamecube controller, and finally found my memory card (with some data missing from it), so I've decided to play the games that are missing from it. Starting with Pikmin, leading over to Pikmin 2. This game seemed ALOT harder back in the day, what with the time limit and everything... but now I figure as long as I get 1 part per day, I should be fine.... which makes this game waaaaay too easy.

3DS: Just finished with Tales of the Abyss, so I went and bought Kid Icarus: Uprising. With the battery pack I have on my 3DS (doubling/tripling the weight), holding the 3DS the way it wants me to to play the game is pretty hard on the hands. Otherwise, the game IS pretty good. The dialogue is pretty.... terrible at times.... but the gameplay is actually pretty interesting. Usually playing on 5.0 Intensity or higher, so hearts are no problem. The Main Menu is..... very.... "Smash Bros"... if that makes sense~

PSP: I've really been all over on this one... WAS playing Fate/Extra, but moved over to Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Seeing as I REALLY loved Ys Seven, I really want to love this series. I play abit into the game and get my ass just completely handed to me. After several attempts, and several different strategies, I finally beat the boss.... where I then switch over to Ys I & II Chronicles...... which at that point I'm lost right from the get go. I'm really trying to love this serieeeees.
Old 2012-04-06, 20:08   Link #3044
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Finally taking up Mass Effect again at some friends' requests. Unfortunately, last time I played, I got so damn bored with the Citadel segment at the beginning of the game, just after Eden Prime, that I ended up dropping the game and moving on to things I found more interesting.

And I just got done with Eden Prime for this new run. Bleh.
Old 2012-04-08, 10:52   Link #3045
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Started Fate/EXTRA. Decided to start the game with Caster...the kemono-mimi and Saito Chiwa as the VA got me to choose her over Red Saber. Though currently I just barely managed to scrape by and make it to the third match, I'm kinda questioning my decision...I'm hoping that if I stick with it then it'll pay off...and if it doesnt then I can always start a new save.

Also still trying to clear off my little pile of PS3 games...almost a 100% trophy collection for iM@S2 and Rune Factory...though for iM@S2 I still need the trophy for scoring 76500 during an audition/live/festival and in Rune Factory I've got a LOT of fishing to do...I just got the trophy for fishing 100 times, now all I need is the trophy for fishing 1000 and then 2000 times...orz. Then there's the ONEPIECE Kaizoku Musou...just need to figure out what the secret trophy is...orz

Dont even get me started on where I am on Disgaea 3...orz
Old 2012-04-08, 17:42   Link #3046
Mateus

Final Fantasy III DS
Old 2012-04-08, 18:56   Link #3047
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Finally taking up Mass Effect again at some friends' requests. Unfortunately, last time I played, I got so damn bored with the Citadel segment at the beginning of the game, just after Eden Prime, that I ended up dropping the game and moving on to things I found more interesting.

And I just got done with Eden Prime for this new run. Bleh.
Really? The stuff on the Citadel lasts for maybe an hour or two of playtime. You go get Garrus and Wrex and then talk to Barla Von, he tells you where to go, you go pick up Tali and you GTFO to go pick up Liara on Therum and then start saving the goddamn galaxy. The sidequests don't even matter unless you're really keen to have them referenced in ME2 and ME3.
Old 2012-04-08, 22:22   Link #3048
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It was less the side quests and more the somewhat confusing layout of the Citadel itself plus all the infodumping and codex-hunting to get the needed EXP that early in the game. Being a chronic completionist hasn't helped much either.
Old 2012-04-09, 02:16   Link #3049
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
It was less the side quests and more the somewhat confusing layout of the Citadel itself plus all the infodumping and codex-hunting to get the needed EXP that early in the game. Being a chronic completionist hasn't helped much either.
I don't really bother with trying to max level in ME1. It's not possible to do in one playthrough, and even when you're sitting at the level cap, you can only gain a maximum of 3 free levels in ME2. Plus, with all the DLC, you'll hit the level 30 cap in ME2 with an imported Shepard long before you finish the game.
Old 2012-04-09, 02:29   Link #3050
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, I need all the advantages I can get, including leveling bonuses. After my performance on Therum, I can safely say there's a bit of a learning curve for me on this game. Friggin' hoppers.
Old 2012-04-09, 02:38   Link #3051
Ermes Marana

Finished Ys: Oath in Felghana on normal and have now been playing Etrian Odyssey II.

If anyone ever tells you "JRPGs are too easy" just tell them to play these. I'm afraid to try Oath on the higher difficulties.

Oh yeah, I also pre-ordered Legend of Grimrock, so I'll be playing that soon. Hope it's good...
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 02:39   Link #3052
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Well, I need all the advantages I can get, including leveling bonuses. After my performance on Therum, I can safely say there's a bit of a learning curve for me on this game. Friggin' hoppers.
What class are you playing as?
Old 2012-04-09, 02:44   Link #3053
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Soldier. I didn't feel like playing a class that's more complicated; figured I'd do that for future playthroughs, if I decide I like the game well enough for it.
Old 2012-04-09, 02:58   Link #3054
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Soldier. I didn't feel like playing a class that's more complicated; figured I'd do that for future playthroughs, if I decide I like the game well enough for it.
Soldier is pretty OP in ME1, only losing out to Infiltrator for maximum ridiculousness. None of the classes are complex in ME1; there's no special tricks other than using powers and shooting things. It's not like ME2 and ME3 where biotic classes rely heavily on combining effects for massive damage.

The AR in ME1 isn't nearly as all-around useful as it is in the other two games. Make sure you use different weapons for different things. Shotguns are ridiculously overpowered in ME1--if you put points into them, you have an incredibly hard-hitting short to medium range weapon.

When I did a soldier playthrough for ME1, I used the shotgun and sniper rifle more than any other gun, especially since the battle areas can be a lot more open and you can do some crazy one-hit-kills from long distances.

In the latter games, the sniper rifle is less useful due to nearly all gunfights taking place in tightly enclosed spaces. The assault rifle is pretty much golden in both ME2 and ME3, but the "which one" question is different.

Basically, to kill things fast as a soldier in ME1 you want to abuse the bullet-time power like crazy.
Old 2012-04-09, 03:01   Link #3055
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, and since I'm starting from a new game without prior experience, I basically have little powers, crap weaponry, and crap armor, with no idea how to fight anything but a Thresher Maw in a Mako. My first encounters with Hoppers and that Armature on Therum ended badly for Wrex and Tali.
Old 2012-04-09, 03:11   Link #3056
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I'd avoid using Tali because she's basically useless gameplay-wise. Garrus and Wrex or Garrus and Liara or... well, Garrus and anyone else.
Old 2012-04-09, 03:12   Link #3057
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Eh, probably every first-time ME players suffers that. Hell, IIRC my Shepard got killed in one shot by the Armature while my squadmates are still standing; first time I realized that Shep can't die at all cost. Then there's that time when the Tresher Maw impaled my Mako and killed everybody.

Playing ME1 is like riding a bicycle - the first few tries will bruise you.

Tali is actually quite useful, moreso in 1 than 2 at least since she can use Carnage and Overload.

---

Since I won't be getting Fall of the Samurai until June at the earliest, I'm currently replaying Empire Total War. It's still fun, but Shogun 2's interface is more user-friendly.
Old 2012-04-09, 03:19   Link #3058
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'd avoid using Tali because she's basically useless gameplay-wise. Garrus and Wrex or Garrus and Liara or... well, Garrus and anyone else.
Garrus is the best character from the Mass Effect universe.

Reminds me of myself.

;D

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 03:24   Link #3059
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Enjoying Tales of Graces f (PS3) myself. Good to get back into a Tales game. Though couldn't help but laugh a bit when browsing the online store and seeing how many costumes and accessories they have lined up for purchase . The game itself has been fun so far and mostly enjoying the story.
Old 2012-04-09, 15:17   Link #3060
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Alan Wake

Playing with my best friend, cause I'm a total wuss when it comes to horror games
We're just through the second episode and I really like it till now. The fights are more action packed than I would have imagined, but despite the surprise attacks I'm still scared when playing.
It's also pretty fun to debate about what is going on, a real bonus when you're playing with someone else.

The stamina of Alan is laughable, though. So he can dodge axes and fire guns, but can't even run as much as me? Puss*!

I'm going to be sad if the coffe cans turn out to be simple collectibles and aren't connected to the story at all. I would like a coffee methaphore. Since I like coffee. And metaphores.

Also trying to finish ICO (close!) and Mass Effect, when I find the time. Yes, ME 1, albeit already having 2 and 3 in my shelf.
Yes, I'm a bad zebra ._.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote