AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-10-21, 18:56   Link #5561
sky black swordman

Oakland wins extremely ugly game.
And the Patriots win over the Jets
Both games went to overtime. And both winning teams won their games won by a 3 FG.

And so now it begins.
Will next week be TEBOW TIME ? Or will Mark get another shot.
And even with the win, how much credit for the win goes to Greg Knapp ? IMO not much.
Old 2012-10-21, 19:16   Link #5562
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Raiders won and if i were Rex Ryan I would really let Tebow throw the ball... maybe Jets think Tebow magic works best having 7 losses.
Old 2012-10-21, 20:26   Link #5563
D2
Go Big Red!

Packers take care of business. Nice to finally have a string of consecutive wins. I think this team may finally be getting its stuff together.
Old 2012-10-21, 21:51   Link #5564
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
And it's going to take some time for that to happen. Right now, we aren't a team that throws for 300+ yards on a consistent basis, and we shouldn't try to be that just yet, given the fuckups in the Vikings and Giants games. Smith shouldn't be pressured into the doing everything (like you seem think), not especially when we've got marquee players at about just every single position on offense, defense, and special teams. and I've said it before, I think The Niners are fine as they are right now.
You don't have to throw for 300 yards to utilize your best weapon in the passing game. Vernon Davis has always been a staple of our conservative passing game. I just don't know why he wasn't even targeted once in the win. I rewatched the game and it looked like there was one time he was targeted, but I think it was officially negated.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 05:44   Link #5565
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Wow, no one mentioned the Giants-Redskins game? I frankly thought that was the match of the round. RG3 going ballistic and pulling off freakingly good plays that makes Cam Newton's rookie season pale in comparison. Then Eli 'I Believe' Manning replies in a single play. Redskins offense is really fun to watch now. Can't see how RG3 won't be Rookie of the Year unless he gets a serious injury.

Baltimore were already having problems before losing Webb and co. There's something more fundamentally wrong with them. Their secondary isn't covering properly and their defensive line is leaking run yards big time. The upside for Baltimore is the AFC is weaksauce this year. They can still make the playoffs but any significant run is unlikely with their injuries and deficient defense. Suggs will fix some problems but like Reed and the like, one can't fix all.

Minnesota for most improved team of the year? Ponder's haphazard throw performances aside, a healthy Peterson and rampant Harvin ripping it up along with Kalil giving protection and an improved defense - NFC North just got harsher. Detroit might be the extreme victim of its ruthless nature.

And somebody beat Atlanta...that NFC South is a joke this year. Carolina are going backwards, Tampa Bay are improving but are still a project, while Who Dat were always destined for a sub-par year. Atlanta's record will be the most inflated in the league and I still smell a usual one and out in the playoffs. They are lucky as hell Matt Ryan happened to be utterly terrible against Oakland, aka one of the few teams incapable of capitalising on that.

Some early predictions for playoff making teams:

AFC: Houston, New England, Baltimore, Denver, Pittsburgh...damn, it's hard to think of 6 AFC teams this season...meh, let's do a really wildcard pick...Miami. Cinicnatti's offense is in a bind, Oakland are all over the place, San Diego is becoming pick central, NY Jets are just drama central yet again. If Buffalo's defense wasn't so leaky, I'd almost dare to pick them. But Miami might be the beneficiary of a wacky conference and division. For all the offseason meltdowns, Miami is somehow doing more things right than not and keeping up with the rest of the midpack.

NFC: Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, NY Giants, Green Bay, Minnesota. Really wish it was Seattle instead of Atlanta but their offense needs more time to hit their straps - Russel Wilson is decent but he ain't RG3 level and their receivers spill more than they should. Would love to hope Washington make it, but NFC East is bizarre by tradition. Playoffs a season later isn't beyond them at all. Dallas, for all the insanity they attract...they just could...and this time, I'm not pinning the problems on Romo as much. Bryant being a diva and some stupid coaching decisions are hurting them more. Dallas could have been 5-1 if not for ridiculous mistakes. But one gets the feeling there's a culture problem and that Garrett and Jones would have to be culled to make the place work.
Old 2012-10-22, 06:32   Link #5566
GDB

In order to win my fantasy league week, I need Calvin Johnson to put up no more than 30 yards and 0 TDs. I'm not especially liking my odds.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 07:10   Link #5567
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

They're playing Chicago. The way Detroit have been, it might happen.
Old 2012-10-22, 08:58   Link #5568
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Just posted on NFL.com:

Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson announces Monday that Hurney has been relieved of his duties as general manager.

Can't say this is a surprise...
Old 2012-10-22, 20:08   Link #5569
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Yes!!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

It's because of that fucker why the Panthers are screwed in the cap through 2014. Should've been let go with John Fox.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 23:05   Link #5570
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
In order to win my fantasy league week, I need Calvin Johnson to put up no more than 30 yards and 0 TDs. I'm not especially liking my odds.
Feeling better?
Old 2012-10-23, 01:29   Link #5571
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Feeling better?
This is what the Chicago Bears did too the Lions today.

5-1!!! Its true the Bears are a balanced team with good defense!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 02:14   Link #5572
D2
Go Big Red!

Hey guys, it was Monday Night a few hours ago, so you know what that means, it's time for:

Old 2012-10-23, 07:33   Link #5573
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Feeling better?
No, he put up 34 yards. Pending stat corrections, I lost by 0.36 points.
Old 2012-10-23, 08:58   Link #5574
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Looks like my season is pretty much in the tubes in our fantasy league. There were at least three weeks when I had higher-scoring options on the bench.
Old 2012-10-23, 09:05   Link #5575
GDB

I know how that is. I'd be undefeated if I had started one alternate player in each of the three weeks that I lost. I still have hope for this week, though. Come on, stat corrections!
Old 2012-10-25, 19:32   Link #5576
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

IT'S THURSDAY.

Quote:
SEA @ SF: San Francisco (Struggles against great D's aside, I'd still rank The Niners Offense above Seattle's, though the focus will be on both sides defenses.)
And The Niners went back to what works for them, and succeeded with it.

Quote:
TEN @ BUF: Buffalo (It's the mediocre special!)
The Flamming Thumbtacks pull a fast on me again.

Quote:
WSH @ NYG: Washington (Because)
RGIII looked good, but a loss is a loss.

Quote:
NO @ TB: New Orleans (Basing this on The Saints offense)
And The Sinners hold on despite The Jackasses last-second heroics.

Quote:
DAL @ CAR: Carolina (Robocop pulls himself out of the rut he's been in)
This will be a long season for those in Charlotte.

Quote:
BAL @ HOU: Houston (On balance, The Moos are more balanced than The Ravens right now.
Fuck balance, The Moos left The Ravens flatfooted!

Quote:
CLE @ IND: Indianapolis (The Ugly one gets another win)
Turn, turn the merry-go-round goes…

Quote:
GB @ STL: St. Louis (The Rams are looking dangerously capable on offense)
But they're not quite ready to beat the best…

Quote:
ARI @ MIN: Tossup (A match with huge ramifications for both sides)
Quote:
NYJ @ NE: New England (And The Jets get slaughtered)
A surprising squeaker for The Pats here.

Quote:
JAX @ OAK: Oakland (If The Raiders lose here, then they are truly fucked)
The Raiders pull off an ugly one…

Quote:
PIT @ CIN: Tossup (Another match with huge ramifications)
Aand the Bengals are in a rut.

Quote:
DET @ CHI: Chicago (The Bears are more balanced.)
And The Bears keep reminding me how much I underestimated them.

Now! WEEK 8!

TB @ MIN: Minnesota (The Vikes are really starting to show how far they've come from last year's disaster)

JAX @ GB: Green Bay (This needs no explantation)

CAR @ CHI: Chicago (Another home win for The Bears)

WSH @ PIT: Washington (It's what my gut is telling me)

SEA @ DET: Seattle (Could be a trap game for The Seahawks)

SD @ CLE: San Diego (Yeah, I could care less about this)

ATL @ PHI: Philadelphia (Crazy pick here, though The Falcons might bring in even more of the ASB's to fuel them further.)

MIA @ NYJ: Tossup (A vital match, whomever wins can be seen as still being in the wild-card race)

NE @ STL: New England (This London match should be rather interesting)

IND @ TEN: Tossup (The battle for third worst in the AFC South starts here)

OAK @ KC: Oakland (The Chiefs are flaming wreck, and the perfect team to get an easy win off of)

NYG @ DAL: New York (Can't really argue with The Giants right now even if I don't like them)

NO @ DEN: New Orleans (That Drew Brees offense might just do something big)

SF @ ARI: Tossup (This will be epic)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:00   Link #5577
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Now! WEEK 8!

TB @ MIN: Minnesota (The Vikes are really starting to show how far they've come from last year's disaster)
And yet, today proves that the Vikes are pretenders.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:34   Link #5578
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
It ain't over til' the fat lady sings. (And the fat lady still has to wait and see what The Raiders make of their easy ass schedule before she can start singing)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 06:19   Link #5579
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
For a bunch of pretenders, they're doing good

Last edited by Strygwyr; 2012-10-26 at 14:51. Reason: sounded wrong
Strygwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 08:13   Link #5580
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Look, this Vikings group is still relatively young and coming off a stretch of bad years. They had an off day. Ponder is still green and will have off-days. Peterson fumbled - something he hasn't done for quite a while. That D of theirs that had been solid this year leaked a lot of yards to Doug Martin. Truth be told, Minnesota got away with some wins last few weeks despite Ponder underperforming. This time they were caught out. I still think they're playoffs material, but not contenders for this season.

And Tampa Bay are also a young, thrown-together side who finally got hold of some seasoned people this year. They were able to hang in with New Orleans for a reason - they just lacked the polish that day. Versus Minnesota, they were on song. Doug Martin was really fun to watch - he's the kind of run Tampa have needed badly. It's also somewhat pleasing to see Freeman can throw when he has targets. Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson are giving him good supply. This is a move in the right direction from that team that couldn't stop losing last season. I'd like to think they can take a game from Atlanta.

If it's hard to pick true contenders this year, is that such a bad thing? I'll take a close competition over certain winners anyday.

Tags
american football, sports